Competitions SCS Premier League Darts- World Championships - Tuesday 27th December @10:00pm AEDT

Which tournament scoring system would you like for 2023?

• Keep current scoring system- Points accumulated throughout season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL RESULTS

Michael Smith is the new World Champion!! The final result 7-4.
The match included one of the greatest legs of darts ever witnessed by fans. MvG and Smith battering 180's at each other, with MvG missing double 12 for a 9 dart finish, only for Smith to take out 141.

Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 9.38.35 am.png Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 9.38.13 am.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 9.37.44 am.png

It's a big commitment to buy in to a year round sport, one that many wouldn't have been as familiar with as they are now when we started.
Thanks to all participants and hope to see you in 2023, along with some new faces.

Kudos to @Rowsus and @Connoisseur for winning out the tight tussle with @KLo30 over the closing months in the battle for the prizes on offer. I will be in touch to pay those out once I see the SC leagues announced.​

AFL Club
Carlton

The match included one of the greatest legs of darts ever witnessed by fans. MvG and Smith battering 180's at each other, with MvG missing double 12 for a 9 dart finish, only for Smith to take out 141.

It's a big commitment to buy in to a year round sport, one that many wouldn't have been as familiar with as they are now when we started.

Thanks to all participants and hope to see you in 2023, along with some new faces.

Kudos to @Rowsus and @Connoisseur for winning out the tight tussle with @KLo30 over the closing months in the battle for the prizes on offer. I will be in touch to pay those out once I see the SC leagues announced.

Thank you Andrew for running this comp, it's been a great experience and I have rekindled my childhood memories of darts. With a renewed zest I look forward to 2023.

A big shout out to Adam and Kevin for there ongoing support providing countless updates, schedules etc, much appreciated.

Thank you Andrew for running this comp, it's been a great experience and I have rekindled my childhood memories of darts. With a renewed zest I look forward to 2023.

A big shout out to Adam and Kevin for there ongoing support providing countless updates, schedules etc, much appreciated.
Yep, Adam and Kevin were amazing with the updates they did throughout the course of the year.

Well done fellas.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

View attachment 50999 View attachment 51000
View attachment 51001

Kudos to @Rowsus and @Connoisseur for winning out the tight tussle with @KLo30 over the closing months in the battle for the prizes on offer. I will be in touch to pay those out once I see the SC leagues announced.​
Thanks for the comp, I quite enjoyed it, and learning about a new sport along the way. Thanks too to @Connoisseur and @tso for all the regular updates on the darts, it made picking players I had little idea about much easier.

Congrats on hitting 3000 points for the year, that's very impressive in terms of consistency in results. Well done too to all those at the top of the results.

Thanks for the comp, I quite enjoyed it, and learning about a new sport along the way. Thanks too to @Connoisseur and @tso for all the regular updates on the darts, it made picking players I had little idea about much easier.

Congrats on hitting 3000 points for the year, that's very impressive in terms of consistency in results. Well done too to all those at the top of the results.
That just became a late aim. It's a bit embarrassing winning a new platform in an unfamiliar sport you are trying to showcase. I would be just as happy finishing mid-table. I'm certain with the knowledge gained by all, that I can easily be replaced on next season's podium.

Fair bit of luck involved to get to the score I got to. Price's 2 9's was a kick start. Ross Smith was another that I was very lucky to get. All those little moments kind of added up.

AFL Club
Melbourne

View attachment 50999 View attachment 51000
View attachment 51001

Congrats and well done on running and winning the comp :cool:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Firstly, thank you Andrew for running the comp. You did an excellent job! As someone who has run many comps here, I can testify to how difficult it can be sometimes, so to stick at it, in a 12 month comp, to the level you did, is very admirable.
Secondly, congratulations on winning, and hitting your 3,000 point target.
I feel I was lucky to finish second, but it was daylight that really finished second!

Firstly, thank you Andrew for running the comp. You did an excellent job! As someone who has run many comps here, I can testify to how difficult it can be sometimes, so to stick at it, in a 12 month comp, to the level you did, is very admirable.
Secondly, congratulations on winning, and hitting your 3,000 point target.
I feel I was lucky to finish second, but it was daylight that really finished second!
Thanks Rowan. It was a lot of numbers haha.

Cheers. As stated above it is a little embarrassing. The 3000 point mark only became a reality when picking the last team. The thought hadn't entered my mind until I saw that the score with 1 team to pick was ~2860. Just used it as motivation to take the popular team as it turned out with the top 5 on the table all selecting that same team.

I was reviewing a few numbers. You gave up a 200 point start to Adam heading into the World Matchplay. Great run to come from there to finish 2nd. I had you by 230 points heading into the World Cup teams event, and that's basically the margin. Safe to say you were the form player in the back end of the comp.

Looking forward to defending my 2 titles, Grand Slam and UK Open. 😜
This morning I played around with a 10pts for highest - 1pt for lowest scoring system.

You came out 2nd on that type of scoring table, such was the good results you had in certain tournaments, and the bad.

I'd say that's a pure definition of you as a fantasy player Jim. Hit it out of the park with some uniques, and have to cop it on the chin with others.