Strategy 2024: Round 13 Trades

Richards looked fantastic in that midfield role. I'm looking at going there but after rd 15 to complete the team. I'm less worried about him losing CBAs even with Libba back in the team.

AFL Club
Essendon
Hey all - thought I'd get some assistance. By my count I'll have 18 before trades in Round 14 and 16 before trades in Round 15, so in a little bit of trouble.

Thinking this week of going:
Graham to Aleer
Darcy to Fisher
R. Garcia to Dawson

And then next week upgrading Andrew to Houston and moving on Wilson to Zorko (will need a third trade to facilitate). Leaves me with 10 trades and D6/Fyfe as my last spots to upgrade. Open to any thoughts though. Screenshot_20240605_072805_Chrome.jpg

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Hey all - thought I'd get some assistance. By my count I'll have 18 before trades in Round 14 and 16 before trades in Round 15, so in a little bit of trouble.

Thinking this week of going:
Graham to Aleer
Darcy to Fisher
R. Garcia to Dawson

And then next week upgrading Andrew to Houston and moving on Wilson to Zorko (will need a third trade to facilitate). Leaves me with 10 trades and D6/Fyfe as my last spots to upgrade. Open to any thoughts though. View attachment 73923
You could do Darcy + Wilson + Graham to Dawson, Fisher and a 565k defender. Next week would be Garcia to Dowling and Andrew to Houston

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Little bit of a unique team, plenty of has-been SC royalty which means nothing this season. No Zorko, still have trouble trusting him and I know as soon as I bring him in he'll get injured or do something stupid. Some coin still in McKercher and Moyle for maybe a couple of luxury upgrades. Hoping Gulden has a good end to the season

1717541584887.png

AFL Club
St Kilda
Other than english, I cant see any must ins this week if you have a complete midfield;
yeo - after bye
young - after bye
rozee - weeks away
rankine - after bye
richards - after bye
zorko - high BE

could grab guys like moore and blakey this week but the above are, imo, better options worth waiting a week or two on with best 18

AFL Club
Collingwood
Little bit of a unique team, plenty of has-been SC royalty which means nothing this season. No Zorko, still have trouble trusting him and I know as soon as I bring him in he'll get injured or do something stupid. Some coin still in McKercher and Moyle for maybe a couple of luxury upgrades. Hoping Gulden has a good end to the season

View attachment 73924
Awesome side. A bit of envy here! Can I suggest you put Dawson in Defence, McKercher in the mids and Breville forward? Doesn’t matter so much in the bye rounds, but post byes means you have better coverage. Breville can cover all lines.
Feels like getting Ryan for Stewart next week and perhaps Fyfe up to Rankine when he comes back and there may not need to be any more luxury trades. great side. Makes me realize why I am ranked 29k when I see this.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Made the terrible mistake of trading in Jordan Dawson last week against my better judgement - reversed my trade to bring in Salem at the last minute which would have left me with plenty of cash this week for a double upgrade and a much stronger team.

Is there consensus on Dawson for rest of the season in terms of top 10 mid? I'm really tempted to rage trade Dawson this week to a Sydney (Warner) or Brisbane (Neale, Dunkley, Zorko) premo and avoid Dawson's bye, price drop and overall injury and performance concerns - is this advisable, or better to wait it out given the Crouch injury and the fact the Crows play Richmond this week?

Hating having to make decisions prior to the bounce on a Thursday night!

Made the terrible mistake of trading in Jordan Dawson last week against my better judgement - reversed my trade to bring in Salem at the last minute which would have left me with plenty of cash this week for a double upgrade and a much stronger team.

Is there consensus on Dawson for rest of the season in terms of top 10 mid? I'm really tempted to rage trade Dawson this week to a Sydney (Warner) or Brisbane (Neale, Dunkley, Zorko) premo and avoid Dawson's bye, price drop and overall injury and performance concerns - is this advisable, or better to wait it out given the Crouch injury and the fact the Crows play Richmond this week?

Hating having to make decisions prior to the bounce on a Thursday night!
A lot depends on your trade count relative to the upgrades you have to do. If you are running low on trades you might just have to live with last week's decision.

As for the player, if this injury worsens and he misses games you probably should trade. His relatively low CBA count has worked in his favour for SC scoring, and he has the best draw remaining as a winger in the league, but his draw as a CBA mid is only middle of the pack. I think its fair to say he has had scaling and a few other factors go his way in terms of putting up the great scores he has recently.

Overall though if the injury is apparently not that serious and short-term I would tend to hold and roll with whatever comes from here.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A lot depends on your trade count relative to the upgrades you have to do. If you are running low on trades you might just have to live with last week's decision.

As for the player, if this injury worsens and he misses games you probably should trade. His relatively low CBA count has worked in his favour for SC scoring, and he has the best draw remaining as a winger in the league, but his draw as a CBA mid is only middle of the pack. I think its fair to say he has had scaling and a few other factors go his way in terms of putting up the great scores he has recently.

Overall though if the injury is apparently not that serious and short-term I would tend to hold and roll with whatever comes from here.
The irony is I traded out Rozee due to injury to bring in Dawson :cry: - I'm definitely cutting it fine with remaining trades and feeling like it's going to be a hold unless the inury becomes more serious like you say