Discussion 2024: AFL RDT Dream Team Discussion [SCS RDT Group code is 291973]

AFL Club
West Coast
Firstly... congrats on your great season to date. Killing it.

He's only getting 3 extra trades, the same as you are. He will be missing a lot of players in Round 15 and that will be an opportunity for you to use those 3 trades better than he can.

He'll be missing an extra 2-3 Premiums than you so that's a good chance to try get some extra points. Just have to use your extra 3 trades wisely.
Thanks, appreciate it (y)

Have noticed the amount of round 15 players he will be missing so it is certainly a factor in my strategy going forward - his depth will be tested.

Regarding extra trades - it just would of been nice to have it confirmed officially that we were getting extra trades earlier, rather than assuming it would be the case as if it was assumed & it didn't happen then you end up in a real pickle. I sort of compromised on what I wanted to do trade wise which worked out well anyway tbh. I traded in Dylan Shiel as a POD with no bye to come, he produced a nice 105 yesterday which is a great score in this format.

AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks, appreciate it (y)

Have noticed the amount of round 15 players he will be missing so it is certainly a factor in my strategy going forward - his depth will be tested.

Regarding extra trades - it just would of been nice to have it confirmed officially that we were getting extra trades earlier, rather than assuming it would be the case as if it was assumed & it didn't happen then you end up in a real pickle. I sort of compromised on what I wanted to do trade wise which worked out well anyway tbh. I traded in Dylan Shiel as a POD with no bye to come, he produced a nice 105 yesterday which is a great score in this format.
The exact wording on their Facebook post on July 22nd was... "We'll take a similar approach with additional trades and Best 18 scoring for future rounds where byes apply and/or we have additional compressed fixtures. We'll confirm and make relevant announcements as fixtures are released."

One thing that's always served me well over the years with Fantasy sports competitions is to know the rules and scoring systems back to front. And to keep up with any and all updates to the rules.

I see that an opportunity for me to exploit the rules and scoring systems to the maximum possible advantage... And hope that others don't read all the fine print and let things slip.

So I factored in that we'd be getting a few extra trades when the rest of the teams had their Bye's... And traded aggressively and accordingly.

It could have backfired for me and I could have been left with no extra trades... But after seeing their post that all future rounds would be treated the same... I was confident I would get the extra 3-4 trades depending on how they split the upcoming Bye's.

Hopefully the leader is either out of trades or only has 1 or two left... And will have less of an opportunity to fix issues. He looks to have played things really well getting out to a sizeable points advantage, And having a sky high Team Value. Will be hard to catch but We are all rooting for you to give a red hot crack.

POD's will be the way to go for you, and hope injury cripples his POD's. An all or nothing approach.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
DREAM TEAM

- Bye-affected rounds 14, 15 and 16 will revert to Best 18 scoring, with a maximum of 3 trades available for each round.
- Therefore, an additional 3 trades will be added to the season total (now up to 31 for the season). These trades will be made available ahead of round 13.
- Rounds 13, 17 and 18 operate as usual (22 scoring players as selected, max 2 trades per round).
- Your league H2H season will conclude at round 13 as currently set. H2H league finals will commence in round 14 and conclude in round 18 - with round 15 being a ‘bye’ week in your leagues. So, you will play a regular 4-week finals campaign over rounds 14, 16, 17 and 18). Round 15 will otherwise count for total points.
- Similarly, Dream Team Eliminator will skip round 15 and now conclude in round 18 (as opposed to previously planned round 17).
Thanks mate, very helpful.

AFL Club
West Coast
Firstly... congrats on your great season to date. Killing it.

He's only getting 3 extra trades, the same as you are. He will be missing a lot of players in Round 15 and that will be an opportunity for you to use those 3 trades better than he can.

He'll be missing an extra 2-3 Premiums than you so that's a good chance to try get some extra points. Just have to use your extra 3 trades wisely.
I just had another look at his team, I know there a few on this forum in the top 10 so thought I would share & give everyone some hope.

I count 8 missing from round 15, 4 in rounds 14 & 16.

Best 18 scoring in those rounds but that round 15 looms large.

His bench cover is isn't that great :- Skinner,Bennell, North, Hamill (not sure on his concussion status), Darcy Cameron (1 huge game v crows).

It looks to me that he has done a bit of sideways trading of premiums.

