Discussion Travel & Accommodation Discussion

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Just wondering if anyone has recently been overseas in particular Singapore recently.

Eager to know if my foxtel go on my ipad would still work or would it be blocked?

Also I assume if that does not work I assume I could get an AFL Live pass?

MovingUpward

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Just wondering if anyone has recently been overseas in particular Singapore recently.

Eager to know if my foxtel go on my ipad would still work or would it be blocked?

Also I assume if that does not work I assume I could get an AFL Live pass?
Hey mate...

I was in Japan in late 2012 and wasn't sure if I would be back for start of last year's season and found the AFL were introducing an international streaming service in 2013. Check-out: afltv.afl.com.au. Not sure of costs etc or whether foxtel would work (but I suspect it would be blocked)...

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Hey mate...

I was in Japan in late 2012 and wasn't sure if I would be back for start of last year's season and found the AFL were introducing an international streaming service in 2013. Check-out: afltv.afl.com.au. Not sure of costs etc or whether foxtel would work (but I suspect it would be blocked)...
Yeah I assume that which is a shame and unfair because I pay for the foxtel even if i'm living o/s for a short while. Thanks for that.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Wow is that afltv site free to view overseas?!
I'm going to Japan from about Round 4 til the end and was worried I couldn't watch it anywhere!

AFL Club
Carlton
I'm going to Japan from about Round 4 til the end and was worried I couldn't watch it anywhere!
Save yourself the stress. It is better off you don't see your team in 2014.
Watching it, will only end in tears...lol

MovingUpward

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Save yourself the stress. It is better off you don't see your team in 2014.
Watching it, will only end in tears...lol
Don't listen to him Bomber (damn that's one FINE name you have there!!!!). Oz has just got all bitter, twisted and "frustrated" (see his tagline for proof) in his old age. It's a proven fact that barracking for Carlton has a tendency to do that to the one or two people who haven't switched their allegiance from the Blues yet... :p

Pretty sure it's a paid subscriptions service, but when I was looking at it at you could weekly, monthly, annual subscriptions etc... Hope you have a great time in Japan. If you haven't been before, you'll love it...

AFL Club
Carlton
Don't listen to him Bomber (damn that's one FINE name you have there!!!!). Oz has just got all bitter, twisted and "frustrated" (see his tagline for proof) in his old age. It's a proven fact that barracking for Carlton has a tendency to do that to the one or two people who haven't switched their allegiance from the Blues yet... :p
rofl.... "frustration" only ever been added since Malthouse was appointed coach...
I'm still dealing with it, but making progress in my therapy sessions accepting reality he is coach.

No allegiance ever going to be switched but if family videos of me as a little kid were seen with North Melbourne jumper on, please realize it was forced onto me by an older sibling...lol

Last edited:

Bobbie

Best and Fairest
AFL Club
Bulldogs
Travel & Accommodation

Can anyone recommend accommodation in the Surfers/Broadbeach area. Need a 2 bedroom apartment with good facilities for young kids. Cheers.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Thailand - Places to see??

Hey fellas, i know there's some very travelled members on here so was just after some recommendations. Going there mid Feb :D

Phuket for a few days, Koh Samui for a couple.

So far i have booked, Tree Tops www.lawana-chaweng.anantara.com/tree-tops/ in Koh Samui and waiting to hear back on Le Versace http://www.leversace.com/restaurant/ in Patong.

Interested in activities, sight seeing, the usual. Cheers fellas.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Idig

As a family we went last July and spent 2 weeks in Phuket.

My Family loved Flying Hanuman, zip lining through the jungle. Their only regret was not doing the longer course.

If you are interested in meeting a tiger, we went to Tiger Kingdom and met the small and medium tigers. The medium tigers were almost the same size as the large but more active. It opens at 9.00 and I suggest being there when it opens as the tigers are the most active and awake.

We hired a mini bus for the day which cost $60 (seated 8 people) which took us anywhere we wanted as well as offering suggestions. Kot (who spoke excellent english) picked us up at 8.30, took us straight to the tigers (he waits outside), cashew farm, temples, big buddah, restaurant for lunch, elephant trek, general look around the island and back to our hotel by 4.00. Will let you know his number when I get home.

The best market is Sat and Sun evening 5.00 - 10.00 in old phuket town, you will have to get taxi there from Patong.

Hope you have a great time, any other questions ask away.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Awesome, thanks Stephen! That's exactly what i was after.

We were planning to do the zip lining (after we saw it on keeping up with the kardasians lol) so that's something we'll definitely do. And will definitely contact the driver although we don't need a bus as its only me and the misses.

What was your favourite thing outside of the zip lining?

AFL Club
Melbourne
We also did two boat tours, one to Koh Phi Phi and the other was the Phang Nga Bay tour. Snorkelling on the first tour, but we enjoyed the Phang Nang tour which included visiting a floating fishing village where we had lunch lunch. All day tour, we got picked up at 6.30am and back to our hotel about 5.30. We went with Phuket Sail Tours (owned by an Australian with the name of Captain Mark Pendlebury) !!!!. Boat takes up to 20 people, well looked after, lunch, fresh fruit and soft drink and water supplied. Keep a banana in your bag to hand feed the fish, amazing. About $100 pp.

Fairly sure Kot also has access to a smaller taxi.

AFL Club
Melbourne
We loved the tigers, an amazing experience being able to lay on a tiger and have your photo taken. We came back with all limbs attached. Alot of people say that the tigers are drugged, in our opinion we didn't think so. An amazing well run, modern and clean facility. We only visited one size tiger. I would pay for two and do the babies and the medium size tigers.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't think we're gonna do the tigers, we did it in bali in the zoo there and that was just a cub but for me that was enough haha. The thought of laying on/near/without a fence between us and a full size tiger is enough to take year or two off my life as it is...don't think i'll enjoy it tbh as amazing as it seems. Maybe if i see ppl doing it there, that might sway me.

The Phang Nga Bay tour looks awesome. Showed my misses and she's already getting excited lol

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Off to Hawaii in June, any suggestions? Planning to stay on Oahu and Maui.

Maui in particular i'd be really keen on some recommendations on whether West or South of the island would be better.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Off to Hawaii in June, any suggestions? Planning to stay on Oahu and Maui.

Maui in particular i'd be really keen on some recommendations on whether West or South of the island would be better.
I haven't been myself but my sister-in-law's family visited Hawaii on their way to the USA last year...they traversed Kauai, Oahu & Maui islands!

At Kauai, they stayed at the Aston Aloha Beach Hotel and did the Kauai sightseeing and Twilight volcano Adventure tours...a couple of pictures below.

Kauai Island 1.jpg

Kauai Island 3.jpg

Whilst on Oahu, they stayed at the Moana Surfrider Resort & Spa (Waikiki) and did the Paradise Cove Luau and spent a lot of time at Diamond Head beach.

Paradise-Cove-Luau.jpg

Diamond Heaf.jpg

Last edited:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Whilst on Maui island, they stayed at the Honua Kai Resort & Spa (West side I think). They did the Old lahaina Luau and again a lot of time at the surrounding beaches.

Resort in Maui.jpg

luau-11.jpg

Maui 1.jpg

Maui 2.jpg

AFL Club
Essendon
My mates and I are going to Apollo Bay for a few days later this week. Any advice on places to visit, things to do etc.? How's the food and prices?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi All

Thinking of heading to the Philippines in November namely Cebu , Bohol and Siquijor.

Anyone been their before and have any advice/tips?

Accommodation , sightseeing tours , transport seems a lot more expensive than Thailand , Cambodia for instance.

Cheers