Which team wins a final first?

• Essendon

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Essendon
I personally cannot see a Tassie team making finals for many years. All it is going to do is dilute the available pool of players even more.
Has anyone heard how they will make a team up?
If Gold Coast don't make finals soon they struggle even more after 2027.
They will have a bye each week so that will make supercoach a bit more even ๐Ÿ™‚
Just some thoughts of a beer ๐Ÿบ

AFL Club
Essendon
I personally cannot see a Tassie team making finals for many years. All it is going to do is dilute the available pool of players even more.
They will have a bye each week so that will make supercoach a bit more even ๐Ÿ™‚
Don't you be talking about Tassie like that! Essendon Hasn't won a final in 21 years so does it matter about Tassie?

would be like any other new team they would get X number of players from Tasmania and X number of picks to trade to lure in big name players.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't you be talking about Tassie like that! Essendon Hasn't won a final in 21 years so does it matter about Tassie?

would be like any other new team they would get X number of players from Tasmania and X number of picks to trade to lure in big name players.
Which team wins a final first, Essendon or Tassie? :p

AFL Club
Sydney
I mean GWS played in a GF a couple of years back.

If they get similar concessions to what GCS and GWS got it would take a GCS level stuff up to not play finals rapidly. I mean GWS made a mess of it by absolutely cooking their salary cap, hiring Leon Cameron, basically every trade they made and still played in a GF inside a decade. The concessions and list that GWS had I'm still not sure how they managed to not win multiple flags.

AFL Club
Adelaide
If the AFLW had a team, they could be called the "Map of Tassies"

AFL Club
Carlton
A bunch of us have been playing ultimate footy league for a number of years with a keeper league of 12 players.

Now UF has folded.

We weren't sure whether to go to Afl fantasy or Supercoach draft.

Both seem to have their limitations.

Does anyone know if we can recreate our league in SC draft and populate our 12 keepers for each team before draft night?

Will this also give us available players after keepers to review by position before draft? UF allowed you to do all this.

Little help appreciated.
Thanks.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
A bunch of us have been playing ultimate footy league for a number of years with a keeper league of 12 players.

Now UF has folded.

We weren't sure whether to go to Afl fantasy or Supercoach draft.

Both seem to have their limitations.

Does anyone know if we can recreate our league in SC draft and populate our 12 keepers for each team before draft night?

Will this also give us available players after keepers to review by position before draft? UF allowed you to do all this.

Little help appreciated.
Thanks.
SUPERCOACH DRAFT: Keeper leagues will now roll over automatically each season. There is no longer a need to re-activate a keeper league and re-invite everyone to re-join โ€“ your league just keeps going. There will also be more customisation with league commissioners able to edit the draft order for any round of picks, as well as the player retention settings. You will also be able to control scoring over the bye rounds, filter the waiver wire in more ways, pause a live draft and much more.

1677634198481.png

AFL Club
West Coast
1677654384830.png

So let me understand this correctly. If the AFL have an "interpretation" of a rule which is hard to implement because what once was a simple rule has been made more complicated than required, having an extra umpire will make that split second decision easier? Is there some kind of instantaneous Spock like mind melding thing going to happen now?
1677654795706.png

And I thought they were worried they could not get enough umpires these days. But lets add some anyway.

AFL Club
St Kilda
View attachment 53156

So let me understand this correctly. If the AFL have an "interpretation" of a rule which is hard to implement because what once was a simple rule has been made more complicated than required, having an extra umpire will make that split second decision easier? Is there some kind of instantaneous Spock like mind melding thing going to happen now?
View attachment 53157

And I thought they were worried they could not get enough umpires these days. But lets add some anyway.
So one back, one forward and one on either wing? I'd think that'd make things a bit more confusing, overlapping calls, contradictory decisions. Easier on the Ump's tanks I guess.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
So one back, one forward and one on either wing? I'd think that'd make things a bit more confusing, overlapping calls, contradictory decisions. Easier on the Ump's tanks I guess.
Exactly.
Some of the biggest stuff ups and frustrations occur, when the ump 80 meters away pays a free, that the umpire 10 meters away was happy to let go. That will only get worse now.