Competitions SuperCoach Racing Autumn 2019

AFL Club
Sydney
How many horses in one race is to many? Sounds like "Is three dogs midfielders too many? :p

In the Oaks I am tempted to start five - Colette, Probabeel, Shout The Bar, Nudge and Toffee Tongue. They all seem good value and good chances. Should they finish as the first five the stable earns 128 (40 + 32+ 24 +18 + 14) plus any captain bonus. Unlikely the will finish as the top 5, but perhaps it is a strategy that might just work? That leaves 5 picks to cover the other races.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
How many horses in one race is to many? Sounds like "Is three dogs midfielders too many? :p

In the Oaks I am tempted to start five - Colette, Probabeel, Shout The Bar, Nudge and Toffee Tongue. They all seem good value and good chances. Should they finish as the first five the stable earns 128 (40 + 32+ 24 +18 + 14) plus any captain bonus. Unlikely the will finish as the top 5, but perhaps it is a strategy that might just work? That leaves 5 picks to cover the other races.

Thoughts?
It's sort of like banking a 110-115 VC score in SC. Some weeks it will work out well, it guards against a completely disastrous result, but limits your upper end quite a bit.
As you pointed out, the best result is 128, but 3 of your picks are stuck with a maximum score of 56 between them. If you were able to put together a maximum scoring team from there, your upside potential score is:
128 + 40 + 40 + 40 + 32 + 32 = 312 + jockey + Captain.
Whereas in theory, the maximum score this week is:
40 + 40 + 40 + 40 + 32 + 32 + 32 +32 + 32 + 32 = 352 + jockey + Captain.
If it were a smaller field than 14, say 8 or 9 at the max, the idea would have more merit. I actually did have 5 in a Gp1 in the Spring, in a race with 7 runners, where they were pretty much the cheapest runners available (nearly the case here), and there was only 1 other Gp1 race on the card, and from memory, 2 or 3 Gp2's.
I think 5 is overkill in this case, but I can see a good argument for 3, and possibly 4, if it gives you the $$$ to be well represented in the other Gp1 + 2's.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm tossing up between 3 teams. They each have 5 horses in common, and JMac as Jockey.

SCS2020 ARacing R6deci.png

Team A has the highest Projected score I can piece together, but has the problem of 3 picks in Race 1, which can only potentially total 44 points, hence it's Potential score is a lot lower than Team B's.
Team B has a great Potential score, but it's Projected score is slightly lower than I'd like.
Team C is somewhat of a balance between the Team A & Team B.
Team A has Young Rascal Captain, while Team's B & C have my preferece for Danon Premium to Captain.
I'm currently leaning towards Team B.

AFL Club
GWS Giants

Thoughts?
Just remember that whichever horse you take out to help your numbers will come first