TV/Series Discussion - Spoiler Central (Warning: lots of Australian Survivor spoilers, avoid if you are not up to date)

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a blunder sending David in first. I was screaming "it's in the popcorn machine" from the start haha. Thought it'd be a clue though and not the actual idol lol.
As you say, cannot believe they near on forced him to go first. Secondly, why was the idol in the most obvious of places.
Anyway, I gotta respect the game Dave plays, he's about 3 steps ahead of most.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Throwing the challenge. Let's hope it doesn't backfire on the old champions.

Harry Vs Janine time.

Both with idols. Should be interesting if they negate each other.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Could we see 4 idols being played over 2 consecutive episodes...woweee...lol

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Throwing the challenge. Let's hope it doesn't backfire on the old champions.

Harry Vs Janine time.

Both with idols. Should be interesting if they negate each other.
I’m a bit surprised they told David and Luke ... what if both sides start tanking?!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
I'm surprised they didn't aired any footage of the others suspecting or searching for idols...surely it should've raised suspicion when the rest walked in and saw the popcorn all over the ground.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm surprised they didn't aired any footage of the others suspecting or searching for idols...surely it should've raised suspicion when the rest walked in and saw the popcorn all over the ground.
The way I read it they were all looking except for maybe Daisy ... Andy and Luke barely seemed to be able to look up to see the video at various points!

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The way I read it they were all looking except for maybe Daisy ... Andy and Luke barely seemed to be able to look up to see the video at various points!
Andy's running commentary whilst searching around for an idol while his daughters and wife were talking in the video message was absolutely hilarious. He had no interest in the video hahaha.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a blunder sending David in first. I was screaming "it's in the popcorn machine" from the start haha. Thought it'd be a clue though and not the actual idol lol.
That was an incredibly stupid choice to have David go first. I get the feeling he will probably waste the idol anyway / get blindsided and not play it, but you don't give the person you are most wanting to get rid of that sort of advantage. Crazy decision.

I think the merge probably happens after this next episode (at 13). I could see both tribes try to throw the next immunity challenge, as both tribes have players they want to get rid of pre-merge which would be entertaining. Doesn't look like it happens though based on the preview, and there may be a medevac instead. Did anyone catch who got injured - looked like it was possibly one of the Champions?

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That was an incredibly stupid choice to have David go first. I get the feeling he will probably waste the idol anyway / get blindsided and not play it, but you don't give the person you are most wanting to get rid of that sort of advantage. Crazy decision.

I think the merge probably happens after this next episode (at 13). I could see both tribes try to throw the next immunity challenge, as both tribes have players they want to get rid of pre-merge which would be entertaining. Doesn't look like it happens though based on the preview, and there may be a medevac instead. Did anyone catch who got injured - looked like it was possibly one of the Champions?
Sounds about right, he'll probably be voted out pre-merge if he doesn't use it.

2016 - Merge was at 13
2017 - Merge was at 12
2018 - Merge was at 12
2019 - could be at 12 again if they're following the last 2 years but not enough data to be entirely sure so could be 13 like you suggested.

As for the injured person, will have to rewatch to preview again or go on Instagram to check.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Before Tribal Swap
Original Contenders count: 11
Original Champions count: 7

After last night
Original Contenders count: 7
Original Champions count: 7

With a 5-2 split on both sides.

Seems like an old Champion is going to take out the title if it continues this way.

So whichever tribe throws the next challenge will have the numbers at merge. (Assuming it's at 13)

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did anyone catch who got injured - looked like it was possibly one of the Champions?
Just rewatched the preview for Sunday. It actually looked like it was someone on the contenders tribe. I'm gonna throw out a completely wild/random/out of the blue guess and say it could be Matt (don't qoute me on it, am probably wrong) maybe due to sheer desperation that he needs to win the challenge as as he is on the chopping block along with Harry. Also he normally goes hard at every challenge and puts his body on the line which could be a reason for someone to get injured. Really hope the person who is injured doesnt get medivac'd as that's the absolute worst way to go on Survivor.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sounds about right, he'll probably be voted out pre-merge if he doesn't use it.

2016 - Merge was at 13
2017 - Merge was at 12
2018 - Merge was at 12
2019 - could be at 12 again if they're following the last 2 years but not enough data to be entirely sure so could be 13 like you suggested.

As for the injured person, will have to rewatch to preview again or go on Instagram to check.
Thanks. I thought it was usually at 13, but it'll probably be at 12 based on that.

AFL Club
West Coast
I find it very strange that Matt wound up voting for Harry in the end...

If 3 votes went to Harry and 2 to Casey, then he and Casey and Harry could've teamed up to eliminate any of the old champions... yes he would still be in the minority but after the merge it's potentially heading that way anyway

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I find it very strange that Matt wound up voting for Harry in the end...

If 3 votes went to Harry and 2 to Casey, then he and Casey and Harry could've teamed up to eliminate any of the old champions... yes he would still be in the minority but after the merge it's potentially heading that way anyway
Yeah quite strange indeed, Harry even told Matt about the idol too... so really he knew about the idol which meant he knew he wasted his vote. Or probably just did it to get in the good books with the old champions.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just watched Casey's exit interview on Facebook. She said was never going to vote with Harry and Matt as she had problems with them while before the tribal swap. She was more aligned with Andy, Sarah and Hannah aka the CASH alliance who all ended up on the wrong side of the swap.

She said she wanted to work with the old champions as soon as she saw she was on the wrong side of the numbers. She wanted to stay close to Harry because she was trying to convince him to play the idol for her but to no avail.

If anyone wanted to know why Casey called Abbey's name. Apparently minutes before tribal, Abbey pulled Casey aside off-camera and told Casey that if Harry pulled out an idol, Janine would play it to save Casey. But after Casey's answers from tribal, Janine had changed her mind last minute.

She also mentioned she had never watched survivor when she auditioned and she was originally on stand- by in case someone pulled out last minute. Three weeks before shooting someone did pull out so she accepted and said she watched a few episodes during that time to see what she was getting herself into.

These Facebook live videos are pretty resourceful.

Last edited: