Competitions 2021: SuperCoach Racing Classic - Rnd 8 Tables Updated.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Last edited:
AFL Club
GWS Giants
AFL Club
Sydney
Sitting just inside the top 500, so have decided to take a few whose odds have shortened to have more races with stable reps in them.
Bivouac (C)
Arcadia Queen
Pondus
Libertini
Vanna Girl
Chaillot
Right You Are (was my nanny's favourite expression!)
Skyward
Almania
Shelby Cobra
J Kah
Deep Speed (E)

Thank you for organising such a cool comp @Rowsus - very best of luck to you and all the rest today.

Off to golf

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh my, I didn’t realise this was the last round. Thank you SC Racing for filling the void between AFL and BBL!
I was surprised from the start, that they didn't include Sandown next week.
Sandown always feels like a bit of a let down, or consolation prize, after Flemington, but it does have 2 x Gp2's + 4 x Gp3's.
I guess the lack of Gp1's is what decided it. After Sandown next week, you are back to 1 x Gp3 if you are lucky, so no use playing after next week, but I reckon they could have squeezed next week in.

AFL Club
Carlton
Sandown always feels like a bit of a let down, or consolation prize, after Flemington, but it does have 2 x Gp2's + 4 x Gp3's.
I guess the lack of Gp1's is what decided it. After Sandown next week, you are back to 1 x Gp3 if you are lucky, so no use playing after next week, but I reckon they could have squeezed next week in.
Given supercoach rerates some of the races surely they could rate say the sandown classic as a G1

AFL Club
Brisbane
The major prize for a few weeks of meets seems very good.
Do they do this for Autumn as well?

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
My team:
Bivuoac - Gp1
Melody Belle (C) - Gp1
Mugatoo - Gp1
Libertini - Gp1
Le Don De Vie - Gp3
In Good Health - Gp2
Riddle Me That - Gp3
She's Ideel - Gp2
Deep Speed - LR
Shelby Cobra - LR
Torbreck (E) - LR
H Bowman

The last spot became a heavy toss up between Bivuoac and Nature Strip (+ a non-racing E).
Nature Strip will be a decent POD today, I'm pretty sure, and that's just the sort of thing I need, given Bivuoac will be very popular. If they let NS run the first 600m in around 35 seconds, they probably won't get past him, he'll win. If they push him, and make him go a bit faster, the good ones will get by him. Come on Fabergino, attack NS from the start!!!!
No AQ, who will be a popular C pick, along with Bivuoac. I needed a separation, and while quite a few will have MB, I'm not sure many will have her C. I'm a bit worried about the Jockey change on AQ. I'm also a bit concerned about her running out a genuine 2000m at Flem. Her win at Caulfield doesn't really count as a genuine 2000m, as they ran the first part so slow, it was more like an 1800m race!
I wanted Pondus and LDDV, but could only have one. Again, I think most will go Pondus, due it shortening so much. The Geelong Cup form is usually streets ahead of the Bendigo Cup form, so wanting a slightly more POD'ish LDDV was something I was happy with.
As with everyone, a few compromised picks after that, but I think they'll all be semi popular.

Still tossing up whether I need the extra POD of NS over Biv!!!