No Trades Left Club (NTLC 2022)

AFL Club
St Kilda
After much deliberation on who to burn my lasty on....Crisp, Short, even considered Oliver to Touk or Macrae, decided to punt Crisp to Andy Brayshaw.
Lost 9 out of 10 leagues last week but had a double chance in all so it's make or break this week.
Also considered Marshall but who knows what he'll get next week?, hasn't exactly been consistent.
I have cover on 3 lines (not ruck line) but have a ruck/fwd in the fwd line.
It's all up to the Football head God now :)

P.S Could go Warner over Brayshaw, both same price, Warner 2% ownership.
What do you think?

Last edited:

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm home!

Think im the first LG to join this season. Actually entered into the no Trades left club on Saturday. Last trade was Hewett to Stewart. Second last trade was Cripps to Steele which has come back to hurt me a bit. Not ideal having 89k leftover however I did start the season with over 300k in the bank so having 89k leftover only seems fitting. Currently my best season ever in terms of overall. Barring a disaster I think I should be able to stay in the top 1k from here. With 22 premos this week finally! (30 potentially playing). Only ones I've missed out on are Dawson & probably not having enough trades to get Gawn back in.

Screenshot_20220805-161724_SuperCoach.jpg

AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Club feels nice and familiar after a long stay last year. I walk in and approach the bar, and in a dimly lit corner, a man sits with his guitar playing the classic, The Gambler:

"Now if you don't mind me sayin', I can see you're out of aces,
For a taste of your whiskey, I'll give you some advice..."

I wasn't even thinking about whiskey til that line, but now it seems like a great idea. I order and engage in conversation with the bartender.
"What was your last move?"
"Flipped Hewett for a fellow called Atkins. I'm telling you, he's going places..."
"What makes you so sure?"
"Oh nothing really. Just a hunch. But I'll have a lot of fun finding out if I'm right!"

"Said if you're gonna play the game, boy,
You better learn to play it right..."

"You got to know when to hold 'em..."
But that's not what I hear. Instead, our friend has changed the words to something more appropriate for the clientele, and I can't help but chuckle to myself:

"It just takes a little luck,
Pick your two best rucks,
Get all your rookies right,
And nail all your guns...

The singer knows he's caught me out, he makes eye contact with me and smirks.
"He loves tripping up the newbies like that," I hear from behind the bar. "Don't take it personally!"

You never count your scoring, on a Friday 'fore your captain,
There'll be time enough for counting, when the Sunday's done!"

Drink in hand, it's time to renew acquaintances with my fellow attendees, sharing stories of how many rucks have been through our sides, cursing taggers as a blight on the game, and why-oh-why didn't I trade for Todd Goldstein earlier...

"Every coach, he knows
That the secret to surviving
Is knowing who to fade away..."

An audible groan fills the room at this point.

"And knowing who to keep,
Not every team's a winner, most of them are losers,
And the best that you can hope for is a grand for the week..."

"Only a short stay for me this year, folks. Starting Monday I'm on a big new adventure into the world of teaching. But for now, I'm going to enjoy this weekend..."

"And somewhere around the grounds, The Bont made his break even,
And in these final rounds I've found a captain I can keep!"

Polite applause greets the conclusion of the song, immediately followed by the murmur of conversation and the flowing of drink and banter in equal measure.
Amazeballs, 🥃 you say. My dealin’ s’ done.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm home!

Think im the first LG to join this season. Actually entered into the no Trades left club on Saturday. Last trade was Hewett to Stewart. Second last trade was Cripps to Steele which has come back to hurt me a bit. Not ideal having 89k leftover however I did start the season with over 300k in the bank so having 89k leftover only seems fitting. Currently my best season ever in terms of overall. Barring a disaster I think I should be able to stay in the top 1k from here. With 22 premos this week finally! (30 potentially playing). Only ones I've missed out on are Dawson & probably not having enough trades to get Gawn back in.

View attachment 46722
Welcome to the LG hierarchy, fellas we might need to tone it down and pay some deference.

AFL Club
Sydney
Oh hi guys, still taking applications?

Will probably burn the last one on Cripps (don't need to just yet), not bad given I was down to 2 trades at round 16 when I used my 11th ruck related trade for the season! 1 from round 18.

Can afford anyone so that in itself makes things interesting!

Tiptoes in.

Hi all, sorry for being late, got caught in traffic for the last 2 weeks, but are here now.

Welcome Max Gawn as the last addition to my team. Might install you as captain for old times sake.

All trades gone. A team full of faux premos, with no bench cover. How did it come to this?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Finally spent the last trade (Hewett to Stewart). Did not plan on being stuck with this large amount of remaining salary but hopefully it can be put to good use for a few rounds for the NTLC. And on that note, my barstool better be free.

B19E633B-3FCC-425C-9EDF-56D78A5C4303.jpeg

AFL Club
St Kilda
Finally spent the last trade (Hewett to Stewart). Did not plan on being stuck with this large amount of remaining salary but hopefully it can be put to good use for a few rounds for the NTLC. And on that note, my barstool better be free.

View attachment 46957
I see you went down the same unfortunate road as me, VC Steele and C Laird, Football Head God help us!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Officially joined at the end of R21.
Those last 2 trades looked on the surface to be unnecessary, however, I needed to execute them to give my team a chance at progressing through my remaining important league finals. Happy to report that I've ultimately made the GF in all those leagues thanks to my R21 'luxury' trades.
1660709803353.png
1660709842037.png