Strategy Round 2: Trades

How many trades do you plan to use in round 2?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.7%

Votes: 8 10.8%

Votes: 15 20.3%

Votes: 49 66.2%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Hawthorn
At this stage the only rookies I would keep that I’ve got are Rowell, Sturt and Pickett if you call him a rookie
Probably keep C. Taylor Brander and McInerney
Rest I would cut if I could

AFL Club
Collingwood
Anticipating BZT (Ambrose), McAsey (Doedee), Green (Ward), Cavarra (form) get dropped and few return from injury, I’m looking at needing to do at a minimum:
BZT -> SHill
McAsey -> HYoung
Green -> Rankine
Cavarra -> Sturt

I have Starcevich on top of that who could be a chance to get dropped but I didn’t take any other donut with B.Williams likely to play at R3 so happy enough to hold him.

If I have the luxury after that would like to do:
Roberton -> Pittonet
Brayshaw -> JSteven

Bont would be a luxury trade for a future round if he doesn’t do well against the Blues.

I think Sturt in and Roberton/McAsey out are the definites for R2 for me. If it stays at 2 and 2 in R2 and R3, I wouldn’t be able to execute these all. If SC follow AFLF and do 3 and 2 in R2 and R3, I guess I could just take say Young after a price rise.

I guess after working through it, unlimited trades in R2 seems pretty unnecessary. 3-4 in R2 would be okay at worst for my plans.
Bomber do you have Noble already , noticed you would swap Mcasey for HYoung

AFL Club
Geelong
I hope they make a decision soon, I'm hanging to tinker.

Absolutely love the idea of unlimited trades, but coming off your total of 30. Would be very tempted to still make 3-4.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hope they make a decision soon, I'm hanging to tinker.

Absolutely love the idea of unlimited trades, but coming off your total of 30. Would be very tempted to still make 3-4.
When round 2 comes in to play, how many trades we get, will depend who I get rid of.

Georgiades is the only rookie that I haven’t got who played in round 1 that I would get in at this stage, was in my team for most of the preseason but got cut late.

Rankine @ Young get pick for round 2 would definitely come into my team

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
When round 2 comes in to play, how many trades we get, will depend who I get rid of.

Georgiades is the only rookie that I haven’t got who played in round 1 that I would get in at this stage, was in my team for most of the preseason but got cut late.

Rankine @ Young get pick for round 2 would definitely come into my team
Georgiades may lose his spot when Dixon returns anyway.

Agree re Rankine and Young. With Young, at his price potentially we can wait 1-2 rounds given his high price.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Georgiades may lose his spot when Dixon returns anyway.

Agree re Rankine and Young. With Young, at his price potentially we can wait 1-2 rounds given his high price.
I don't think Georgiades will get dropped for dixon Port like to go more tall fwd and he is more a medium fwd that they don't have. Hinkley loves his attack on the ball so he should get a good run at it. He might not stay fit in this period of o***eason so who knows.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Anticipating BZT (Ambrose), McAsey (Doedee), Green (Ward), Cavarra (form) get dropped and few return from injury, I’m looking at needing to do at a minimum:
BZT -> SHill
McAsey -> HYoung
Green -> Rankine
Cavarra -> Sturt

I have Starcevich on top of that who could be a chance to get dropped but I didn’t take any other donut with B.Williams likely to play at R3 so happy enough to hold him.

If I have the luxury after that would like to do:
Roberton -> Pittonet
Brayshaw -> JSteven

Bont would be a luxury trade for a future round if he doesn’t do well against the Blues.

I think Sturt in and Roberton/McAsey out are the definites for R2 for me. If it stays at 2 and 2 in R2 and R3, I wouldn’t be able to execute these all. If SC follow AFLF and do 3 and 2 in R2 and R3, I guess I could just take say Young after a price rise.

I guess after working through it, unlimited trades in R2 seems pretty unnecessary. 3-4 in R2 would be okay at worst for my plans.
I'm keen on picking up Doedee but might wait till rd3, he could be a good scorer if this intercept playmaker down back keeps going well this season. Not much more than Roberton in price at 273k

AFL Club
Hawthorn
They could at least throw an extra trade now, so we can play around with our team, to keep us occupy for a bit and still have some interest now.

Two trades is not enough to maintain your interest until round 2 comes around

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
7 reporting now the AFL is thinking about sending 6 teams to the NT to try and fast track the season.

Something I suggested they should have done before the states closed their borders , not exactly the NT but 3 other centres.

NRL were looking at relocating all their teams in the accommodation facilty at Homegroup Villages in Calliope (near Gladstone) and then play games in Brisbane , Gladstone & Townsville

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tonight 7 reporting on the 3 hub idea (but actually 4 centres , WA, SA , NT , Hobart/Launceston then QLD) , not sure if the Government will left the social distance rule and restriction travel just for them , but I guess they are just a business trying to restart.

May 4 is still the proposed date for group training to recommence , can't see that happening though , wait for the official announcement end of April I guess.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Must be getting desperate now .... I can't see any footy back this year .... but then again I couldn't see why the season even started ..

- Not being antagonistic ... just one player case will probably shut it down for the year ...

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
Must be getting desperate now .... I can't see any footy back this year .... but then again I couldn't see why the season even started ..

- Not being antagonistic ... just one player case will probably shut it down for the year ...
Yep highly unlikely.. unless the miracle vaccine appears in the next couple of months (only real hope here is a conspiracy theory where China had a vaccine all along before they deliberately released the virus and are just waiting to sell it to the highest bidder - aside from a Bond movie, this appears unlikely o_O)

AFL Club
Collingwood

Don't underestimate the force of the dollar ;)

AFL Club
GWS Giants
7 reporting now the AFL is thinking about sending 6 teams to the NT to try and fast track the season.

Something I suggested they should have done before the states closed their borders , not exactly the NT but 3 other centres.

NRL were looking at relocating all their teams in the accommodation facilty at Homegroup Villages in Calliope (near Gladstone) and then play games in Brisbane , Gladstone & Townsville
AFLNT CEO was speaking yesterday on this, he was asked how much planning AFLNT has and will put into the prospect of AFL games being played in the NT.

His answer was zero, zilch, none, nup, 0....read into that what you will