Discussion 2024: AFL RDT Dream Team Discussion [SCS RDT Group code is 291973]

AFL Club
North Melb.
Burnt two trades before hearing the Gawn news.... :cautious:
At this stage I'm likely trading Gawn via Cameron to a fwd (own Grundy and Draper). Unfortunately, I have no DPP links with the mids.

Fwds are currently: Petracca, Whitfield, Greenwood, Martin and B. Smith.

Considering either Simpkin, Brayshaw or Walters (if named). Simpkin + 380k is appealing, although his scoring doesn't particularly entice me compared to SC and still has a bye to come. However the extra ~150k will help fund my next upgrade. Would love to hear some opinions!

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Burnt two trades before hearing the Gawn news.... :cautious:
At this stage I'm likely trading Gawn via Cameron to a fwd (own Grundy and Draper). Unfortunately, I have no DPP links with the mids.

Fwds are currently: Petracca, Whitfield, Greenwood, Martin and B. Smith.

Considering either Simpkin, Brayshaw or Walters (if named). Simpkin + 380k is appealing, although his scoring doesn't particularly entice me compared to SC and still has a bye to come. However the extra ~150k will help fund my next upgrade. Would love to hear some opinions!
That’s a very good lineup, well done.

Personally I’d go Simpkin, although I’m mindful that you likely follow him more closely than I do as a North fan. Had his best game since getting injured last round and still seems to be playing pure mid as I understand it?

The Freo boys are both decent options but Brayshaw is unproven, Walters doesn’t have much history in this format, and I’m not 100% sure what their mid setup will be going forward.

It may depend on your broader situation. Personally I am skeptical that SC will give us extra trades to get through the next set of byes given they already knew these were coming when they gave us the last batch. In DT I think it’s more likely because we’ve had fewer all along and people’s sides seem to be worse. If you took the same view, there’s an argument for getting the best scorer in even if they’re dearer or more likely to miss games. The reverse is obviously true as well.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Okay thats good news. Kept Gawn and Bennel.and traded Rivers. Again, winning
Gawn and Viney are both missing the next game. Gawn has a shoulder/last issue and something to do with his knee, Viney is due to concussion. Rivers also back and Bennell omitted.

AFL Club
North Melb.
1626 / Neale (C)

Rankine and Greenwood to come, although they will need to score higher than 47 to be included in my best 18.

Importantly, I am going to win my eliminator (is projected 1439) and progress through to the final 64!

AFL Club
Adelaide
Awesome!

They seem to be taking their time hitting F9 tonight, I went from 1898 to 1713 back to 1898!
Scores going all over the shop! Not sure if ranks are right and the only the Scores are wrong. I know my actual score is 1615 but has me as 1784 (assuming that is my score with 22)

I hope ranks are right as I am up to 38 from 90😁

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Scores going all over the shop! Not sure if ranks are right and the only the Scores are wrong. I know my actual score is 1615 but has me as 1784 (assuming that is my score with 22)

I hope ranks are right as I am up to 38 from 90😁
Hehe - it’s saying I finished 4th for the week, so I’m happy to lock it in as well 🙂

AFL Club
North Melb.
Snuck up to 32nd overall, 150 off top 10 :D

Up against 43rd in the eliminator, and analysed the current X and Y's (he is in red):

Def: Laird, Stewart, Houston v Crisp, McKay, Starcevich
Mid: Coniglio, Shuey, Serong, Bennell v Adams, Anderson, Simpson
Ruck: Cameron v Goldstein
Fwd: Simpkin, Smith v Brayshaw, Aarts, Rankine

Unless he has a banked a lot of cash, I believe I am marginly in front... the ruck battle is scary however.

Devastatingly, I am $400 short from completing the ideal Bennell > Taranto / T. Brown > Bytel trades... back to the drawing board!