Discussion Rookie Discussion

AFL Club
Carlton
Have got the cash to go Atkins to LDU. Atkins looks like a slow burner. Anyone got any feedback on Atkins form and JS. Haven't caught any Cats games so far.
Unless your backing for a very pronounced difference in scoring from your worst on field rookie and LDU, I'm not sure if paying $90k for a rookie swap is worth it. You're basically starting at -$90k and not $0 for cash generation.

AFL Club
Essendon
Unless your backing for a very pronounced difference in scoring from your worst on field rookie and LDU, I'm not sure if paying $90k for a rookie swap is worth it. You're basically starting at -$90k and not $0 for cash generation.
Yeah, I had that in mind. I did save cash for those sort of corrections though - but still probably not worth the cost of the trade, unless someone is dropped or injured.

AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone think that Balta if not named to Burgess is a waste of a trade? Would rather have a playing rookie with good job security making even a bit coin rather than someone not getting games.

AFL Club
Geelong
JS good playing as a pressure forward..he’s a tackling machine but not around the ball enough.
Yeah, Geelong's revamped forward line has been working wonders, even Rohan (who I was sceptical of is doing his job).
Atkins isn't going anywhere.

AFL Club
Collingwood
After Round 2

LDU 99.0
Willem 96.5
Parker 88.0
Constable 84.5
Butters 77.5
Rozee 76.5
Walsh 75.5
Duursma 72.5
Clark 67.5
Scrimshaw 67.5

Joyce 67.0
Scott 63.5
Wagner 61.0
Keeffe 60.0
Miers 60.0
Setterfield 59.5
Hore 58
Collins 56.5
Atkins 56.0
Polson 55.0
@Zagbag

2, 3 & 6 are F eligible.
might need to rethink your statement that M rookies are clearly outscoring the F ones ??

AFL Club
Sydney
@Zagbag

2, 3 & 6 are F eligible.
might need to rethink your statement that M rookies are clearly outscoring the F ones ??
Sure, and 1, 2, 4, 5 are all Mid eligible. I didn't say they are clearly outscoring them (though they are) - but rather what I was saying is that they are "better", for want of a better word. There is more of an abundance of midfield rookies, and they are the must-haves.

Wash, Constable, Scott looked like locks in pre-season (still are probably). Duursma looks like a must. I think Atkins will improve, LDU has started great and Cousins will probably pay off.

The only pure Forward rookie worth having is Parker, and I think his average will slide back over the next few round.s

Setterfield/Drew are obviously M/F so everyone has picked them forward - because, to the crux of my point - there are more midfield rookies available than forwards. It's not even up for debate...

AFL Club
Collingwood
Sure, and 1, 2, 4, 5 are all Mid eligible. I didn't say they are clearly outscoring them (though they are) - but rather what I was saying is that they are "better", for want of a better word. There is more of an abundance of midfield rookies, and they are the must-haves.

Wash, Constable, Scott looked like locks in pre-season (still are probably). Duursma looks like a must. I think Atkins will improve, LDU has started great and Cousins will probably pay off.

The only pure Forward rookie worth having is Parker, and I think his average will slide back over the next few round.s

Setterfield/Drew are obviously M/F so everyone has picked them forward - because, to the crux of my point - there are more midfield rookies available than forwards. It's not even up for debate...
Fair enough must have misread clearly in your original post to being better ?

Didn't include Cousins as he is more expensive than Walsh.

Let's hope they all continue to play enough games and score well to make some $$$ , and don't get dropped after 3-5 games.

With all those options a all rookie midfield might have been viable.

Anyway , enjoy Vietnam

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does anyone have an opinion on Gryan Miers (GEE) or Lachlan Schultz (FRE)?

Would be potential trade ins for Balta if he’s not named.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
GEE and PTA have afforded us with 4 Rookies each to form the nucleus of our teams.

Both clubs are playing an exciting and winning brand of footy after 2 rounds. Long may that last...until those Rookies have fulfilled their purpose in our teams!

AFL Club
Geelong
GEE and PTA have afforded us with 4 Rookies each to form the nucleus of our teams.

Both clubs are playing an exciting and winning brand of footy after 2 rounds. Long may that last...until those Rookies have fulfilled their purpose in our teams!
Geelong are a family-friendly-community orientated club, who want to involve as many people as possible in sharing our passion for Aussie rules football. But more importantly, we understand our responsibility to the Supercoach community to serve up numerous cheap, well scoring rookies with solid job security, year after year. Quite frankly, it's a responsibility most other clubs just don't seem to take seriously at all ;)

Remember this when the time comes to buy your first child or grandchild their very first AFL team beanie or jumper.
Lead by example, make the right decision and choose the blue and white hoops! You won't be disappointed!

This has been an unofficial GFC club message. :p:unsure:

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would probably just hold on to Balta and either wait for him to come back or wait for a better rookie.
Thanks mate. Is it a JS or a scoring concern that you would have?

They seem to be the next best cash cows I don’t have once I bring in Duursma ... although if they’re not worth a trade/are likely to be dropped, I can either save a trade or consider a non-rookie trade (potentially involving Dusty) this week.

AFL Club
Carlton
Does anyone have an opinion on Gryan Miers (GEE) or Lachlan Schultz (FRE)?

Would be potential trade ins for Balta if he’s not named.
Miers has surprised and improved a fair bit playing the half forward pressure role, could be under pressure in a couple of weeks when Fogarty comes back from injury. Shultz is a similar type, believe he's mature age and possibly in the side to cover for Ballantyne. If I were to pick and had to as a replacement I'd go Miers.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanks mate. Is it a JS or a scoring concern that you would have?

They seem to be the next best cash cows I don’t have once I bring in Duursma ... although if they’re not worth a trade/are likely to be dropped, I can either save a trade or consider a non-rookie trade (potentially involving Dusty) this week.
Scoring concern. My view is that it isn’t worth a trade moving on Balta for either of them. Balta is likely to play again at some stage plus he can be used for loopholes in the meantime.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Yeah, I had that in mind. I did save cash for those sort of corrections though - but still probably not worth the cost of the trade, unless someone is dropped or injured.
LDU tracking to generate well over 80k (the actuall cost difference) more than Atkins and scoring about with Constable and Drew as the best rookie.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Miers has surprised and improved a fair bit playing the half forward pressure role, could be under pressure in a couple of weeks when Fogarty comes back from injury. Shultz is a similar type, believe he's mature age and possibly in the side to cover for Ballantyne. If I were to pick and had to as a replacement I'd go Miers.
Thanks @Professor and @Ben's Beasts ... sounds like potential concerns on both fronts!

I think Schultz looks a bit more interesting in DT but will likely skip both in SC now ... which for better or worse means I can consider more sideways/correction trades to my non rookies ?

AFL Club
Geelong
Scoring concern. My view is that it isn’t worth a trade moving on Balta for either of them. Balta is likely to play again at some stage plus he can be used for loopholes in the meantime.
Mind if I ask what makes you think Balta will play again?
I remember when he was selected and Hardwick said ''he is raw'', to me thats never a good sign after you go on to underperform.
I take that to mean the rookie wasn't ready yet.