Discussion Super Rugby Pacific RDT 2023 Discussion -Starts Friday 24th February

AFL Club
North Melb.
A few changes. Spending more on my centres now. Downgraded my hooker and backrower to fit R.Ioane in. Loading up on Blues & Highlanders with favourable matchups. Would like more Hurricanes players but most of them are too expensive.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.49.47 pm.png

AFL Club
Melbourne
A few changes. Spending more on my centres now. Downgraded my hooker and backrower to fit R.Ioane in. Loading up on Blues & Highlanders with favourable matchups. Would like more Hurricanes players but most of them are too expensive.

View attachment 68096
Note BLU HIG play each other 2nd game.
DRU seem to be the best option for dud loop early on.
See what i can come up with :oops:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thought I would give it a go so played around a few days ago but forgot about finalising. Can anyone give me a quick crash course and who I should be selecting?
IMG_2717.jpeg

AFL Club
North Melb.
Thought I would give it a go so played around a few days ago but forgot about finalising. Can anyone give me a quick crash course and who I should be selecting?
View attachment 68138
So i like going cheap in the props and locks given scoring is inconsistant and generally the FHs, centres & OBKs have the biggest ceiling & average more.

Backrowers i like getting in the best of the best as they are a bit more consistant generally and although they dont average that much, you can get what you paid for generally. Players like Sotutu, H.Wilson, L.Gleeson, Renton, Fai'ilangi & Valetini are worth their price.

Centres and OBKs should be loaded. There are plenty of options and generally i try to get players that have the best matchup/s for the rounds to come. In terms of centres Jordie Barrett is probably the one you want this round with a matchup with the Force.

OBKs are inconsistant but have massive ceilings and given that, players like Telea, Stevenson & Gilbert are worth investing in.

From there, i just look at team lists and fill my bench with cheapies that have been selected. There are plenty of cheap options in every position, my favourites are Petaia (CTR), Grealy (OBK), Fakatava (SH)

I honestly think you should aim to spend about 50-60% on the players in positions other than CTRs/OBKs and 40-50% on CTRs and OBKs

Good luck

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So i like going cheap in the props and locks given scoring is inconsistant and generally the FHs, centres & OBKs have the biggest ceiling & average more.

Backrowers i like getting in the best of the best as they are a bit more consistant generally and although they dont average that much, you can get what you paid for generally. Players like Sotutu, H.Wilson, L.Gleeson, Renton, Fai'ilangi & Valetini are worth their price.

Centres and OBKs should be loaded. There are plenty of options and generally i try to get players that have the best matchup/s for the rounds to come. In terms of centres Jordie Barrett is probably the one you want this round with a matchup with the Force.

OBKs are inconsistant but have massive ceilings and given that, players like Telea, Stevenson & Gilbert are worth investing in.

From there, i just look at team lists and fill my bench with cheapies that have been selected. There are plenty of cheap options in every position, my favourites are Petaia (CTR), Grealy (OBK), Fakatava (SH)

I honestly think you should aim to spend about 50-60% on the players in positions other than CTRs/OBKs and 40-50% on CTRs and OBKs

Good luck
Thank you very much.

Ended up with the following:
IMG_2718.jpeg

AFL Club
Brisbane
No points :unsure:

Lomax 4
Barrett. J 8
White 10
Barrett. S 44
Mcleod 12
Rehanna 22
Wright 22

7/122
Not sure how Union works... when I checked my team... that's what it showed... maybe won't show till Rd is finished... it's a learning curve for me

AFL Club
North Melb.
My highest scorer by a long way is on my bench. The Highlanders outside back worth 130k