Opinion Questions For Rowsus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
@Rumbler
I reckon you might have been a bit stiff with Daniel!!!
DT 128 - SC 113 before scaling.
He's the only player on the ground above 72 points, with a negative DT to SC!
He could have easily been a 150 with those DT numbers!

Greaves + Bont would have gotten you 222 before scaling.
Scrimshaw + Dunkley would have gotten you 149

Hopefully scaling and McCluggage can get you over the 222 mark.

AFL Club
West Coast
@Rumbler
I reckon you might have been a bit stiff with Daniel!!!
DT 128 - SC 113 before scaling.
He's the only player on the ground above 72 points, with a negative DT to SC!
He could have easily been a 150 with those DT numbers!

Greaves + Bont would have gotten you 222 before scaling.
Scrimshaw + Dunkley would have gotten you 149

Hopefully scaling and McCluggage can get you over the 222 mark.
Both the captain performances have been a massive fail for me :cry:
But that Daniel trade has saved me so far! That's a genius call you suggested!

This game will be crucial. JPK and McCluggage for me and Lyons for him. I need them both get solid tons and then hope for the best.

EDIT: Daniel scaled up to 120 and Macrae to 102!

AFL Club
Essendon
Hey old buddy, that is a tough one!
Rayner is terrible shot at goal, and Sydney don't give up many goals, so I will say no to him.
Rankine is very up and down, I'm going to bet against him playing Collingwood.
Breust has a bit more consistency than Gunston, but gunston is more likely to give you 100+, if he can find form.
I'll go in this order: Breust, Gunston, Rankine, Rayner.
Good luck, let me know how you go!
Went with the consistency of Breust and he’s 87 was nice 👍🏻 probably didn’t matter in the end with lyons and Mills having both had great 1st 1/2’s
I should make it to the GF for the chance of the 3peat

AFL Club
West Coast
@Rowsus @Darkie

I know I admitted defeat in the round 17 discussion thread...BUT...I think JPK's beast mode 2nd half might've kept my season alive!!

As it stands currently, number in bracket is what the player's projected score is:

Opponent: 19/2086 (Lukosius (110), Maynard (96), Grundy (108)), projected 2400

Me: 20/2258 (Greenwood (95), Grundy (108)), projected 2461

:eek: I think I can win if Greenwood puts up a solid performance! What are the chances Lukosius & Maynard go for 120+ each?

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Went with the consistency of Breust and he’s 87 was nice 👍🏻 probably didn’t matter in the end with lyons and Mills having both had great 1st 1/2’s
I should make it to the GF for the chance of the 3peat
Nice one. Fingers crossed for the three-peat!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
@Rowsus @Darkie

I know I admitted defeat in the round 17 discussion thread...BUT...I think JPK's beast mode 2nd half might've kept my season alive!!

As it stands currently, number in bracket is what the player's projected score is:

Opponent: 19/2086 (Lukosius (110), Maynard (96), Grundy (108)), projected 2400

Me: 20/2258 (Greenwood (95), Grundy (108)), projected 2461

:eek: I think I can win if Greenwood puts up a solid performance! What are the chances Lukosius & Maynard go for 120+ each?
So it's

You: 172 + Greenwood
Opp: Lukosius + Maynard ???

:oops:

WOW!
I'm not sure how that came about, but well done!!!
Your friend must be hugging his knees, rocking in a corner, muttering "not again! ...... not again!"

AFL Club
Essendon
This will me my match up for the Granny .
BPLGF.png

2017 - we met in the GF he won by 90odd
2018 - we met 1st final which i won and went on to win the flag
2019 - we met 1st final again which i won and went on to flag #2
2020 - we met 1st final AGAIN ! which i won .......

AFL Club
West Coast
So it's

You: 172 + Greenwood
Opp: Lukosius + Maynard ???

:oops:

WOW!
I'm not sure how that came about, but well done!!!
Your friend must be hugging his knees, rocking in a corner, muttering "not again! ...... not again!"
Me: 2474
Him: 2339

Yusssss!!! :eek::D:D:cool:

The trade suggestion of Docherty to Daniel was some Einstein level stuff!! 👏
I also owe JPK a massive thanks since his performance yesterday kept my season alive!! Gaff, Rivers & Laird as well!

Won the other prelim as well! Got two GF's to look forward to in the last round!!
Will inevitably talk to ya in a few days!!! :ROFLMAO::LOL:🙏🏼

p.s. @Darkie the superstitions of tagging you are working! :ROFLMAO:

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Me: 2474
Him: 2339

Yusssss!!! :eek::D:D:cool:

The trade suggestion of Docherty to Daniel was some Einstein level stuff!! 👏
I also owe JPK a massive thanks since his performance yesterday kept my season alive!! Gaff, Rivers & Laird as well!

Won the other prelim as well! Got two GF's to look forward to in the last round!!
Will inevitably talk to ya in a few days!!! :ROFLMAO::LOL:🙏🏼

p.s. @Darkie the superstitions of tagging you are working! :ROFLMAO:
Well done.

