Discussion Things To Occupy Our Minds In The Break.

AFL Club
Sydney
Movie trivia via IMDB-

Provide the name of the film and/or the missing actor/actress-

1. The budget wouldn't cover police assistance for traffic control, so in the scene where ? forces a woman out of her car and drives off in it, he could only do so when the traffic lights were green.

2. ? did not memorize most of his lines and read from cue cards during most of the film.

3. ? said that for many years after doing this movie, young men would tell her that she was the first woman they had sexual fantasies about.

4. The scene involving a Baby Ruth candy bar being thrown into the swimming pool was based on a real-life incident at ? high school.

5. According to ? he was allowed to keep the treasure map used in the film. Several years later his mother Patty Duke discovered it, thought it was just a crinkled piece of paper, and threw it in the trash.

6. Throughout production ? had problems with various film executives not respecting his contract's stipulation of non-interference and several spies arrived on set to report what they saw to the executives. When the executives would sometimes arrive on set unannounced the entire cast and crew would suddenly start playing softball until they left.

7. ? was surprised to find that his film was attracting a lot of attention from various religious groups, meditative gurus, and other parties who were into metaphysics. ? was particularly surprised, as he was expecting a backlash against him.

8. ? also ran into trouble with the IRS and had to flee the country once his scenes were completed. If he spent more than a certain amount of time in the U.S., he would face a tax liability. To circumvent that, ? was flown to Canada on his days off.

9. Two hundred hard-boiled eggs were provided for one of the film's most famous sequences. Due to clever editing, ? only ate about eight altogether. The rest were consumed by the cast and crew, which led to extreme cases of flatulence the next day.

10. To get ? in the right agitated mood, he was fed only cheese sandwiches for two weeks, which he hates.

2. Marlon Brando / Godfather
3. Have a stab at Shannon Elizabeth / American Pie, but it could be Phoebe Cates in Fast Times
4. Caddyshack
10. Jack Nicholson / Shining

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2. Marlon Brando / Godfather
3. Have a stab at Shannon Elizabeth / American Pie, but it could be Phoebe Cates in Fast Times
4. Caddyshack
10. Jack Nicholson / Shining
2 and 10 correct.
4 correct film and missing the actor.

3. Incorrect- The film was mentioned in Rowsus’s movie quotes.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
3. Is The Graduate/ Anne Bancroft

4. The missing component is Doyle Murray's High School, the writer of the Caddyshack. That's the story, however it's likely a likable myth. Mythbusters busted the myth of a Baby Ruth bar being a floater rather than a sinker.

5. Patty Duke's son is Sean Astin and the treasure map in from The Goonies

9. Cool Hand Luke/ Paul Newman

8. That's tough. Nicholas Cage had huge IRS issues.

Last edited:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
3. Is The Graduate/ Anne Bancroft

4. The missing component is Doyle Murray's High School, the writer of the Caddyshack. That's the story, however it's likely a likable myth. Mythbusters busted the myth of a Baby Ruth bar being a floater rather than a sinker.

5. Patty Duke's son is Sean Astin and the treasure map in from The Goonies

9. Cool Hand Luke/ Paul Newman

8. That's tough. Nicholas Cage had huge IRS issues.
3,4,5 and 9 are correct.

A hint for 8 is - loan shark.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
3,4,5 and 9 are correct.

A hint for 8 is - loan shark.
8. ? also ran into trouble with the IRS and had to flee the country once his scenes were completed. If he spent more than a certain amount of time in the U.S., he would face a tax liability. To circumvent that, ? was flown to Canada on his days off.

Robert Shaw in "Jaws"?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Robert Shaw in "Jaws"?
Correct.

1, 6 and 7 still unanswered.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Well I'm Dazed and Confused with this question. It's probably Much Ado About Nothing. I have a Sliver of hope in answering this question. However, can I offer you an Indecent Proposal to give me a better clue? In A Perfect World, with a bit of Hocus Pocus, and without Malice, Poetic Justice would prevail and the answer wouldn't be such a Cliffhanger.

The most controversial movie of 1993 was Philadelphia, could this be The Fugitive we've been looking for? Or this again Groundhog Day?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well I'm Dazed and Confused with this question. It's probably Much Ado About Nothing. I have a Sliver of hop in answering this question. However, can I offer you an Indecent Proposal to give me a better clue? In A Perfect World, with a bit of Hocus Pocus, and without Malice, Poetic Justice would prevail and the answer wouldn't be such a Cliffhanger.

The most controversial movie of 1993 was Philadelphia, could this be The Fugitive we've been looking for? Or this again Groundhog Day?
Correct.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Who Am I?

I'm a current AFL player.
It took me 85 games before I played against all the other 17 AFL teams, however before I played that last team, to give me "the full set", I had played against one team 11 times!!!

PM/Message your answer.
Anyone answered this one correct? Or incorrect?

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Only incorrect so far.

Here's a hint: The player in question changed clubs, very early in his career!
17 clubs means one of two things. When at his first club he never played a senior game or he still has one club to play against (possibly his original or current club).

AFL Club
Collingwood
Only incorrect so far.

Here's a hint: The player in question changed clubs, very early in his career!
RE: ...........I had played against one team 11 times!!! ..........

With the large number of AFL teams means teams don't play each other twice each year. Interstate teams play each other more often then Victorian teams would, so is this player a South Australian?