AFL Club
Adelaide
I just had another look at his team, I know there a few on this forum in the top 10 so thought I would share & give everyone some hope.

I count 8 missing from round 15, 4 in rounds 14 & 16.

Best 18 scoring in those rounds but that round 15 looms large.

His bench cover is isn't that great :- Skinner,Bennell, North, Hamill (not sure on his concussion status), Darcy Cameron (1 huge game v crows).

It looks to me that he has done a bit of sideways trading of premiums.
From the calculations i have been keeping last week he went sideways from Bailey Williams to Rory Laird, using just the 1 trade.

He will likely go sideways again this week as he has houston to deal with and only BZT/Hamill (not playing) on the bench

AFL Club
Adelaide
Current top 10 fun facts

All coaches have Grundy and only 1 coach has held Gawn
6 coaches have moved their R2 to Goldstein while the remainder have Draper, O'Brien and McInerney respectively
6 coaches have Houston to deal with this week.
2 coaches have Sicily to deal with this week
2 coaches would be feeling the pain having traded Bailey Smith last round to have him go on for the second highest score of the round
1 coach has (like me :cry:) the dreaded Sicily/Houston combo
all 10 coaches held Devon Smith
all 10 coaches also have Neale, Macrae, Mitchell, Petracca and Whitfield

AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't have Houston or Sicily ;)
Kept Bailey Smith, traded Gawn > Goldy 2 weeks ago.
all looking like good moves!

I assume Coach Rids will be trying to craft everything he can for that round 15 week. It is looming as a huge shaper of the ranks for the year. If there is any extra carnage/resting with popular players he could come back to the pack with a crash after what has been an amazing year thus far to get away to such a lead. I only count 14 premiums that he has on field thus far in that round and 4 rookies that at this stage are likely prospects. Other top 10 coaches already have up to 17 premiums as likely starters in that round.

It is going to be an interesting few bye rounds!

AFL Club
West Coast
all looking like good moves!

I assume Coach Rids will be trying to craft everything he can for that round 15 week. It is looming as a huge shaper of the ranks for the year. If there is any extra carnage/resting with popular players he could come back to the pack with a crash after what has been an amazing year thus far to get away to such a lead. I only count 14 premiums that he has on field thus far in that round and 4 rookies that at this stage are likely prospects. Other top 10 coaches already have up to 17 premiums as likely starters in that round.

It is going to be an interesting few bye rounds!
Yep - that round is going to be defining, from what I can see I don't think his cash generation has been great lately & there has been sideways trading, bench cover is going to be very handy I think in the run home.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I know coach Rids is/was heavily involved with the Coaches Panel, last week it was mentioned on their podcast that they were looking at interviewing him soon. Certainly watch that space over the coming rounds if it is to eventuate.

AFL Club
Geelong
Current top 10 fun facts

6 coaches have moved their R2 to Goldstein while the remainder have Draper, O'Brien and McInerney respectively
2 coaches would be feeling the pain having traded Bailey Smith last round to have him go on for the second highest score of the round
I have the Sicily/Houston combo too - who are you thinking of trading them too?

AFL Club
Adelaide
I have the Sicily/Houston combo too - who are you thinking of trading them too?
I don't have lloyd and can get sicily with him with all my bank so it only leaves me with people under 555k for Houston. if you then take out players who have had their bye I got it down to Lloyd and one of Dawson/Blakely/Thurlow or going with two of Ryan/Ridley/Mills and missing on the Seagull.

I am thinking I won't lock in a loss and hope not taking Lloyd doesn't burn me so at this stage Luke Ryan/Callum Mills is my combo

AFL Club
Geelong
I don't have lloyd and can get sicily with him with all my bank so it only leaves me with people under 555k for Houston. if you then take out players who have had their bye I got it down to Lloyd and one of Dawson/Blakely/Thurlow or going with two of Ryan/Ridley/Mills and missing on the Seagull.

I am thinking I won't lock in a loss and hope not taking Lloyd doesn't burn me so at this stage Luke Ryan/Callum Mills is my combo
I'm in exactly the same position haha
Either Lloyd and Thurlow or Mills and Ridley is what i've narrowed it to

AFL Club
Essendon
Current top 10 fun facts

Yep I'm the one with the Houston/ Sicily double...
Finding it hard choosing two players I want...