Strategy BBL|09: SuperCoach BBL Trades Discussion

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All else equal (ex fixturing) I would say narrowly Dwarshuis. More proven in Aussie conditions, actually takes more wickets per game, and young enough that he may still have some natural improvement (albeit possibly not in the next week or so!). Also likely better for cash generation. On the other hand he seems to have more competition for overs, and he won't get so many fielding points every round.

In reality I think it is pretty close, so it comes down to who suits your trade planning and/or your view on upcoming matchups, grounds etc. It looks like you could end up with a lot of R5 bye players. If you think this is a concern, I'd go Dwarshuis. Otherwise Jordan gives the extra DGR in R6.
Thanks. A Carey, B Stanlake and C Green will likely be kept during their bye as I should have sufficient cover so trading the others shouldn’t be too much of a concern but I’m leaning towards Dwarshuis due to being able to trade him in RD4 for a Renegade/Star such as Maxwell/Richardson/Gurney/etc and easing the pressure on RD5 to assure I don’t end up with a DNP/donut.

AFL Club
Sydney
Have toyed with the idea of Sams,Lynn and Laughlin our for Dwarshuis,W.Agar and Weatherald leaving enough cash to go Cutting to Rashid next week. Solid plan?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Might be a good idea to wait until trading until we find out what is happening with the Thunder v Stickers game.
Hear, Hear.

Just completed my back-up plan which will be:
Out: C Lynn, U Khawaja, D Sams
In: G Maxwell, D Short, H Rauf (or C Jordan and H Gurney over D Short and H Rauf)

in case I’m unable to do:
Out: C Lynn, D Sams, C Jewell
In: R Khan, B Dwarshuis, S Milenko

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
Plan A assumes all games are played:

SOK, Lynn, Z Khan to R Khan, Carey,Livingstone (was Salt but needed a Bowler option for team balance)

Plan B if game at Manuka is cancelled is a very poor second choice for this round but (hopefully) would be ok moving forward)

Out SOK, Z Khan, Wright to Richardson, Livingston & W Agar (would leave a donut on two lines):cry:

AFL Club
Carlton
Plan A assumes all games are played:

SOK, Lynn, Z Khan to R Khan, Carey,Livingstone (was Salt but needed a Bowler option for team balance)

Plan B if game at Manuka is cancelled is a very poor second choice for this round but (hopefully) would be ok moving forward)

Out SOK, Z Khan, Wright to Richardson, Livingston & W Agar (would leave a donut on two lines):cry:
Donuts because I will stubbornly retain Ussie, Ferguson and Hales

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does anyone have any opinion on Carey vs Salt? Picking Salt may open up some more options for trades which will help because my money is pretty tight at the moment.
So long as you’re not setting up for a keeper donut in the coming rounds, I prefer Salt because he seems to have a clearer role. There is talk of Carey batting down the order. Personally I’m erring on trading in Strikers I’m less sure of next round (when we’ve seen one game) rather than this one, but I appreciate that’s not always possible.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Did Hales and Ch Green to Ahmad and Gleeson. 3rd trade will be Lynn to Maxwell. Already have both Agar's and Stanlake. Will bring in Khan, Carey and a cheapie after one more round of vision.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Ferguson - > Weatherald
Laughlin - > Bancroft via Kerr

will hold my 3rd Trade until the 26th to see what is happening with SOK.

Last edited:

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is Rauf worth it. One of those situations when the best time to do it was last week.
He is a replacement for Steyn at the moment, and Steyn in an interview said he should be right to go for the Stars next game, which would result in Rauf being out of the side (due to the 2 internationals max. rule). However, given Rauf's form, there may be a chance they say to Steyn "lets give you another game off". So I'd be monitoring the Stars if I was you in terms of Rauf.