Opinion Rate My Team

TerryB

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would appreciate any comments.
The rookies are still work in progress, mainly depending on round 1 team selections.
Still debating to spend less in the ruck and more on forwards or another premium mid. I do think the mids will score better than ever this year, so am considering really stacking the mids and filling the other positions later. supercoach march 13 2019.png

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
View attachment 7239
Actually pretty happy with this -
Defence is very value orientated and I like only having to rotate one of Scrimshaw/Clark/Hore at D6 as I feel that both Collins and Moore have very high JS and willing to pay extra for that at this stage. Did experiment with Smith as a D3/stepping stone but it did look even riskier.

Mids - Angus Brayshaw recently comes in at the expense of Josh Kelly - I love Kelly, especially when he will be in Nth colours next year but with no preseason I am a little wary to start the year with him. Crouch and Martin pick themselves as value picks and I believe both will be top 12 mids by the end of the year.

Rucks - No Grundy is the big one but I feel the additional 120k has firmed up my rookie selections and I didnt want to take a chance on one of the Rocky/Brouch/Libba types.

Fwds - Have remained unchanged for a while now and I am really happy with the 4 premium picks. Boak and Darling are both PODs who I expect to perform. Whether Boaks role changes once Wines comes back in remains to be seen but with the CBA's in the JLT and playing a majority of his time back on ball I am very happy to pick him.

Would love any comments/feedback.
Cheers
There is 5 people different in our teams hahaha

Collins -> Duursma
Dusty -> Oliver
Brayshaw -> Steele
Boak -> T.Kelly
Hind -> Atkins

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
This looks really solid. I'm personally not a fan of Boak but I can certainly understand the pick at his price.
You've managed to avoid 3 forward rookies on field and 3 basement price back rookies on field while still keeping 2 premo rucks - I think this is a really good balance and doesn't leave you too exposed.
Thanks for the feedback Leroy - Unless there are any late curveballs then I will follow a very similar structure going into Rd 1. I think it is also easier starting with the high priced rookies and then trading down to a 123/117k rookie if they perform over the 1st 2 rounds. This team should also allow me to 'wait and see'on a few of the bolters and jump on rather than getting stuck with them.

There is 5 people different in our teams hahaha

Collins -> Duursma
Dusty -> Oliver
Brayshaw -> Steele
Boak -> T.Kelly
Hind -> Atkins
Haha very similar indeed! I must admit that T.Kelly hasnt been on my radar at all but I have certainly looked at, picked and see the merit in Steele.
Rookies are also obviously up for change once Rd 1 teams are listed but while Collins is 188k I do rate his JS higher than Duursma however as a Port supporter you might have a different opinion!

AFL Club
Adelaide
View attachment 7239
Actually pretty happy with this -
Defence is very value orientated and I like only having to rotate one of Scrimshaw/Clark/Hore at D6 as I feel that both Collins and Moore have very high JS and willing to pay extra for that at this stage. Did experiment with Smith as a D3/stepping stone but it did look even riskier.

Mids - Angus Brayshaw recently comes in at the expense of Josh Kelly - I love Kelly, especially when he will be in Nth colours next year but with no preseason I am a little wary to start the year with him. Crouch and Martin pick themselves as value picks and I believe both will be top 12 mids by the end of the year.

Rucks - No Grundy is the big one but I feel the additional 120k has firmed up my rookie selections and I didnt want to take a chance on one of the Rocky/Brouch/Libba types.

Fwds - Have remained unchanged for a while now and I am really happy with the 4 premium picks. Boak and Darling are both PODs who I expect to perform. Whether Boaks role changes once Wines comes back in remains to be seen but with the CBA's in the JLT and playing a majority of his time back on ball I am very happy to pick him.

Would love any comments/feedback.
Cheers
If you get cold feet on Goldy I think Witherden down to Smith won’t cost many points, if any

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks for the feedback Leroy - Unless there are any late curveballs then I will follow a very similar structure going into Rd 1. I think it is also easier starting with the high priced rookies and then trading down to a 123/117k rookie if they perform over the 1st 2 rounds. This team should also allow me to 'wait and see'on a few of the bolters and jump on rather than getting stuck with them.

Haha very similar indeed! I must admit that T.Kelly hasnt been on my radar at all but I have certainly looked at, picked and see the merit in Steele.
Rookies are also obviously up for change once Rd 1 teams are listed but while Collins is 188k I do rate his JS higher than Duursma however as a Port supporter you might have a different opinion!
Currently utilising the same structure with 7 on field differences.
Your: A Witherden, P Cripps, D Martin, M Crouch, A Brayshaw, M Gawn, T Boak
VS
My: R Laird, J Kelly, L Neale, R Sloane, Z Merrett, B Grundy, T Greene

Apart from that I really like your structure and most of your premium selections.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hate myself for having Smith and no M.Crouch but like the look of this team.

1565218D-7E51-4240-892C-EA6CE4B8FDED.jpeg 80D211A1-D0A9-4474-A761-9A617A68509C.jpeg

I’m quite worried about Witherden at 455k being a flop, he’s hitting his 3rd year but his scoring (and not necessarily scoring well in wins (with Brisbane likely to win more games this year)) is a worry for me. Seems like there are literally no good options above Smith under 500k that are worthwhile.

Anyone else struggling with the last 5-6 spots of their team ?

I’ve set myself some requirements so to speak that I’d ideally want my team to have.
- 14 solid ‘keepers’
- 6 or less on field rookies
- Gawn and Grundy in the rucks

Think I’m gonna have done every possible option possible before round 1 lockout.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.

I’ve set myself some requirements so to speak that I’d ideally want my team to have.
- 14 solid ‘keepers’

Think I’m gonna have done every possible option possible before round 1 lockout.
Good luck with 6 or less rookies on field and 14 keepers. We will retire your username to the hall of fame and hold pilgrimages under the moonlight in your honour, when you're successful.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

- 14 solid ‘keepers’

I guess it’s how you define keeper but that’s a very difficult combo of requirements to put together, unless you’re compromising on picks or taking quite a few Steele/Brayshaw/Sloane type picks and only basement priced rookies.

I guess it’s how you define keeper but that’s a very difficult combo of requirements to put together, unless you’re compromising on picks or taking quite a few Steele/Brayshaw/Sloane type picks and only basement priced rookies.
I guess that’s what I have to weigh up.

Do I take 2 top premos like the Macrae’s, Oliver’s of the world, and a rookie or a few B grade premos/mid prices that can lift their averages.

AFL Club
Collingwood
My man ??

Good year for Port players I think mate, could be quite a few relevant players.
Dixon and Wines returned appears to be getting pushed back , Hammer still does not look good.

Just have to take the plunge on Butters Drew , Duursma and strap yourself in for the ride.

Robbie has always been there and the Rock Lobster is too cheap to ignore.

AFL Club
Adelaide
I guess that’s what I have to weigh up.

Do I take 2 top premos like the Macrae’s, Oliver’s of the world, and a rookie or a few B grade premos/mid prices that can lift their averages.
I’ve had to sacrifice Macrae in a Gawndy setup, if that helps

Also remember Collins and Moore are not technically rookies. Don’t count them in your rookie list if that is doing your head in.

I’ve had to sacrifice Macrae in a Gawndy setup, if that helps

Also remember Collins and Moore are not technically rookies. Don’t count them in your rookie list if that is doing your head in.
Don’t have Collins. I count ‘rookies’ as anyone priced under Walsh.

I have Moore and count him as a mid-price.

How many ‘keepers’ and rookies on field do you currently have ?