Position SC 2021: Forward Discussion

Which ‘keepers’ are you planning on starting with?

• Dangerfield

Votes: 44 63.8%
  • Sidebottom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunkley

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • Zorko

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Dusty

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Heeney

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Greene

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De Goey

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Phillips

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dunkley vs Martin vs Butters? Only going to pick one of the 3 for F1 and am struggling to decide. Dunkley will almost certainly score a lower score after being rested up forward and be able to be picked, while Martin can be very inconsistent as he just does as he want while Butters I'd be relying on more improvement plus more midfield time which I'm not sure is avaliable.

AFL Club
Carlton
Dunkley vs Martin vs Butters? Only going to pick one of the 3 for F1 and am struggling to decide. Dunkley will almost certainly score a lower score after being rested up forward and be able to be picked, while Martin can be very inconsistent as he just does as he want while Butters I'd be relying on more improvement plus more midfield time which I'm not sure is avaliable.
I'm a Dunkley fan, he's a bigger beast than Martin. I'd normally go Dunks, Martin, Butters, Bevo and his tactics and extra midfielder make it difficult to select Dunkley, but who knows how much mid time he gets.

So Martin, Dunks, Butters.

AFL Club
Sydney
Honestly depends on risk profile. Not a fan of the Butters pick so I'm ignoring him.

Dunkley has more likely upside but perhaps a lower ceiling and a much higher durability risk.

Martin is probably slightly overpriced but safe as houses to be in that range.

Basically if you've taken a lot of risks elsewhere, take Martin, if the side is relatively safe then take Dunkley.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow, Dunks come on down! (to the bench)
It didn't sound good did it.The recruitment of Treloar and the holding of Dunkley makes me think the doggies are genuinely playing moneyball. Treloar was discounted and Essendon's offer wasn't enough. I think they'll look for a better offer for Dunkley at the end of the year. I'm starting to question his spot in my rnd 1 team. CBA's this week will be interesting.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
It didn't sound good did it.The recruitment of Treloar and the holding of Dunkley makes me think the doggies are genuinely playing moneyball. Treloar was discounted and Essendon's offer wasn't enough. I think they'll look for a better offer for Dunkley at the end of the year. I'm starting to question his spot in my rnd 1 team. CBA's this week will be interesting.
Interesting thinking. So they’re not actually interested in keeping Dunkley.....?

Definite wait and see for me with these comments now, I just could never get excited about the pick at 560k.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting thinking. So they’re not actually interested in keeping Dunkley.....?

Definite wait and see for me with these comments now, I just could never get excited about the pick at 560k.
I always thought it was moneyball but everything I had read had been about rotating and sharing the load plus the addition of Stef Martin, and I thought Dunkley was good enough to be a forward keeper with all of that. But that comment from Bevo was the first negative one I've seen. I'm now wondering if there is a chance he gets dropped occasionally.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I am actually finding Ziebell , Daniher & Impey a awkward price now (along with 6-8 onfield rookies) as it is making me look at too many of the $ 300-350k options + Cumming/Young etc which probably all need upgrading anyway.

Still like Heeney but might be still able to get him for a similar price at upgrade time
Yes I have dropped Impey to Dow. Could change after next game. Then It’s between Zieball and Daniher. Thinking Daniher because he could have that spike in scoring. ?

AFL Club
Collingwood

Yes, Dunkley just could go through the motions for the year, wanted a release is never a good sign. Dunkley is a wait and see for me.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, I think with someone like Ziebell you don't over think it.
Prior to getting injured in 2020 he'd missed only 4 games in 5 years and averaged 89 across that entire period. He's moving to a much less bash-and-crash position at HB where we can make use of his 200 game footy brain and strong marking before gently putting him out to pasture.

Same thing goes for Heppel really. Before 2020 he played all but 6 games in 5 years and averaged 101. He's only 28 and when fit is still one of the better players in his side. Think I might need to find a way to put him back in :unsure:
Yes I cannot make a decision for M6 Green or Heppel.? Green if given the role as inside mid could see him avg 105+ Pitted against a proven performer in Heppel.

Could be a coin toss. We shall see what happens this week.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes I have dropped Impey to Dow. Could change after next game. Then It’s between Zieball and Daniher. Thinking Daniher because he could have that spike in scoring. ?
I've gone back to ZDIC , Henry , ? / Rowe , Waterman

Too many rookies likely now

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

Beveridge also made an admission regarding the pre-season form of Josh Dunkley, who was unable to get to Essendon late last year after requesting a trade.

The 24-year-old cited more midfield time as a major reason for wanting the move to the Bombers after mixing his time between the forward line, middle and even in the ruck last year.

According to his coach, the 2016 premiership Dog has been below his best of late and will have to again prove himself before he is deployed as a permanent on-baller in 2021.

“I’ve been on record saying 'Dunks' and I are really close away from the club as much as that coach-player relationship,” Beveridge added.

“Look, we have moved on. Whatever the reasons were and the weight of the influence doesn’t really matter anymore.

“He has applied himself. He has trained extremely hard with the rest of the boys. He’s not at his best at the moment as far as his production on the ground.

“He didn’t play his best game against Hawthorn (last week). He’s fully aware that there’s pressure for game time in any role in our team.

“That’s what you do. Every year you endeavour to bolster your list, ensure it’s healthy, create new levels of competitiveness and that’s what we’ve been able to do by bringing Adam in and keeping Josh.

“Yeah, there’s pressure on for his spot and the role that he plays. He understands that and he’ll be treated the same as every other player.

“His teammates adore him, he’s always had close connections, and as much as it was a head scratcher, we’re in a good place with it.”

AFL Club
Fremantle

Beveridge also made an admission regarding the pre-season form of Josh Dunkley, who was unable to get to Essendon late last year after requesting a trade.

The 24-year-old cited more midfield time as a major reason for wanting the move to the Bombers after mixing his time between the forward line, middle and even in the ruck last year.

According to his coach, the 2016 premiership Dog has been below his best of late and will have to again prove himself before he is deployed as a permanent on-baller in 2021.

“I’ve been on record saying 'Dunks' and I are really close away from the club as much as that coach-player relationship,” Beveridge added.

“Look, we have moved on. Whatever the reasons were and the weight of the influence doesn’t really matter anymore.

“He has applied himself. He has trained extremely hard with the rest of the boys. He’s not at his best at the moment as far as his production on the ground.

“He didn’t play his best game against Hawthorn (last week). He’s fully aware that there’s pressure for game time in any role in our team.

“That’s what you do. Every year you endeavour to bolster your list, ensure it’s healthy, create new levels of competitiveness and that’s what we’ve been able to do by bringing Adam in and keeping Josh.

“Yeah, there’s pressure on for his spot and the role that he plays. He understands that and he’ll be treated the same as every other player.

“His teammates adore him, he’s always had close connections, and as much as it was a head scratcher, we’re in a good place with it.”
Head scratcher! Really.

AFL Club
Collingwood
C

Come to the Pies Josh......all the midfield time you want.