Top 20 Teams: Round 17 Update

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well might as well keep this theme going ...

- Why ... I like it and since I can't win it overall find it interesting to monitor ...

To start with is my part 1:

- 3 teams entered the top 20 this week and the order shuffled quite a bit ...

1563184725621.png

Part 2: is the actual team break downs, probable trades made , injury updates etc but I didn't commence this topic so will wait on @THCLT comments before continuing ...

Edit: OK so got the go ahead so Part 2 should appear sometime tomorrow arvo ...

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As promised here is Part 2:

Carrying on from the great work from @THCLT.

- For those coaches at the pointy end of the overall ranking, this thread may be of some use as you endeavour to craft your way onwards and upwards for the remainder of the season.

Notes:
- Below is a listing of players for the Top 20 teams with non-playing players greyed out and injured players in red text for ease of viewing.
- Also included is total points and points behind leader for subsequent teams. Hopefully, we'll see one of SCS member's team feature in this analysis in the not too distant future.

- 3 new teams appeared in the top 20 and I don't know what trades they may have made since the last update
- Of the remaining 17 teams I've also included what their respective trades probably were since the last post on this topic

1563171351131.png
1563171399937.png
1563171603615.png

AFL Club
Essendon
Great stuff Tails, its appreciated!

Man some of these top teams should know that F7's, M9's and D7's are a waste unless you have a close to perfect team and a lot of trades spare. Never seen a situation where it works or helps the team barring getting one for the last few games. You can also just end up wasting a trade on a player who is not "elite" who ends up covering the wrong position.

In theory if you have a lot of short term injuries the guy can pop up and give decent scores, but I feel you'll get more improving the weaker parts of your team providing you have "decent cover", the cover player is not usually as good as someone you can trade in for the injured player either, so the trade can disadvantage you that way as well.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How are you getting all this info??
No real rocket science behind it - just looking up the top 20 teams on the SC website.

- However ... now that I've been watching them for two weeks (approx 27 teams) I can see what the various changes for each of those teams probably were from the previous week.

- It really doesn't take me that long then ... more a curiosity and learning exercise for future years ...

AFL Club
St Kilda
Great thread, Tails.

Bit surprised at how flawed all these are. No one has the perfect team. Hard to pick the winner from here. If there's someone in the top 50 with all the right main players (including Gawn who has surprisingly become almost PODish at the very top) and the trades to get Whitfield and cover carnage, they have a chance to run this lot down.

EDIT: @crippa39 my money's on DAMOnation, if they've got 3+ trades left. Which one's yours?

AFL Club
Collingwood
This thread is brilliant. Fascinating to see how teams are stacking up towards the end. Don’t see much real cover with those sides.

Currently ranked 41st overall. Very interesting to note that JKelly will be a big POD for me when he returns as will Pendles. Gawn a surprise with only 11/20 ownership becoming a POD which is sweet.

AFL Club
West Coast
This thread is brilliant. Fascinating to see how teams are stacking up towards the end. Don’t see much real cover with those sides.

Currently ranked 41st overall. Very interesting to note that JKelly will be a big POD for me when he returns as will Pendles. Gawn a surprise with only 11/20 ownership becoming a POD which is sweet.
How many trades do you have left mate

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Part 3: After the team selections tonight here is my update (excluding last weeks trades):

Notes:
- Most have cover for the Fyfe out and a possible Bont late out ..

- 2nd placed team needs one of Bont or Baker (O) to play to avoid a donut prior to any trades
- 15th placed team needs to trade to avoid a donut this week

1563445737673.png

1563445157509.png
1563445188067.png

Last edited: