Opinion Rate My Team

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Rate this.
Probably because we have 12 of the same starting keepers atm haha
Only differences being MCrouch over Oliver, who I don't mind as a starter and Goldy over Kreuzer, who I'm not touching with a 10 foot pole as he basically kicked my ranking in the **** from the start of the season last year.

I have also have the Cripps/Fyfe/Dusty/Zerrett quartet in every one of my teams. Just looks so right to me.
Gee that is very similar indeed. Interesting that you’re keen on going heavy on the value $550k mids. I’m considering MCrouch too as a value option to Oliver but just concerned that I’m asking for too much with 3 550k mids.

Wondering if Blakely/Dusty/Zerrett are more in the obvious value pick category like Sicily/Cogs/Devon last year or the fools gold category. I’m quite keen on those three in particular.

AFL Club
Richmond
Gee that is very similar indeed. Interesting that you’re keen on going heavy on the value $550k mids. I’m considering MCrouch too as a value option to Oliver but just concerned that I’m asking for too much with 3 550k mids.

Wondering if Blakely/Dusty/Zerrett are more in the obvious value pick category like Sicily/Cogs/Devon last year or the fools gold category. I’m quite keen on those three in particular.
I'd much rather Sloane, but can't see him starting well the Hewett and Jacobs tags in the first 4 rounds.
Like Oliver, but the shoulders worry me.

I would of picked Blakely last year if he was DPP, was spewing when he was mid only.
Dusty and Zerrett seem like no-brainers to me. 550k for blokes who are capable of 110 and rarely miss games, I also really like Neale as a starting option for the same reason, just without the lower price tag.

I didn't pick Cogs or Devon last year as I'm always strongly against players that miss multiple games a year through multiple injuries (Fyfe the exception).

It killed me last year while everyone had Dev and Conigs going 100+ every week, same story with TAdams the year before.

So this year now that I actually pick a player in that mold (Blakely) you can back him in to miss at least 6 games sporadically throughout the year!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Here is my team 14 premos and nearly every bit of cash ripped out of the rookies (M10 Michael Gibbons, M11 FD).
  • I want to run Gun's and Rookies. I'm interested if you think I should go back to 13 premos (where team was pre-Titch (added Blakely and Sloane amoungst other changes)).
  • The last premo selection on each line is a bit sketchy (Blakely, Sloane, Kruezer, Dunkley) IMO. Really I think it's a 10-4-8 structure with a pretty good chance I get at least two keepers from those last 4.
    • Kreuzer is rnd 14 swtich to Gawn, and perhaps rnd 5 to Mummy.
    • Dunkley and Blakely I have pretty big FOMO feeling for.
    • Sloane I just wish I had more coin to turn into Neale. I do wonder if I should just select Brouch, JOM or Rocky and aim for an early upgrade. I'm really torn on this pick. Althernativley, I can just call him Robbie Gray and call it done.
  • It's possible that Josh Dunkley becomes Wingard if I need cash for higher priced (i.e.selected) rookies. Other change could be Fyfe to Neale.
  • $3.8k bank
  • My full premo target upgrades would be (with a bit of uncertaintiy on M8/F6):
    • Laird, Sicily, Simpson
    • Oliver, Neale/Jelly
    • Gawn (rnd 14 bye swticheroo)
    • Hoff, Smith, Mengola/Gray/TKelly/Wingard
Welcome your thoughts especially on my appraoch (14 non-rookies), M6/F3 and the full premo crystal ball forecast.
  • RMT post titch .JPG

AFL Club
St Kilda
Here is my team 14 premos and nearly every bit of cash ripped out of the rookies (M10 Michael Gibbons, M11 FD).
  • I want to run Gun's and Rookies. I'm interested if you think I should go back to 13 premos (where team was pre-Titch (added Blakely and Sloane amoungst other changes)).
  • The last premo selection on each line is a bit sketchy (Blakely, Sloane, Kruezer, Dunkley) IMO. Really I think it's a 10-4-8 structure with a pretty good chance I get at least two keepers from those last 4.
    • Sloane I just wish I had more coin to turn into Neale. I do wonder if I should just select Brouch, JOM or Rocky and aim for an early upgrade. I'm really torn on this pick. Althernativley, I can just call him Robbie Gray and call it done.
  • It's possible that Josh Dunkley becomes Wingard if I need cash for higher priced (i.e.selected) rookies. Other change could be Fyfe to Neale.
  • $3.8k bank
    • Laird, Sicily, Simpson
    • Oliver, Neale/Jelly
Welcome your thoughts especially on my appraoch (14 non-rookies), M6/F3 and the full premo crystal ball forecast.
Way too deep in the mids

AFL Club
Sydney
A quick one using Erich's tool. Only "Premos" included

D: Lloyd, Whitfield, Blakely,
M: Cripps, Fyfe, Kelly, Neale, Dusty
R: Goldy, Kreuzer
F: Danger, Heeney, Gray, Lynch

Comments: I don't like paying so much for Lloyd, I probably won't. I never had Titch in, so have had a similar set of Mids for a while. Rucks, ha. Forwards, Lynch v. Wingard for F4.

AFL Club
Fremantle
A quick one using Erich's tool. Only "Premos" included

D: Lloyd, Whitfield, Blakely,
M: Cripps, Fyfe, Kelly, Neale, Dusty
R: Goldy, Kreuzer
F: Danger, Heeney, Gray, Lynch

Comments: I don't like paying so much for Lloyd, I probably won't. I never had Titch in, so have had a similar set of Mids for a while. Rucks, ha. Forwards, Lynch v. Wingard for F4.
Rnd 14 bye + $55K + massive ceiling-potential quick price rise vs Rnd 12 bye + low ceiling and no quick price rise = Lynch.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
It's getting close to that time of the year when News Ltd will close the team picker without warning in order to have their season launch. So if you want a record of your team, it's worthwhile taking a screenshot and filing away.

AFL Club
Richmond
I’m pretty sure I got my premos settled for a while like your input.
Der. Laird, blakely, williams
Mid. Macrae, cripps, Oliver, Fyfe, Merrett
Rucks. Grundy, goldy
Fwd. danger, heeney, gray, wingard

AFL Club
Essendon
  • $3.8k bank
    • Laird, Sicily, Simpson
    • Oliver, Neale/Jelly
I'm not firmly against going 6 deep in the middle now that Titch is out for the year because it leaves another top 8 mid spot open. A lot of people are looking at previous years and assuming that we can't load up on forward rookies and need midfield rookies, but the majority of mature age players recruited last year are forwards, and there are plenty of them.

I feel like the job security of Corbett (suns need a forward), Cavarra (bulldogs need a forward) and Parker (saints need a pressure forward) is pretty strong, whilst McAdam and a host of others might also have decent JS. The question is more if you have a McAdam or Parker on your field, will he be scoring 50 versus a guy who you can have in the middle scoring 60? I feel like Cavarra will score alright because he is versatile, used to be a mid and can score goals and move up the field, but the likes of Corbett and McAdam both seem like your standard marking and goal scoring forwards who may put up pretty bad numbers. We will need to wait for the prospectus and JLT to get to the bottom of that.

If that's true you may as well start Gray or someone else over Sloane, Dusty or Zerrett, get the same number of points and leave an extra mid spot open.

I do think a 6 deep mid structure is better in general but usually when you can have 4 up front. Although JS might be a non-issue, scoring can be for forwards.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Second crack after some more thought and injury news.

D: Whitfield, Blakely, ZWilliams, TWilliamson, Logue, Quaynor (Burgess, Wigg)
M: Cripps, Oliver, Fyfe, Dusty, Zerrett, Walsh, Bennell, Stocker (Constable, Wagner, Bewley)
R: Grundy, Kreuzer (Bines)
F: Danger, Heeney, Gray, Wingard, Setterfield, Corbett (McAdam, Kreuger)
Bank: $35k
I’m pretty sure I got my premos settled for a while like your input.
Der. Laird, blakely, williams
Mid. Macrae, cripps, Oliver, Fyfe, Merrett
Rucks. Grundy, goldy
Fwd. danger, heeney, gray, wingard
Looks good but wondering what rookies you have to afford this?

I’ve got Whitfield, Dusty and Kreuzer to your Laird, Macrae and Goldy and they are all cheaper by around $280k in total. I also have $35k in bank.

Admittedly I have a few more expensive rookie placeholders like Walsh, Williamson at around $200k ish each but I think those sorts of placeholders are necessary.

AFL Club
Richmond
Def. logue, scrimshaw, wilkie, (hore, wigg) Mid. Setterfield, constable, bewley (valente, hayes, murphy change to gibson)
Ruck. (Sweet)
Fwd. mcadam, corbett (parker, cavarra)

AFL Club
Richmond
As long as the rookies play and make money there is no need to spend 200k on a rookie. The cheaper rookies (123k) provide more value imo. I would rather have laird macrae n goldy than Whitfield, dusty and kreuzer

AFL Club
GWS Giants
As long as the rookies play and make money there is no need to spend 200k on a rookie. The cheaper rookies (123k) provide more value imo. I would rather have laird macrae n goldy than Whitfield, dusty and kreuzer
Generally I agree, however how many midfield rookies do you think will be viable this year? Most people would need 5-6 rookies and 2-3 of them on field. Do we have that many options? So far I only have Hind and Bewley around the 123k mark. If you could list a few more names that would be great help!

AFL Club
Richmond
Generally I agree, however how many midfield rookies do you think will be viable this year? Most people would need 5-6 rookies and 2-3 of them on field. Do we have that many options? So far I only have Hind and Bewley around the 123k mark. If you could list a few more names that would be great help!
I can name a few but you don’t really know to the season starts. Every year there is always rookies who play round 1

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
It really depends on the year whether backing the cheaper rookies works or not. I have been caught out previously by going too light on $200k rookies who ended up averaging 75-80 early and my basement rookies getting dropped.

I think at the very least you should consider downgrading an oliver or macrae down to Dusty to leave some wiggle room if it turns out that we need Bennell, Stocker, Quaynor types (never mind the Birchall, Williamson and Walsh types at around $200k).

AFL Club
Richmond
It really depends on the year whether backing the cheaper rookies works or not. I have been caught out previously by going too light on $200k rookies who ended up averaging 75-80 early and my basement rookies getting dropped.

I think at the very least you should consider downgrading an oliver or macrae down to Dusty to leave some wiggle room if it turns out that we need Bennell, Stocker, Quaynor types (never mind the Birchall, Williamson and Walsh types at around $200k).
Yeh thanks mate probably downgrade Oliver due to the delay to pre season

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm not firmly against going 6 deep in the middle now that Titch is out for the year because it leaves another top 8 mid spot open. A lot of people are looking at previous years and assuming that we can't load up on forward rookies and need midfield rookies, but the majority of mature age players recruited last year are forwards, and there are plenty of them.

I feel like the job security of Corbett (suns need a forward), Cavarra (bulldogs need a forward) and Parker (saints need a pressure forward) is pretty strong, whilst McAdam and a host of others might also have decent JS. The question is more if you have a McAdam or Parker on your field, will he be scoring 50 versus a guy who you can have in the middle scoring 60? I feel like Cavarra will score alright because he is versatile, used to be a mid and can score goals and move up the field, but the likes of Corbett and McAdam both seem like your standard marking and goal scoring forwards who may put up pretty bad numbers. We will need to wait for the prospectus and JLT to get to the bottom of that.

If that's true you may as well start Gray or someone else over Sloane, Dusty or Zerrett, get the same number of points and leave an extra mid spot open.

I do think a 6 deep mid structure is better in general but usually when you can have 4 up front. Although JS might be a non-issue, scoring can be for forwards.
Thanks for the detailed response Pizza Saftey,

My logic behind going 6 mids is that forwards have higher variance, therfore more chance to pick up on the cheap. I'll back sloane in to beat most F4's but by 10ppg to make up the rookie differential? I doubt it, so I've got to make that upgrade a week or two earlier to make it pay off I think.

I'm seriously thinking of going back to 13 keepers, the quality was better (Neale over Z.Merrett etc), (D.Smith over Dunkley), etc I'm a bit torn now Titch has gone. (but the team lodged for comment is what I'd run with if push came to shove right now)

AFL Club
Essendon
I don't even know if Hind has fantastic job security to be honest, Jack Sinclair was in and out of the side last year, Coffield is in his second year and can play wing, and they just added Hannebery as a winger, and there is also talk of Billings playing more wing (not sure I believe that). Saints fans have any thoughts on that? Walsh and Constable will probably have good JS, as will Stocker and Bewley, but I'm not sure that Valente would have great JS. Others like Hayes and West might also not be starting in round 1.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
I don't even know if Hind has fantastic job security to be honest, Jack Sinclair was in and out of the side last year, Coffield is in his second year and can play wing, and they just added Hannebery as a winger, and there is also talk of Billings playing more wing (not sure I believe that). Saints fans have any thoughts on that? Walsh and Constable will probably have good JS, as will Stocker and Bewley, but I'm not sure that Valente would have great JS. Others like Hayes and West might also not be starting in round 1.
Agree think Caldwell is the best chance from the giants but he's also 160k or a bit over.

Rookies will present themselves but I highly doubt there will be 5-6 viable basement priced (120k ish) midfield rookies by round 1.