Strategy 2024: Round 13 Trades

AFL Club
Essendon
ldu or gulden? not going the max price post bye premiums because i need to save some cash for ryan next week

AFL Club
St Kilda
What are people's plans for Sexton and McKercher?

I see some talk about getting Dawson to facilitate switching with Sexton which suggests a long term hold (or at least past his bye to see how he goes with Powell in the team). Anybody planning on trading him at his bye?

Last report I saw on McKercher seemed very hazy on a timeline to return and it could be many weeks before we have a firm timeline. He would be great D7/M9 cover for me as I will be lucky to have 4 trades left after final upgrade but his money would be very useful now. Anbody trading him this week or next?

AFL Club
St Kilda
ldu or gulden? not going the max price post bye premiums because i need to save some cash for ryan next week
I'm going LDU - bit of a punt but Gulden's numbers are down on last year and LDU has a decent run including during the SC finals. TBH I would go up to one of the Brisbane boys for the extra $30k but I'm targeting on of them next round for Oliver and played the BE game.

AFL Club
Essendon

I see some talk about getting Dawson to facilitate switching with Sexton which suggests a long term hold (or at least past his bye to see how he goes with Powell in the team). Anybody planning on trading him at his bye?

Last report I saw on McKercher seemed very hazy on a timeline to return and it could be many weeks before we have a firm timeline. He would be great D7/M9 cover for me as I will be lucky to have 4 trades left after final upgrade but his money would be very useful now. Anbody trading him this week or next?
My plan all along was to trade Sexton once Powell was back from suspension - open to that changing depending how things go but that's the thinking so far.

AFL Club
Richmond
So tempted by LDU over Neale -- can anyone trading in LDU who has been watching him closely/ North supporters pinpoint the recent turnaround? That first 5 round average of 94 is a little scary.

AFL Club
Essendon

Original plan was to hold McKercher and trade Sexton but the news from North this week on McKercher's injury doesn't sound great.

Will consider cashing him in potentially next week if there is no positive updates and planning on Sexton to Rankine once Powell and Rankine are back.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looking for advice on which is the best option - noting I'm only able to field 19 players currently and my midfield is fully upgraded...

1. Luke Jackson to Zorko - gives me another premo on field, 20 in total
2. R. Garcia to Zorko - (I've got 2 hours to decide :eek:) - saves Jackson as F5/6 or whatever he end up being as well as Zorko. Leaves me still with 19 on field
3. H. Garcia to ??? - can't afford Zorko if I go this route - $561,600k ITB - plenty of options but feel like it's out of Salem, Ridley, or D. Moore up forward and not much else...this option gives me 20 on field

AFL Club
Fremantle
Looking for advice on which is the best option - noting I'm only able to field 19 players currently and my midfield is fully upgraded...

1. Luke Jackson to Zorko - gives me another premo on field, 20 in total
2. R. Garcia to Zorko - (I've got 2 hours to decide :eek:) - saves Jackson as F5/6 or whatever he end up being as well as Zorko. Leaves me still with 19 on field
3. H. Garcia to ??? - can't afford Zorko if I go this route - $561,600k ITB - plenty of options but feel like it's out of Salem, Ridley, or D. Moore up forward and not much else...this option gives me 20 on field
H Garcia to D Moore.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Most likely

Graham - > W Dawson
Wilson - > McKay
Clohesy - > McKercher (or Ridley)
Leaves me :-

Ridley , DAICOS , SHEEZEL , HOUSTON , Stewart , Crisp / W Dawson , Z REID

HEENEY , BONT , Butters , Walsh , STEELE , Green , ROZEE , Oliver / Sullivan , Rogers , CLARK

ENGLISH , D Cameron / LIVINGSTONE

Flanders , JACKSON , McKay , Curnow , J Cameron , Fisher , / Comben , H Garcia

$ 45,300.00 in the Bank , 9 trades left

BOLD remain from my starting team , started Fisher then traded him out and back in

Have traded D Cameron in , out and back in

1 down will get Comben to a premium mid and team complete

Was hoping of sliding Rozee to M9 but can't see that happening

Was looking ok (for me) after Round 6 but then stepped into the Grand Canyon and it all fell apart

Used to many trades along the way going nowhere and not generating enough cash , needed to hold cash cows longer

Need to go back and look at my trades and work out why it has all gone so wrong again

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Clohesy -> Gulden
Or
McKercher -> LDU

Only got 20 on field this week if McKercher staying in over Clohesy.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Trades done….
last minute switch from Moore onto the Fisher train….
plays an extra game compared to Moore and should score similar week to week..
Clohesy,Darcy and Reid out for Neale, Fisher and Dawson …
only 19 playing this week but sets me up for a much better round 14 now….

AFL Club
Geelong
Who to trade out to bring in W. Dawson: Zach Reid or Rogers/H.Garcia?

Also have Pink on Def bench so not great cover if a defender is ever out for a week.
Trade the dead back rookie in Reid and create the swing, youll need it at some point with next to no bench cover.

Everyone with 2 of Hore/Coffield/Reid/Pink/Phillips should be doing that IMHO.