Competitions Tour de France Fantasy 2023 - STAGE 21 - 115.5 KM - FLAT - Sun 23rd 11.59pm AEST

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Never thought this stage would be won by the GC guys.
It was highly likely either Pogacar or Vingegaard won today I thought, as the other GC riders have already shown to be that step below. Pogacar had to attack all out today - if he's not within a handful of seconds of the lead before the TT, he's not winning overall, and the only chances to get time are today and tomorrow. He'll be attacking every single climb, which is why either Pogacar or Vingegaard will win the climbers jersey and my trade in of Geschke may not have been the smartest in hindsight (I was hoping he might have scored a few more points today than he did, and I didn't realise I had quite so many credits left over).

Even though there's plenty of KOM points available tomorrow, Geschke will need to rely on getting a huge lead in a sizeable breakaway tomorrow in the 60Km or so before the first climb, and that lead will probably need to be 15+ minutes - they'll still get caught on one of the first two climbs. I can't see any break staying away to the line tomorrow, almost certainly one of the two main GC riders will win the stage again.

AFL Club
Gold Coast
It was highly likely either Pogacar or Vingegaard won today I thought, as the other GC riders have already shown to be that step below. Pogacar had to attack all out today - if he's not within a handful of seconds of the lead before the TT, he's not winning overall, and the only chances to get time are today and tomorrow. He'll be attacking every single climb, which is why either Pogacar or Vingegaard will win the climbers jersey and my trade in of Geschke may not have been the smartest in hindsight (I was hoping he might have scored a few more points today than he did, and I didn't realise I had quite so many credits left over).

Even though there's plenty of KOM points available tomorrow, Geschke will need to rely on getting a huge lead in a sizeable breakaway tomorrow in the 60Km or so before the first climb, and that lead will probably need to be 15+ minutes - they'll still get caught on one of the first two climbs. I can't see any break staying away to the line tomorrow, almost certainly one of the two main GC riders will win the stage again.
Agreed. They are just far superior. Mcnulty will need to back up somehow or it could be Jonas night and basically lock up the yellow if he hasnt already

AFL Club
Melbourne

I didn't think their decimated teams could keep a break in check. UAE were unbelievable last night.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very similar teams at the top yesterday, the top 3 teams had 7 out of 8 riders the same. Can't see much change happening in overall ranks based on that.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not enough cows there in that Troll DJ segment. Figured they would be a bit light on this year.

Pretty bad crash from Bauer earlier, could see it coming in advance, as soon as I saw the cars brake lights where the road narrowed, I knew it was coming. He was a bit lucky that wasn't worse.

Think Geschke is stuffed in terms of the polka dot jersey, going to need a lot of luck from here.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Ok so i got a late call up to work a shift tonight. Didn't get a chance to switch the captains pick from WVA.
But if VWA can get up ill be happy 😂😂
Hopefully they don’t burn him out!

AFL Club
Sydney
I tell you what, I really enjoyed waking up at 6am with my 1 year old. Getting her bottle ready and settling in for a 52min replay courtesy of the fantastic SBS coverage on my phone, nice and quiet so not to wake the rest of the house.

I really enjoyed the strategy deployed by UAE, and couldn't believe that McNulty was backing up his efforts the day before with an incredible ride, was a great effort to see Pogacar try to pull away on the way up to HOLD ON THAT'S NOT HAUTACAM THAT IS YESTERDAY'S FINISH ***