Discussion Wrestling Discussion

vin.gill

250 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
Not sure if many here still follow the WWE ... nonetheless the Royal Rumble is one of their most popular events of the year.

Favourites: Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Rusev

Outside Chance: Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Kane

Surprise Entrants: Sting? CM Punk?

Thoughts?

MovingUpward

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Wow, blast from the past there Vin. Haven't watched it in years but Royal Rumble used to be a favourite.

One of first WWF matches I ever watched was a Royal Rumble back in the late 80's early 90's with Hogan, Andre the Giant, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase (?sp), Jake the Snake Roberts, Macho Man, Mr. Perfect... Ah good times. Think most of them be dead by now - lol. Might have to get on You Tube and relive some of the good 'ol days...

Dolph Ziggler,

Thoughts?
Any relation to Dirk Diggler by any chance? :eek:

AFL Club
Carlton
Do not follow but occassionally catch a few minutes of some Wresting show on Channel One. Some of it is pretty funny but usually do not watch more than 10 or 15 minutes. I do remember as a kid watching Killer Bees on tv....lol..
But rarely followed much in last two decades...;) Unless you call watching Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler" as checking it out.
Actually he had a fight recently.

vin.gill

250 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
Wow, blast from the past there Vin. Haven't watched it in years but Royal Rumble used to be a favourite.

One of first WWF matches I ever watched was a Royal Rumble back in the late 80's early 90's with Hogan, Andre the Giant, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase (?sp), Jake the Snake Roberts, Macho Man, Mr. Perfect... Ah good times. Think most of them be dead by now - lol. Might have to get on You Tube and relive some of the good 'ol days...

Any relation to Dirk Diggler by any chance? :eek:

sadly yes, a few of them are dead now, Macho Man recently

will post my review here on Monday after the pay-per-view

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wrestling just has some special moments nothing else can bring hey
Hear, Hear.

Disappointed not to have taken interest/much notice of the Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression Era as I've only seen bits and pieces from Fox over the last half of the last decade but the crowd reactions are wonderful and amusing, regarding returning/retired stars making a cameo or lengthy reappearance.

Do you have a favourite wrestler/team/faction?

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
Hear, Hear.

Disappointed not to have taken interest/much notice of the Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression Era as I've only seen bits and pieces from Fox over the last half of the last decade but the crowd reactions are wonderful and amusing regarding returning/retired stars making a cameo or lengthy reappearance.

Do you have a favourite wrestler/team/faction?
I was too young to fully get into the whole Attitude and Ruthless Aggression Eras as well, but a few years ago I actually went back and watched all the raws/smackdowns/pay-per-views of those eras in chronological order which was a great experience. I also watched all the old WCW and ECW stuff along with it too. It was great to get a grasp of the whole WWE vs WCW Monday Night War thing especially.

As for favourite wrestler, I'd have to go Shawn Michaels. Just a great in-ring performer. What about you?

Also in response to that tweet, here are a couple of my favourite 'pops' I've seen over the years:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was too young to fully get into the whole Attitude and Ruthless Aggression Eras as well, but a few years ago I actually went back and watched all the raws/smackdowns/pay-per-views of those eras in chronological order which was a great experience. I also watched all the old WCW and ECW stuff along with it too. It was great to get a grasp of the whole WWE vs WCW Monday Night War thing especially.

As for favourite wrestler, I'd have to go Shawn Michaels. Just a great in-ring performer. What about you?

Also in response to that tweet, here are a couple of my favourite 'pops' I've seen over the years:

Hornswoggle-;)

AFL Club
Essendon
Who are the other 5 as I know Hornswoggle, Tommy Dreamer, Billy Gunn and Jack Swagger?
MVP top middle, Matt Cross top right, Colt Cabana bottom right. I actually can't remember the name on the bloke in the middle. And I can't remember the name of the guy on the left either but I'm pretty sure it's Dolph Ziggler's brother.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Assuming that was via the WWE Network?

Favourite tag team would have to be the Dudley Boyz-

As for a favourite wrestler I don't have one but most of my favourite current/retired wrestlers are largely gimmick/shtick based, which include in no particular order:
Rusev, Bray Wyatt, Big Show, Braun Strowman, AJ Styles, Randy Orton, The Undertaker, Kane, R Truth, The Miz, Sting and Chris Jericho.

AFL Club
Essendon
Assuming that was via the WWE Network?

Favourite tag team would have to be the Dudley Boyz-

As for a favourite wrestler I don't have one but most of my favourite current/retired wrestlers are largely gimmick/shtick based, which include in no particular order:
Rusev, Bray Wyatt, Big Show, Braun Strowman, AJ Styles, Randy Orton, The Undertaker, Kane, R Truth, The Miz, Sting and Chris Jericho.
For a fair while until, rightly or wrongly, I found a good torrent site :ROFLMAO:

That's a good list of favourites!