Competitions BBL|10 Doubles Competition

AFL Club
North Melb.
With the help of my brains trust we have decided on 2 gimmick rounds to help replace the head to head matchups in conjunction with hopefully being beneficial for the lower ranked sides and for more competition for those wildcard spots.

RD6= Singles Round
Singles Round= Each team nominates 1 player to represent their side

RD9= Reverse Round
Reverse Round= The highest scoring team of the round receives 1 point instead of the usual 22 and the lowest scoring team receives 22 points instead of the usual 1.
I can live with the singles round but not a fan of the reverse round.

In the reverse round you will be creating an incentive for teams to tank which may compromise their overall result. Of course that is their decision however I don’t think it is fair that people are put in that position.

Can I clarify is it every position that is reversed or is it just 1 and 22 that switch?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I can live with the singles round but not a fan of the reverse round.

In the reverse round you will be creating an incentive for teams to tank which may compromise their overall result. Of course that is their decision however I don’t think it is fair that people are put in that position.

Can I clarify is it every position that is reversed or is it just 1 and 22 that switch?
Every. Would you prefer it in RD8 when 2 sides are on the double which should reduce the likelihood of tanking?

No prize money involved and teams should not be prioritising this over their overall result.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
With the help of my brains trust we have decided on 2 gimmick rounds to help replace the head to head matchups in conjunction with hopefully being beneficial for the lower ranked sides and for more competition for those wildcard spots.

RD6= Singles Round

RD8= Reverse Round
Reverse Round= The highest scoring team of the round receives 1 point instead of the usual 22 and the lowest scoring team receives 22 points instead of the usual 1.
Notice the singles round in a round with a team on the double. Do you reckon it's better then where it's easier to choose who represents you. Or would it be better in a round with no doubles where it'd be tougher to choose who represents you?

AFL Club
North Melb.

RD6= Singles Round

RD8= Reverse Round
Maybe a worst score round (take the worst score within the team) instead for Rd8. Highest worst score takes the round. Just an idea that benefits teams that don’t have a carrier.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Notice the singles round in a round with a team on the double. Do you reckon it's better then where it's easier to choose who represents you. Or would it be better in a round with no doubles where it'd be tougher to choose who represents you?
Should not make much of a difference when it is held and a double game week does not automatically make it easier for a duo to select who will represent them, as both could hold a similar amount of DGW players or have minimal differences albeit being far apart in the individual rankings.

If a team does not nominate their player for that round pre the commencement of the 1st game, the highest ranked coach of their pairing will automatically represent their team.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Maybe a worst score round (take the worst score within the team) instead for Rd8. Highest worst score takes the round. Just an idea that benefits teams that don’t have a carrier.
Intention is to ensure the lowly ranked sides remain competitive and interested throughout the 2nd half of the season. Like the concept but would prefer the lowest worst score to take the round if I was to adopt that approach.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

RD6= Singles Round

RD8= Reverse Round
Also, each team will receive the opportunity for a double points round to be played at any time between RD1 and RD12.

Eg- The team of @Bomber18 and @7/11 finish RD1 as the 3rd placed side.
Instead of receiving the usual 20 points they receive 40 points (20X2) and have used their double points allotment for the season.

Due to the quick turnaround between rounds, each side has until the last game of the next round to make their decision.

Eg- The team of @Goodie's Guns and @Ironhawk finish RD10 as the 4th placed side.
They have until the start of the final game in RD11 to make their decision as to whether they take the double points on offer or not (38 instead of 19).

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only @Rowsus left to join.

There are 3 teams that have joined but I am unsure of who they belong to (I assume they belong to @jel , @dweebs and @Melmo). Could the owners of the below please confirm.
Jolly's Jets- ?
BoblibBashers- ?
Teamy McTeamface ?
Maybe he is hoping for a do over on the pairings 😋

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Also, each team will receive the opportunity for a double points round to be played at any time between RD1 and RD12.

Eg- The team of @Bomber18 and @7/11 finish RD1 as the 3rd placed side.
Instead of receiving the usual 20 points they receive 40 points (20X2) and have used their double points allotment for the season.

Due to the quick turnaround between rounds, each side has until the last game of the next round to make their decision.

Eg- The team of @Goodie's Guns and @Ironhawk finish RD10 as the 4th placed side.
They have until the start of the final game in RD11 to make their decision as to whether they take the double points on offer or not (38 instead of 19).
Do we nominate before the start of the round if we choose to use our double or do we wait until the completion of the round to decide?

EDIT: missed it. Just saw it now. I think its still better to decide at the start of the round rather than at the end or towards the end.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do we nominate before the start of the round if we choose to use our double or do we wait until the completion of the round to decide?

EDIT: missed it. Just saw it now. I think its still better to decide at the start of the round rather than at the end or towards the end.
Towards the end of the next round allows time for the members to decide whether they take it or not and with the BBL falling in a busy period it allows some leeway for those time pressed, etc.

Also, nominating after the round maximises the advantage for all teams as they might have earmarked certain rounds where they expected to perform well or poor and the opposite occurs and it will be difficult to compare/assess against other teams, especially early on.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Towards the end of the next round allows time for the members to decide whether they take it or not and with the BBL falling in a busy period it allows some leeway for those time pressed, etc.

Also, nominating after the round maximises the advantage for all teams as they might have earmarked certain rounds where they expected to perform well or poor when the opposite occurs and it will be difficult to compare/assess against other teams, especially early on.
I just thought it was gonna be like the captaincy but I guess you're right with the hectic schedule it'll keep people more interested if they do end up getting first later through the season so that they'll be in with a chance still and helps avoids ghosts ships.

AFL Club
GWS Giants

Also, nominating after the round maximises the advantage for all teams as they might have earmarked certain rounds where they expected to perform well or poor and the opposite occurs and it will be difficult to compare/assess against other teams, especially early on.
Will both players have to agree with the decision?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As mentioned previously, there are numerous changes to this edition of the competition and the draw is one of them.

There will be no head to head matchups in BBL 10.

Instead after consultation with several participants, we have decided on a change to the scoring system. The highest scoring double for the round will receive 22 points whereas the lowest scoring double of the round will receive 1 point and so on.

Utilising this approach for the BBL 09 edition, the ladder would have looked like the following-
View attachment 22887

In comparison to:
View attachment 22888
Compared to adopting the new rules from the upcoming season:
Amending for singles round (RD6), reverse round (RD8) and double round.
Singles round- Nominated player was the highest ranked for each side at the end of RD5
Double points round- Automatically taken if finished inside top 3 (each team did at least once)
1606532812811.png