Position 2024: MIDFIELD DISCUSSION

AFL Club
GWS Giants
I've seen Green mentioned a few times and his easy draw to start the season. I'm not sure I like it tbh and he looks far from a flat track bully. His record against poor teams isn't good and I wonder if that's because it'll be more an outside quick flowing game. Someone like a Kelly might benefit more.

Thoughts on this?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've seen Green mentioned a few times and his easy draw to start the season. I'm not sure I like it tbh and he looks far from a flat track bully. His record against poor teams isn't good and I wonder if that's because it'll be more an outside quick flowing game. Someone like a Kelly might benefit more.

Thoughts on this?
As a habitual Kelly owner I can confirm he does feast usually once a season on bottom dweller. This is a good choice. For the first 3 rounds. But he's on my don't do it to myself again list atm. Might have to get the white out out. But not yet.

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jhye Clark? Any news on him? 42% owned currently, including me but haven't seen any content about him?

8. Jhye Clark (Geelong) $123,900 MID
The local star Geelong snared in the Jack Bowes trade is ready to step up as the Cats transition toward a more youthful team. Clark played six VFL games last year and although his numbers weren’t huge, he registered 29 disposals and five marks in a game against Coburg. The No. 7 draft pick only featured once for Geelong as the sub in 2023, finishing with six disposals and five tackles against Richmond.

And from this link:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1072185...year-old missed,season due to another setback.

Clark hasn't played a game since suffering a navicular stress reaction in his foot following his highly anticipated AFL debut against Richmond in round nine, where the Queenscliff product collected six disposals and five tackles in just over a quarter after being activated as the sub.

The 2022 No.8 pick was set to play in the 22 against Fremantle the following week before scans discovered the season-ending issue, after Clark reported foot soreness.

Much like Henry, Geelong's medical department have opted for a conservative approach with Clark across the first block of pre-season, with the young midfielder wearing the yellow non-contact hat and only partaking in half of training on Friday.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jhye Clark? Any news on him? 42% owned currently, including me but haven't seen any content about him?

The local star Geelong snared in the Jack Bowes trade is ready to step up as the Cats transition toward a more youthful team. Clark played six VFL games last year and although his numbers weren’t huge, he registered 29 disposals and five marks in a game against Coburg. The No. 7 draft pick only featured once for Geelong as the sub in 2023, finishing with six disposals and five tackles against Richmond.

And from this link:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1072185/geelong-cats-jack-henry-jhye-clark-return-to-full-training-2024-season-injury#:~:text=The 25-year-old missed,season due to another setback.

Clark hasn't played a game since suffering a navicular stress reaction in his foot following his highly anticipated AFL debut against Richmond in round nine, where the Queenscliff product collected six disposals and five tackles in just over a quarter after being activated as the sub.

The 2022 No.8 pick was set to play in the 22 against Fremantle the following week before scans discovered the season-ending issue, after Clark reported foot soreness.

Much like Henry, Geelong's medical department have opted for a conservative approach with Clark across the first block of pre-season, with the young midfielder wearing the yellow non-contact hat and only partaking in half of training on Friday.
Sounds highly unlikely for round 1.

Think he’s just a placeholder for most at the moment.

Plenty of mids at his price or less who appear more likely for round 1, namely Wehr, Sharp, Hall, McAuliffe and Mannagh.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

And from this link:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1072185/geelong-cats-jack-henry-jhye-clark-return-to-full-training-2024-season-injury#:~:text=The 25-year-old missed,season due to another setback.

It was a challenging first year for the No. 8 draft pick. He played his way into the AFL team as the sub after a block of six VFL games, but suffered a foot injury which kept him out for the rest of the season. The signs are good that the 19-year-old midfielder is ready to go again.

AFL Club
Essendon
J Lyons:
Price: $258,000
10 matches (inc finals) in 2023. Subbed on or off in 8 matches. Two non subbed matches were 89 and 114.

Gather he is still on the fringe of the best 22 and a sub candidate?
The only 2 non-sub games was when he was replacing Dunkley.

Even when Ashcroft got injured he didn't get a look in.

Looks as though unless Dunkley or maybe Neale cop an injury then he won't get a look in.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I've got an odd amount of cash left over that's giving me a stepping stone M6.

Someone who I'm happy to flick to a premium with an early bye after some cash gain/premium drop.

Can you rate the options (or give other ones) for cash generation and keeper chance?

Wines vs JHF vs Wardlaw

AFL Club
Fremantle
100 vs 90 vs 85
$70k vs $80k vs $100k
I haven't got the calculator out, just guesses from me. Very little chance of being keepers.
I don't think they're bad picks. But I'm struggling to see how they're great picks when we seem to have a lot of other options this year.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I've got an odd amount of cash left over that's giving me a stepping stone M6.

Someone who I'm happy to flick to a premium with an early bye after some cash gain/premium drop.

Can you rate the options (or give other ones) for cash generation and keeper chance?

Wines vs JHF vs Wardlaw
As much as I try to leave personal bias at the door surely it has to be Wardlaw Leroy!!
I’m sure you’ve seen the intra-club footage where he dominated. Such a super talent and from all reports no hamstring setbacks at all this preseason which is a massive tick.