Opinion 2022: Player X v Player Y

AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for the reply, Hall already almost 4000 have traded in this week, taking him up around 6% owned still makes him a pod, I'm really torn on this one, have 5 trades left if I do 2 this week, don't need anymore injuries and Hall has already missed half the season.
If I now had 7 trades, I would definately choose Hall for his higher ceiling, if I was low on trades, I would play safe and choose Baker.

AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks for the reply, Hall already almost 4000 have traded in this week, taking him up around 6% owned still makes him a pod, I'm really torn on this one, have 5 trades left if I do 2 this week, don't need anymore injuries and Hall has already missed half the season.
If you'll have 5 trades left after using 2 this week, I would 100% say Hall. Yeah he might get injured but he also might not.. he did pretty well last year and you'll be a better spot than most if he does go down. It's not unreasonable to think Hall is a top 1-3 defender in the last 8 rounds and you're getting him for a genuine steal!
Since I'm in the X v Y now, Baker has looked good but he has become their Mr Fix It to a degree, his role will often change week by week depending on who is playing and who the tigers are playing. If he ends up getting moved forward his scoring will be toast.. so I guess it comes down to injury risk vs role risk.

My determining factor would be number of trades.. Hall + 4+ trades feels ok, Hall + 3 or less trades feels scary..

AFL Club
St Kilda
If you'll have 5 trades left after using 2 this week, I would 100% say Hall. Yeah he might get injured but he also might not.. he did pretty well last year and you'll be a better spot than most if he does go down. It's not unreasonable to think Hall is a top 1-3 defender in the last 8 rounds and you're getting him for a genuine steal!
Since I'm in the X v Y now, Baker has looked good but he has become their Mr Fix It to a degree, his role will often change week by week depending on who is playing and who the tigers are playing. If he ends up getting moved forward his scoring will be toast.. so I guess it comes down to injury risk vs role risk.

My determining factor would be number of trades.. Hall + 4+ trades feels ok, Hall + 3 or less trades feels scary..
Thanks Chumpion, appreciate the advice :)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Simply cannot decide who to turn Stewart into.
Moving Sinclair down back allows me to bring in another mid.

Walsh vs Steele
I probably prefer Walsh. More competition for points at the Bues maybe, but both are guns, won't go wrong with either. I just think he's in better form of the two, and not just coming back from injury like Steele.

AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for both your responses but I just realised I can trade in anyone bar my preferred player (Laird) :rolleyes:
Is Mills worth a look and how does he compare to Walsh?

AFL Club
Adelaide
Looking at a <$500k defender to replace Stewart.

Baker v HYoung v Lloyd v Whitfield

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking at a <$500k defender to replace Stewart.

Baker v HYoung v Lloyd v Whitfield
I get the feeling Lloyd top scores from here on of these 4. Not sure why, any of them could.
I started Hall.

From here on out:

Hall & 90k v Dawson
Dawson is the safer pick, for sure. The cash probably edges me to Hall, depends how strong your team is if you are likely to need that cash or not.

AFL Club
Adelaide
I get the feeling Lloyd top scores from here on of these 4. Not sure why, any of them could.
I wish I shared your optimism. Did something change in Lloyd's role last rd, or was it an outlier?
Of the 4 he has the best pedigree, but is that enough?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I wish I shared your optimism. Did something change in Lloyd's role last rd, or was it an outlier?
Of the 4 he has the best pedigree, but is that enough?
Only watched half the game (terrible match), I think it was possibly as much the Saints being rubbish as him having a good game. IF he can get 39 touches a game regularly it's an easy choice, he probably won't. Was just a gut call he would be the highest scorer of them. I'm sure others would have more logical reasoning here...

AFL Club
Carlton
Only watched half the game (terrible match), I think it was possibly as much the Saints being rubbish as him having a good game. IF he can get 39 touches a game regularly it's an easy choice, he probably won't. Was just a gut call he would be the highest scorer of them. I'm sure others would have more logical reasoning here...
I didn't watch the game but everything I have heard about it suggests it was not at all representative of how the Swans have played in the last season and a half - very surprised to see the amount of cheap possessions he got after the way this season has played out. I don't think I could go there with the options available but good luck to you if you do!