You could have got an extra 7 points by listening to me on the trade option, but glad it didn't matter. :)

AFL Club
West Coast
@Rowsus Good evening mate! Hope you've had a good week so far!

Grand finals have started and I surprisingly have had a better start than what I was expecting.
Another good score from Gaff but Simpkin's score was amazing! I actually have him on the bench as an emergency in case he had a poor score! But now I've put B.Davis on the field so I can loop Simpkin in and get his score :)

The situation this round is below. My team on the left (currently projected 2652) and opponent's team is on the right (currently projected 2467, his VC is Gawn and captain is Neale).

Opponent has not made any trades yet. In fact, I'm not sure if he has any left but gotta be prepared for anything !!

1600347964903.png
1600346978758.png

His midfield scares me. Jelly, Oliver, Cripps & Bont can all go huge and I'm worried a couple of them probably will get 140+. All their score projections are under-projected I reckon!!! In my team, I think Dev Smith's score is over-projected.
What's the best strategy to utilise here? Will probably wait and see how the St.Kilda vs. GWS game goes tomorrow night.

Got 2 trades but only 11.5k cash left. Do I keep it simple and downgrade Schoenberg to another rookie and then upgrade Rivers to a premo defender? Or downgrade Schoenberg, keep Rivers at D6 and upgrade McCluggage/JPK to Bont? Will probably need to decide by Saturday morning as both the Dees & Crows play the early games in the afternoon.

Think I'm gonna go with Gawn as VC, looks too good to pass up this week. If it fails, got Neale/Macrae as back-up?
Is there anything else that I need to consider?

@Darkie here's hoping the good start continues...!! 🤞🏼

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne

Grand finals have started and I surprisingly have had a better start than what I was expecting.
Another good score from Gaff but Simpkin's score was amazing! I actually have him on the bench as an emergency in case he had a poor score! But now I've put B.Davis on the field so I can loop Simpkin in and get his score :)

The situation this round is below. My team on the left (currently projected 2652) and opponent's team is on the right (currently projected 2467, his VC is Gawn and captain is Neale).

Opponent has not made any trades yet. In fact, I'm not sure if he has any left but gotta be prepared for anything !!

View attachment 21641
View attachment 21640

His midfield scares me. Jelly, Oliver, Cripps & Bont can all go huge and I'm worried a couple of them probably will get 140+. All their score projections are under-projected I reckon!!! In my team, I think Dev Smith's score is over-projected.
What's the best strategy to utilise here? Will probably wait and see how the St.Kilda vs. GWS game goes tomorrow night.

Got 2 trades but only 11.5k cash left. Do I keep it simple and downgrade Schoenberg to another rookie and then upgrade Rivers to a premo defender? Or downgrade Schoenberg, keep Rivers at D6 and upgrade McCluggage/JPK to Bont? Will probably need to decide by Saturday morning as both the Dees & Crows play the early games in the afternoon.

Think I'm gonna go with Gawn as VC, looks too good to pass up this week. If it fails, got Neale/Macrae as back-up?

Hi Rumb,
with Steele going big, and Haynes stinking it up, you hold quite an advantage.
His only way back into the match is if your Captain fails, and his goes big, PLUS one or two of Bont, Dusty, Cripps do something off the map, and your corresponding POD fails.
With that in mind, you might have to wait for the 1st 2 games on Saturday to assess, but then if he is any chance, you need to see if you can change one of your POD's to match one of his. Something like Greenwood/Schoenberg to Bont/Rookie. With this in mind, if Schoenberg is your onlyroute to Bont, you might need to cash him in after the 1st game Saturday.
Good luck!

AFL Club
West Coast
Hi Rumb,
with Steele going big, and Haynes stinking it up, you hold quite an advantage.
His only way back into the match is if your Captain fails, and his goes big, PLUS one or two of Bont, Dusty, Cripps do something off the map, and your corresponding POD fails.
With that in mind, you might have to wait for the 1st 2 games on Saturday to assess, but then if he is any chance, you need to see if you can change one of your POD's to match one of his. Something like Greenwood/Schoenberg to Bont/Rookie. With this in mind, if Schoenberg is your onlyroute to Bont, you might need to cash him in after the 1st game Saturday.
Good luck!
Cheers! Think I'll trade out Schoenberg after the first game to a non-playing rookie (less than 110k) as I can't see any rookie mids less than that price that have been named to play. That will give me enough to afford JPK to Bont tomorrow. Tempted to trade out McCluggage but I'm gonna save the trade till tomorrow to see that there are no late injuries/replacement to any of my players. If my opponent does make a big comeback and I need differentials, I could go JPK to Fyfe or something...or keep my trust in JPK!

AFL Club
West Coast
@Rowsus

Update:
I’m 9/1004
Opponent is 7/716

Ridley was horrible. Smith average.

