Position 2022: Midfield Discussion

Which premium mids are you currently starting?

• Total voters
AFL Club
Sydney
Depends if your "finished" side includes those who haven't lived up to expectation ie Butters atm.
If they come good, then all is well, but if they don't and you need to include them in your trade plans that could slow the path to completion.
Well for example, and my side is not near the top teams, I've got Butters/Martin as a F7/M9 after I complete my final 4 upgrades over the next 3 or so weeks. The question is whether I can get the final midfield upgrade without having to cash them or wait a week extra.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Has this been the highest averaging season (so far) for mids ?

Bont is currently sitting 20th on average and he is averaging 108.4

Hewett currently 10th with with 117.3

Crazy

AFL Club
Sydney
For what it's worth, agree with the consensus that Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Oliver, Petracca, Miller, Steele are the 7 that we should target. My tilt is towards Walsh for M8, but I can see Brayshaw or Parish also being fine. Will depend on what happens.

Idealy scenario, I'll have Whitfield/Hewett floating D7 and M9 during the back half. Before you all jump down my throat to say Hewett is averaging 117 - fair enough, but I think is H2 will be a bit softer - my plan was always to trade him out around Bye time, but the injury has hurt that a bit.

Going to be very patient in fillinf the Fwd line with superstars, in the event that we're gifted a Bont/Danger/Bailey Smith type or 2. Brodie/Cogs doing fine. Forwards actually look really ugly this year, total opposite of everyone's thinking. Might even look at Butters as a contrarian trade-in in a few weeks, when everyone is turfing him - if it looks like he gets more mid time. Ditto for Heeney, if he moves out of that stinking role he's in.