Discussion BBL|09 SuperCoach BBL In Game Discussion

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Dropped 3 places to finish the year ranked 82.

Stoked with that result as it beat my previous best of 94.

Finished 792 points behind first. I could have scored 1087 more points if I picked the highest scoring player in my team as captain each week so wasn’t far off. The winner would have won by more if he did the same but part of me feels that the little things, like only having my best player as captain on 3/17 occasions, are what separates us mere plebs from the royalty!

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Finished 433 with NCN C was enough to lift me from 100th to 93rd. Absolutely stoked with that. However probably even more proud of my 8th in the SCS group. Probably the first genuinely good result in a fantasy comp I have had whilst being part of this great site.

Special thanks to the great man @THCLT who offered me some fantastic advice when my season was heading south after round 6 and the toys were squarely out of the cot. However I can’t ignore that I had a healthy dose of good fortune during that time which saw me improve from 2433 after round 6 to this pleasing result. I may post more details on this because it is a salient lesson for all those frustrated BBL SCers out there.
I was ready to do the same after round 2 when I was ranked at 11,595, season was shot then but kept plugging away to get to 589. Next year, next year.
16,051th after round 2, when I had an absolute mare. 2532th after round 6, after another mare. So, our paths were very similar. I also had another mare in round 11. However, the good obviously outweighed the bad in the end, though I didn't have a very good round 15 and 16. To be honest the doubles competition probably keep me going in not wanting to let my partner down, so plugged away trying to set my team up to capitalize on the DGWs and increase team value to get the better players in. Had Stoinis, sold him for his monster score, and got him back in the next round for a dud score, however got other good POD scores such as Salt and Cartwright along the way. Swings and roundabouts.

AFL Club
West Coast
Surely as a member paying your hard earned you would like to have the opportunity of watching your team play a final on its home ground , not all members/supporters would be able to afford to travel interstate .
Enjoy your beers
Yeah fair enough there. Bit of a half-storm in a teacup in the end since there was a decent game.

As for SC i went batsmen heavy expecting less overs and trying to cover all bases with someone who bobs up for the random 50. And changed C from Maxwell to Stoinis in the last hour. Scored 352 and dropped from 558 to 642. Pretty disappointing since I was 903 after round 3. Good times though ! Cheers everyone !

AFL Club
Carlton
So who do you replace him with ?

Hinchliffe & Merlo were in the Squad tonight

Cartwright is injured
Coleman
Hussain
Morris
O'Connell

are all bowlers

still makes me worried how and why Pucovski is not on their list ?
Bat Maddinson at 5 or 6, and bring in Gotch or ahem Dunk. I think Maddinson had a couple too many chances opening imo.

AFL Club
North Melb.
So I think the events of the night demonstrate that the right decision was made in respect to the moving of the game. Not just because we had a decent length game but it illustrates that weather is never guaranteed and to deprive a team of a chance to play a home final on the basis of a weather forecast (which is all you have) can never be fair. I can think of no other time when a washout was considered as virtually certain as today and it didn’t happen.

Ended up with a season rank of 483 - nothing great, nothing bad, kind of in the middle I guess for someone who coached the season out through the finals and probably only got 2 or 3 VC loop calls right over the course of the season.

1581202004391.png
Will likely be my one and only season in SCBBL - Cricket's not really my thing and the multiple rolling lockouts on weekdays every week for 7 weeks (mostly around dinner time) just make the whole experience a little too stressful and not fun at all a lot of the time if I;'m being honest about it...

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bat Maddinson at 5 or 6, and bring in Gotch or ahem Dunk. I think Maddinson had a couple too many chances opening imo.
I am surprised they didn't try Handscomb opening with Stoinis to be honest.

With Cartwright injured they had nothing left depth wise in their Squad so were almost "forced" to play 2 of Dunk/Gotch/Maddo each game.

Too much reliant on Maxy & Stoinis , be interesting if they go for a OS bat next season.

Funny think about Maddo is he was close to a Test recall for the Gabba.

I wonder if Hussey has just told him to bat this way.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Fell asleep soon after the finish of the game. Didn't manage to crack the top 1k, came close 1013, just 270 points behind @Herbie66 ?. Thoroughly enjoyed my 1st season and look forward to next year. A big thank you to all the regular posters for sharing their thoughts and insights.
You certainly need to set your bar higher than using me as your benchmark ?.

Well done on your debut season , great effort.

Problem with Maddinson is his technique isn't sound enough to anchor an innings and keep the scoreboard ticking over and he takes far too long to get his eye in to be that 5 or 6 who can put up a quick 20-30 rounds in the last 5-6 overs of an innings. He doesn't look like getting the job done no matter where he is slotted in.