Gawn 121 as VC for both of us. At the moment he still has his captain on Neale. Do I take Gawn's score? Or match his captain pick? Or go for someone else? i.e. Bont, Macrae
Schoenberg to Tom North trade is done.
He's looping Sholl with Gould & Tobe Watson as his D6 and also has Dusty currently in play. Sholl currently on 41 at QT...

Really not sure what to do with the captain's choice!! 120 is decent but if Cripps goes massive against Brisbane (like he did last time) and McCluggage goes 80-ish again then I'll be in big trouble. My projected score is about 100 more than his right now.

EDIT: Also worried about Curnow tagging Neale

Last edited:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
@Rowsus

Update:
I’m 9/1004
Opponent is 7/716

Ridley was horrible. Smith average.

Gawn 121 as VC for both of us. At the moment he still has his captain on Neale. Do I take Gawn's score? Or match his captain pick? Or go for someone else? i.e. Bont, Macrae
Schoenberg to Tom North trade is done.
He's looping Sholl with Gould & Tobe Watson as his D6 and also has Dusty currently in play. Sholl currently on 41 at QT...

Really not sure what to do with the captain's choice!! 120 is decent but if Cripps goes massive against Brisbane (like he did last time) and McCluggage goes 80-ish again then I'll be in big trouble. My projected score is about 100 more than his right now.

EDIT: Also worried about Curnow tagging Neale
I'd be worried about Curnow, too.
If you think you can manage it, without him being too tricky, you should try and match his Captain pick at the last minute. That's one less avenue he has to attack you.
I think Cripps is playing with a niggle, so it might risky to C him.
It's a tough choice, if you can't confidently match his C. I'd go Macrae or Bont, if you feel you need to move. Bont bigger ceiling, but also more likely to go 70 than Macrae. If you Need big, Bont otherwise Macrae.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne

View attachment 21641
View attachment 21640

So just based on yourtable, without confirmed Captain and trade info it's:

You: 72 + Greenwood (?) + JPK + Stewart + Daniel + Grundy
Opp: Brayshaw + Ryan + Bont + Maynard

Unless there was a disaster in the Captain part of the game,it looks like you hold a strong advantage. Swapping one of Greenwood/JPK to Bont removes one of his options to gain on you, and one of your options to fail. Barring Captain problems, you should be hard to beat!

AFL Club
West Coast
So just based on yourtable, without confirmed Captain and trade info it's:

You: 72 + Greenwood (?) + JPK + Stewart + Daniel + Grundy
Opp: Brayshaw + Ryan + Bont + Maynard

Unless there was a disaster in the Captain part of the game,it looks like you hold a strong advantage. Swapping one of Greenwood/JPK to Bont removes one of his options to gain on you, and one of your options to fail. Barring Captain problems, you should be hard to beat!
I captained Neale...and....so did he!
He also made his trades: Bytel --> Buckley and Riccardi --> Wingard

You're correct with the players we have remaining.
I'm currently 12/1482 (Greenwood, JPK, T.Stewart, C.Daniel & Grundy are left to play as my uniques)
He is currently 12/1334 (Wingard, A.Brayshaw, L.Ryan, Bont & Maynard are his uniques)

If all goes to plan, I'll do the JPK to Bont trade before the Sydney vs. Geelong match.
So it'll come down to my 4 players against his 4 players! All I can do is hope no one gets injured and that they have good scoring games!!! 🤞🏼
I know I got the lead at the moment but you just never know with SuperCoach!! It shouldn't be THIS stressful !!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I captained Neale...and....so did he!
He also made his trades: Bytel --> Buckley and Riccardi --> Wingard

You're correct with the players we have remaining.
I'm currently 12/1482 (Greenwood, JPK, T.Stewart, C.Daniel & Grundy are left to play as my uniques)
He is currently 12/1334 (Wingard, A.Brayshaw, L.Ryan, Bont & Maynard are his uniques)

If all goes to plan, I'll do the JPK to Bont trade before the Sydney vs. Geelong match.
So it'll come down to my 4 players against his 4 players! All I can do is hope no one gets injured and that they have good scoring games!!! 🤞🏼
I know I got the lead at the moment but you just never know with SuperCoach!! It shouldn't be THIS stressful !!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
After the Haw v GC game_
You: Stewart, Daniel, Grundy + 155
Opp: Brayshaw, Ryan, Maynard
You could pretty much afford an injury donut, and still win!
Well done!

AFL Club
Essendon
Update on the 3Peat - its all but secured :D after the celebrations i will have some tough list decisions to make can only keep 11 players for 2021 .
3peat.png

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
After the Haw v GC game_
You: Stewart, Daniel, Grundy + 155
Opp: Brayshaw, Ryan, Maynard
You could pretty much afford an injury donut, and still win!
Well done!
One game to go:
You: Grundy + 149
Opp: Maynard
I rate your opponent about a 0.05% chance of beating you.
Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.