Competitions SuperCoach Racing Autumn 2019

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I decided to travel a slightly different path this week, trying to break into the top 100 to end the season.
I left out popular picks Quick Thinker and King's Legacy.
One was a good call, the other very poor!

I see some had King's Legacy Captain.
Well done, those who did that!!!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I decided to travel a slightly different path this week, trying to break into the top 100 to end the season.
I left out popular picks Quick Thinker and King's Legacy.
One was a good call, the other very poor!

I see some had King's Legacy Captain.
Well done, those who did that!!!
One of my first decent captain selections. Hitting form too late.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sitting on a comparatively poor 129 with 2 runners to come.
Interestingly enough, that is exactly what my projected score has me scoring to here.
Spent big on the next, taking both Pierata (C) and Santa Ana Lane.
Having both will be a bit of a POD, though many will have one or the other.
Projected to score 60 from those 2, including the double points for Pierata.
So if Pierata can run first 2, I will at least beat my weekly projected score.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Thanks Rowsus. I actually like Kinane ($100k) who is in Quick Thinker's G3 race. Money has come in for it ($18 into $8). Quick Thinker has done his best work on rain affected tracks so Kinane a chance. I'll probably ride with both of them to allow for both Pierata and Bivouac.
Tips like these from very knowledgeable SC and racing experts are what makes this site great!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
From what I can see, and calculate, we were the number 1 League with 10+ members, so well done everybody.
Thanks for sticking with it, and givins us the "win"!

We ended up with 9 people in the top 1,000!

It'd be good to hear from you high scorers how your weekly went!

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
From what I can see, and calculate, we were the number 1 League with 10+ members, so well done everybody.
Thanks for sticking with it, and givins us the "win"!

We ended up with 9 people in the top 1,000!

It'd be good to hear from you high scorers how your weekly went!
252 saw me rank 167 for the round. I see the weekly winner scored 296! The result saw me jump 284 places to 387.

I got lucky with Tofane. I wanted two horses in race 7 and that was the best I could afford ... no strategy behind that one!

I see the overall leader has a stable value of $2.65m ... good luck those on his tail trying to catch him!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
229 for the round, Round 7 rank 882.

1421 pts overall, 1149th overall.

Final stable value was $2.375M.

I had issues with a lower stable value than most until the last few rounds, also had a bad habit of picking terrible captains. Did OK for a first attempt, but still a bit behind most people here.

I'm glad I joined though, as it is likely going to be a while until the next lot of fantasy comps.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
252 saw me rank 167 for the round. I see the weekly winner scored 296! The result saw me jump 284 places to 387.

I got lucky with Tofane. I wanted two horses in race 7 and that was the best I could afford ... no strategy behind that one!

I see the overall leader has a stable value of $2.65m ... good luck those on his tail trying to catch him!
I've got some bad news for you. The season is sadly finished.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 231
Rd Rank: 800
Final stable value: $2,425,000 ($2,3 at the beginning of the round)
Overall Rank: 477 (from 610)

Thoroughly enjoyed another season of racing considering I’ve yet to watch more than 2 races over both seasons combined. All credit for my performance (which if I remember correctly is my 2nd consecutive top 500 finish), must go to @Rowsus for his magnificent tables helping newcomers or less astute/knowledgable coaches such as myself.

Goes to show that knowledge of the players/participants or the sport is not essential to muster a respectable rank and hopefully with the lack of fantasy sports currently on offer, coaches are more willing to give other competitions such as NFL/NBA/EPL Sportsdeck and SC Big Bash/NRL, etc a go in the latter half of the year. These competitions have been far more enjoyable and exciting over the past 1-2 years (for myself) due to venturing into the unknown and applying or trying certain tactics learned in SC AFL, along with the friendly and knowledgeable members willing to give their time to assist others in anyway possible.

AFL Club
Sydney
@Rowsus - interested in how you estimated the "Horse" number. I guess it is a probability (density?) function based on knowledge of how frequently horses at various odds actually win. So $2 shots win more frequently that $10 shots, but unlikely to be 5 times as often. Something that goes back to your work with bookies?

I understand if the info is proprietral and you cannot pass it on.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Score: 211
Round Rank: 1881
FInal Rank: 887

After starting off in a blaze of glory, the final few weeks saw a poor conversion of captain choices and 50-50 selections. Thanks for all the data Rowsus, much appreciated.