SCS Supercoach Ultimate League

lappinitup

2006 AFL SuperCoach Winner
AFL Club
Carlton
Hypothetical.

If I trade Jack Carroll (plays round 13 in SCSUL Round 2 of byes) for Grundy (Plays Round 14) during Round 13, I presume I can't pick Grundy in round 14? Even if I have no rucks playing and he plays?

Without over complicating it: The trade deadline for any round 13 or round 14 player, is night before round 13?

**this is slightly more complicated for round 12/13 selection, but not going there!

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
SCSUL Round 12 starts this Friday, any trade must be made by tomorrow.

SCSUL Round 13 starts the following Friday when Sydney play, any trade must be made by the Thursday. (The Thursday night game involves two teams, PTA and GEE, whose scores count for SCSUL Round 12)

lappinitup

AFL Club
Carlton
SCSUL Round 12 starts this Friday, any trade must be made by tomorrow.

SCSUL Round 13 starts the following Friday when Sydney play, any trade must be made by the Thursday. (The Thursday night game involves two teams, PTA and GEE, whose scores count for SCSUL Round 12)
Another little complication I didn't envisage, but for all intensive purposes I was right. If you want a round 14 player, do it before 13!!

Thanks Ken - all makes sense. Might pull the trigger on a trade then.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi all

With the split round, I’m assuming there’ll be flexibility with team selections again given teams for next round not known til next Thurs?

I will be selecting TGreene and Rowell on the basis that their respective injury reports suggest they are chances for next week (and have named my backups in my notes section).

Thanks!

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Hi all

With the split round, I’m assuming there’ll be flexibility with team selections again given teams for next round not known til next Thurs?

I will be selecting TGreene and Rowell on the basis that their respective injury reports suggest they are chances for next week (and have named my backups in my notes section).

Thanks!
Yes, much like day before team announcements. No looping, and leave notes, as you have done.

lappinitup

AFL Club
Carlton
Presume for round 12 I can now remove Guthrie?

Am I allowed to move a player who has played though? Clearly Sidebottom is my only other midfielder, however he is on my forward line and has played.

So I am not introducing a new player, simply moving one as I would have done under a normal round scenario.

lappinitup

AFL Club
Carlton
Answer impacts round 13 as well I just realised!

Collingwood playing a week before both times hurts!

In any normal round / selection conditions, I can see sides selected and then move Sidebottom accordingly. As we are trying to replicate normal round conditions with this format, do we have the same ability?

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Am I allowed to move a player who has played though? Clearly Sidebottom is my only other midfielder, however he is on my forward line and has played.

So I am not introducing a new player, simply moving one as I would have done under a normal round scenario.
Ken can and will confirm, but yes that is allowed.

lappinitup

AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks mate - very generous as I am playing you.

I hoped it may be covered by "If changes are required due to team selection in the following AFL round, changes are allowed to overcome this issue, as we did last season in similar circumstances ".

However, wasn't 100% sure that related to players who had played already. For complete transparency, thought it best I asked questions first before changing the spreadsheet!

Last edited:

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.

Answer impacts round 13 as well I just realised!

Collingwood playing a week before both times hurts!

In any normal round / selection conditions, I can see sides selected and then move Sidebottom accordingly. As we are trying to replicate normal round conditions with this format, do we have the same ability?
Thanks mate - very generous as I am playing you.

I hoped it may be covered by "If changes are required due to team selection in the following AFL round, changes are allowed to overcome this issue, as we did last season in similar circumstances ".

However, wasn't 100% sure that related to players who had played already. For complete transparency, thought it best I asked questions first before changing the spreadsheet!
Yes, that is permissible. Unselected players can be replaced. Easy when players haven't played.

More difficult if they have already played. Therefore, teams need to write notes for scenarios before hand. Sidebottom is a good example with DPP.

Can you also find a way to remove Brad Sheppard -1.................
Unfortunately, NO. I wish that I could similar with McGrath's 9 and Jones' 17.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.

SCSUL Statement.png
Pre-Finals Trade Deadline

Deadline: Prior to AFL Round 17 (SCSUL Round 16) Matches

This will be a strict deadline, any trades completed or confirmed after this deadline will not be accepted.

Trading will re-open at the completion of SCSUL Finals