Discussion Super Rugby Pacific RDT 2023 Discussion -Starts Friday 24th February

AFL Club
North Melb.
404. Im happy enough considering that my bench CTR (Paisami) scored 26 which was 4 more than Barrett and Ioane combined. I picked the right cheap OBK but because i loaded that position with Telea, Naholo & Gilbert, his 70 points were wasted on my bench. That 70 is 24 more than the 46 which was my highest onfield score.

I'm very happy with my props. Both scored 28 and Ma'u was only 69k - Bell at 155k. Fairly happy with my locks too. 44 between them and combined they were less than 190k. Backrowers were decent, got what i paid for really. Would've loved Sotutu but dropped him in order to get Barrett & Telea. Fakatava and Reihana look good for their respective teams and fantasy wise too.

Pretty happy with my team actually but more of the 50/50 calls went poorly. For instance, Paisami was originally my 2nd centre which allowed me to play Faessler at hooker and Sotutu in my backrow. Unfortunately upgrading to Ioane did not pay dividends but i expect him and Barrett to bounce back.

I was never going to play JR-K on field so while it hurts seeing the 70 on my bench, i am glad i have him and i cant claim to have stuffed that decision up. I nearly downgraded him to Grealy and im pretty glad i didnt.

Hopefully no trades this round as the dust settles.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Very happy to start the year off being 14th. Need to nail these rookies for cash though

View attachment 68236
Nice team. Give it another week and then use a boost to get in the best cash cows i reckon. The big name centres were terrible this round so while your centres only combined for 12, you arent too far behind the pack in that position - and you didnt spend up big. A lot of our forwards are the same so i obviously rate that. In fact, i had Faessler, Sotutu, Aumua & C.Clarke combo in my team before i decided to go for Barrett & Telea and i needed to drop down those players. Our team would've been very similar if i hadnt made those late changes.

Just on Levi Aumua, i actually went to school with him so im happy to cheer him on. Pretty nice guy, not super outgoing or arrogant and he is an absolute beast on the rugby field. In grade 10 he was huge and now he is even bigger. His tackle busting numbers are pretty insane. Not completely sure if he quite has the conditioning to play out the full 80 in a fast paced game but he can absolutely do plenty of damage in 55-65 minutes.

AFL Club
Sydney
Nice team. Give it another week and then use a boost to get in the best cash cows i reckon. The big name centres were terrible this round so while your centres only combined for 12, you arent too far behind the pack in that position - and you didnt spend up big. A lot of our forwards are the same so i obviously rate that. In fact, i had Faessler, Sotutu, Aumua & C.Clarke combo in my team before i decided to go for Barrett & Telea and i needed to drop down those players. Our team would've been very similar if i hadnt made those late changes.

Just on Levi Aumua, i actually went to school with him so im happy to cheer him on. Pretty nice guy, not super outgoing or arrogant and he is an absolute beast on the rugby field. In grade 10 he was huge and now he is even bigger. His tackle busting numbers are pretty insane. Not completely sure if he quite has the conditioning to play out the full 80 in a fast paced game but he can absolutely do plenty of damage in 55-65 minutes.
Cheers mate, even though Telea is an absolute monster I couldn't justify spending 630k on a player so had to spread the funds and went light in CTR. I spent about 500k on Mo'unga either last year or the year before and he averaged terribly for his price, so I'm hoping Telea comes down to something reasonable. Sotutu is so good, one of my first picked every year.I was 6k short of going Faessler > Aumua but it kind of worked out so far
Yeah Aumua is a big lad lol, sadly he might be making way for Barrett

AFL Club
North Melb.
Cheers mate, even though Telea is an absolute monster I couldn't justify spending 630k on a player so had to spread the funds and went light in CTR. I spent about 500k on Mo'unga either last year or the year before and he averaged terribly for his price, so I'm hoping Telea comes down to something reasonable. Sotutu is so good, one of my first picked every year.I was 6k short of going Faessler > Aumua but it kind of worked out so far
Yeah Aumua is a big lad lol, sadly he might be making way for Barrett

Yeah fair call with regards to Telea. He scored 38 without doing much by his standards. I had Caleb Clarke/Stevenson in his spot but i decided i didnt want to miss out on Telea. Im hopeful he scores something 50+ this round given he will be my VC and maybe he doesnt lose too much value by round 4. We will see though. So far, kudos for not picking him.

For me, it was either McKenzie or Telea given i couldnt fit both in a team that i was happy with. I havent heard word about McKenzie's injury but i hope for his sake that its not too bad.

My biggest question coming into round 2 is - if all my OBKs are picked on field - whether i play Ratumaivuki-Kneepkens after he was by far my highest scorer last round and was my 4th OBK to play so couldnt loop in his score. Im tempted to leave him out again and if he goes massive again, i might trade Noholo down to a cheapie not playing, but that seems unlikely.

As for Aumua v Barrett...Barrett almost every day, but Aumua is potentially still worth close to his price. Obviously he has come over from Moana Pasifika to the Crusaders so it may take a bit of time to gel with his new teammates. We will see i guess.

AFL Club
North Melb.
342 (893rd)

89k spare after

View attachment 68240
Would be interesting to see JRK's BE. I assume it would already be negative and will go further south if he plays this weekend. Im happy to have him but i feel like everyone will be trading him in after round 2, negating most of the benefit that i got out of him. Infact, i considered picking C.Tiatia instead of JRK and Tiatia did great too

AFL Club
North Melb.
Looks like i'll have over half my team playing in the first game (Blues v Highlanders) - 8 players

Tempted to decrease my exposure slightly but ill see team sheets first and then think about trades. I might downgrade Renton and upgrade my bench hooker.

I can swing Renton > R.Leota & Slater > A.Aumua

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 9.16.11 am.png

AFL Club
North Melb.
1k short of Fai'ilagi > Leota & Eklund > A.Aumua :(

Im not using a boost so i will go Fai'ilagi > Gamble & Eklund > Aumua

So R.Ioane & Reihana are out but i can replace them with Lynagh & Paisami so that is fine. Obviously Fai'ilagi is out but ive traded him.

Then Beehre & Ma'u have been benched. I'll bring T.Savage on for Beehre as he has gone from starting on the bench last week to starting in the 15. Ma'u i will leave on my field despite him being benched. I only have Thompson-Stringer as backup and he is on the bench once more.

Here is my team. Reihana can be my donut

I was worried about too much exposure in the first game but it has been reduced from 4 Blues and 4 Highlanders to 1 Blue and still 4 Highlanders

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 3.03.26 pm.png