Discussion Rookie Discussion

AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah, I’d look elsewhere - his prospectus write up is on the previous page. Doesn’t look like he has good scoring potential.

Larkey and Answerth look like almost must have downgrade targets next round if they back up.
What makes you say that about Larkey? 3.0 for only 75 doesn't feel me with confidence.

AFL Club
Carlton
What makes you say that about Larkey? 3.0 for only 75 doesn't feel me with confidence.
I think if Larkey continues to play like that his JS will increase. As we know North have been bombing it long to big Benny 80% of the time, so that's where Larkey comes in as the 2nd tall, adding a different avenue to goal and not making their game plan that obvious, by mixing their targets up a bit.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I think if Larkey continues to play like that his JS will increase. As we know North have been bombing it long to big Benny 80% of the time, so that's where Larkey comes in as the 2nd tall, adding a different avenue to goal and not making their game plan that obvious, by mixing their targets up a bit.
I will preface by saying that I didn't watch the game, but looks like Larkey also had 15 ruck contests, which was interesting to see. Zuhaar had none in that last game compared to the previous few when he was getting a handful of RCs each game.

I thought that Larkey might provide something different structurally for the Roos. They had been looking for that backup ruck in Campbell, perhaps so that Brown could play more fwd. Larkey may be the answer. Another good game could see him have decent JS - one to keep a close eye on. Also as a side note, has a R14 bye which is very handy in the fwd line.

Corbett had a poor write up in the prospectus and 2 goals for 55 inspires even less confidence (especially considering how Burgess has turned out for the Suns).

AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon half a chance Liam Stocker make his debut soon. I thought they may play him a few more weeks conditioning in the VFL but if Simpson and Newman out it could even be this week. Had a look at his video on Carlton site on Sunday and he moves very well in and out of traffic.

At very least I think he will be in the extended squad named on Thursday night for Sunday game.

AFL Club
Carlton
I will preface by saying that I didn't watch the game, but looks like Larkey also had 15 ruck contests, which was interesting to see. Zuhaar had none in that last game compared to the previous few when he was getting a handful of RCs each game.

I thought that Larkey might provide something different structurally for the Roos. They had been looking for that backup ruck in Campbell, perhaps so that Brown could play more fwd. Larkey may be the answer. Another good game could see him have decent JS - one to keep a close eye on. Also as a side note, has a R14 bye which is very handy in the fwd line.

Corbett had a poor write up in the prospectus and 2 goals for 55 inspires even less confidence (especially considering how Burgess has turned out for the Suns).
Thanks B18, re Corbett, I saw the game and he looked ok in the first half when the game was close, then they were blown away in the 2nd half with delivery into the forward half being long bombs to no one in particular, even missing 2 metre Peter, kicks were under pressure and foot skills not great. Corbett appears to be a good set shot for goal and is quite agile. I brought him in last week, so it will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks B18, re Corbett, I saw the game and he looked ok in the first half when the game was close, then they were blown away in the 2nd half with delivery into the forward half being long bombs to no one in particular, even missing 2 metre Peter, kicks were under pressure and foot skills not great. Corbett appears to be a good set shot for goal and is quite agile. I brought him in last week, so it will be interesting to see how he progresses.
Thanks! Didn’t catch the game either so good to know. Will be worth keeping on the watch list for sure!

AFL Club
Essendon
On the topic of Larkey, he averaged 62 DT from 16 games in the VFL last year (played 17, but one game seems to be missing from the data).

In games where he kicked 2=> goals, he averaged 8/44.5
In games where he kicked 3+ goals, he averaged 8/80.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Rookies After 6 Rounds (thanks to SCT)

Hore 81.5
Rozee 81.3
Rotham 77
Duursma 72
Scrimshaw 70.3
Answerth 69
Wilkie 68.2
Joyce 67
Collins 65
Keeffe 60

Walsh 99.6
Hately 95
Constable 81.4
Ross 77.7
Stack 75
LDU 72.8
Smith 66,2
Butters 64.8
Hayes 62.5

Baker 87.3
Drew 76,2
Larkey 75
Miers 70.3
Bolton 66.5
Parker 61.5

started Hore, then traded him
should've , would've, could've paid more attention to Rozee, Miers & Wilkie ......oh well next year

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Rookies After 6 Rounds (thanks to SCT)

Hore 81.5
Rozee 81.3
Rotham 77
Duursma 72
Scrimshaw 70.3
Answerth 69
Wilkie 68.2
Joyce 67
Collins 65
Keeffe 60

Walsh 99.6
Hately 95
Constable 81.4
Ross 77.7
Stack 75
LDU 72.8
Smith 66,2
Butters 64.8
Hayes 62.5

Baker 87.3
Drew 76,2
Larkey 75
Miers 70.3
Bolton 66.5
Parker 61.5

started Hore, then traded him
should've , would've, could've paid more attention to Rozee, Miers & Wilkie ......oh well next year
Ruckmen have feelings too!!

O’Brien 86.8

AFL Club
Carlton
I saw enough of Robbie when he played for the maggies to pretty confidently say that he won't be an AFL standard player.
Probably Saints got the old Carlton recruiter Hughes or Rogers that used to get us gems like Boekhorst that no one recruiter wanted.
Apparently did one or two nice chase down tackles that got him a surprise drafting. Surely he can kick a goal or four to get drafted ?
He meant to be quickest on Saints list this year. All I know about him.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Probably Saints got the old Carlton recruiter Hughes or Rogers that used to get us gems like Boekhorst that no one recruiter wanted.
Apparently did one or two nice chase down tackles that got him a surprise drafting. Surely he can kick a goal or four to get drafted ?
He meant to be quickest on Saints list this year. All I know about him.
I wish there all the best and I'll happily eat my words if it turns out well for him. To be fair I tracked him less when he made the move to North Adelaide for obvious reasons, his game may have developed in that time.

For a little bloke he's very aggressive in his tackling and his game is built around that so there may be a niche role for him as a modern pressure forward but has a tendency to disappear for large stretches.

Fingers crossed he can get a run and excel in the role, we need all the downgrades we can get at this stage.

AFL Club
Carlton
I wish there all the best and I'll happily eat my words if it turns out well for him. To be fair I tracked him less when he made the move to North Adelaide for obvious reasons, his game may have developed in that time.

For a little bloke he's very aggressive in his tackling and his game is built around that so there may be a niche role for him as a modern pressure forward but has a tendency to disappear for large stretches.

Fingers crossed he can get a run and excel in the role, we need all the downgrades we can get at this stage.
True, we do. Rather take Shai Bolton myself. But if you missed his North Adelaide days, maybe he did develop beyond what you saw. Hopefully for his sake he has.
If he could reach Zac Giles-Langdon levels be a good pick up for Saints.