Strategy 2023: Rookies Discussion

AFL Club
Richmond
If Baker misses I agree with you. If not, then teams can have on their bench Phillips, Baker, Davey if they run Sturt and Greene up forward.

Anyway, we will know soon
Yeah, I have Baker, with Phillips and Hollands keeping him company, it's a lot of cash but better than having fwd rookies that don't perform as well. Sheezel at F6 and Davey with Greene on the pine. Sturt is a wait n see but would trump both of my fwd bench rookies.

Don't have Phillipou (yet) but there's contingencies to add him too.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
So Hollands and Cowan. Either worth a spot?

(Sorry to be this guy, but I've just started 2 new jobs that have taken up my pre-season, but in 2 weeks or so I'll have time to concentrate. I don't want to miss out on the season because of life. :)

Any advice will be incredibly well rewarded - somehow.
I have both with the E. Playing catch-up myself, but Hollands seems more appealing with Phillips and Mclean both named as AFL emergencies.

AFL Club
Geelong
I can't shake the feeling that Constable is going to get dropped before making much money.
Really wanting to go against the 58% ownership here and go with logic, that a turnover merchant won't last long in the back 6 best 22 at GC.
Problem is, I would realistically have to move him up to a Goater/Cole type costing extra money then have to hold strong while watching him score ok ''fantasy wise'' over the first couple of games and hold my nerve!

I know, I know. Very much a ME problem :LOL:

AFL Club
Collingwood
Whats an option to replace Phillips?
So ive put Baker in as hes named but id like a better pick if there is one

Also do we think Phillipou plays next round or should we scrap him until hes actually named and played a few?

AFL Club
Collingwood
I can't shake the feeling that Constable is going to get dropped before making much money.
Really wanting to go against the 58% ownership here and go with logic, that a turnover merchant won't last long in the back 6 best 22 at GC.
Problem is, I would realistically have to move him up to a Goater/Cole type costing extra money then have to hold strong while watching him score ok ''fantasy wise'' over the first couple of games and hold my nerve!

I know, I know. Very much a ME problem :LOL:
Is Cole a better option?
Otherwise is it possible to flick him to another line and grab a mid rookie?

Havent heard great things about Goater as of yet, apparently needs more time

AFL Club
Collingwood
Whats the thoughts on Long, $117k rookie, confirmed rd1 and dpp

But is he worth taking a chance on or is there better rookies?

As ive upgraded Cameron to Witts as i dont trust the ruck share between dees and freo, it has left me a little poor for my last rookie or so

AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Davey will surprise some this season, gut feel only.
I think the appeal with davey is you only often need to hold your rookies for 6 weeks or so, Essendon has an amazing draw for the first 6 weeks (other than melbourne). I could see Essendon winning a few games and being competitive through the 1st 6 weeks block. Playing as a small forward i think he can average 50-60 early which is all you need, then you trade him before the bombers tougher games where he could average 40.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I am very torn on callaghan v flanders, i'm not actually that sold on either, but if i play flanders i can field baker in the mids instead of Chandler up fwd. I looked at guys like ed langdon (who is considered an elite winger) and he only averaged 79. I think the wing role really limits callaghan to an average ceiling of 70, with 60-65 more realistic given he is a 19 y/o who has played 5 games, vs a seasoned veteran like Langdon can only average 79. I think if that average plays out then flanders can at least match him, and i think baker on the field in the midfield might not actually cost me many points compared to callaghan. Flanders on the field over chandler up fwd could potentially gain me 20 points per round.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Whats an option to replace Phillips?
So ive put Baker in as hes named but id like a better pick if there is one

Also do we think Phillipou plays next round or should we scrap him until hes actually named and played a few?
Phillips has to get time on the field at some point, just a slow burn but can still see him making money. North need to get rid of all the aging players, will get hammered everyweek and need to get games into the draftees from the past few seasons.

Goldstien not being selected is a message from the coach. Being brutal North have sucked for the past decade.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Find it odd in 2023 that people still worry about where players are named.
Like it's netball & you're only allowed in certain parts of the court
And key position forwards are unable to leave the forward fifty and present up the field as a marking option when exiting the D50 to reduce the SC reliance on goals scored or players not in a CBA are unable to attend a stoppage around the ground until the next goal is kicked.