Discussion Music Discussion

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Think I'm "mostly" done with music thread now that the footy is coming back on line ... wouldn't mind a @KLo30 playlist of his funky country hip stuff or whatever it's called ... hint .. lol

AFL Club
Collingwood
Number:
"Summer of '69" Bryan Adams

In the Summer of '69, Bryan was 9 years old. He said "It's a very simple song about looking back on the summertime and making love. For me, the '69 was a metaphor for making love not about the year.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Letter A:
"American Pie" Don McLean

"American Pie" is a song by American singer and songwriter Don McLean. The single was the number-one US hit for four weeks in 1972 and also topped the charts in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. In the UK, the single reached number 2, where it stayed for 3 weeks. The song was listed as the No. 5 song on the RIAA project Songs of the Century. It is the fourth longest song to enter the Billboard Hot 100, in addition to being the longest song to reach number one.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Letter A:
"American Pie" Don McLean

"American Pie" is a song by American singer and songwriter Don McLean. The single was the number-one US hit for four weeks in 1972 and also topped the charts in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. In the UK, the single reached number 2, where it stayed for 3 weeks. The song was listed as the No. 5 song on the RIAA project Songs of the Century. It is the fourth longest song to enter the Billboard Hot 100, in addition to being the longest song to reach number one.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Letter D:

"Downtown" is a song composed by Tony Hatch and recorded by Petula Clark. In 1964 it became an international hit, reaching number one in Billboard Hot 100 and number two in UK Singles Chart. Hatch received the 1981 Ivor Novello award for Best Song Musically and Lyrically.
The song has been covered by many singers, including Dolly Parton, Emma Bunton and The Saw Doctors.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Letter F:

"Friday on My Mind" is a 1966 song by Australian rock group the Easybeats. Written by band members George Young and Harry Vanda, the track became a worldwide hit, reaching no. 16 in the US, no. 1 on the Dutch Top 40 chart, no. 1 in Australia and no. 6 in the UK, as well as charting in several other countries.
In 2001, it was voted "Best Australian Song" of all time by theAustralian Performing Right Association (APRA) as determined by a panel of 100 music industry personalities.
In January 2018, as part of Triple M's "Ozzest 100", the 'most Australian' songs of all time, "Friday on My Mind" was ranked number 25