Strategy 2024: Round 13 Trades

AFL Club
Essendon
I’m using all 3 trades this week, first 2 are set, the last is either Clohesy out Green in, or Comben out Gulden in, I prefer Gulden’s match up against the Cats and relative low ownership with most finishing their midfields early compared to Greens higher ownership also with Green not hitting the ton twice last year against the Hawks and a BE of 112 I feel I could wait a week, problem is Comben has a low BE and a nice run coming up. FWIW my first trade is a virtual straight swap of Wilson to Fisher, maybe Bolton is the only viable player under Fishers price I could get in but Fisher suits my bye set up. Thoughts on this? Thanks in advance

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Richards looked fantastic in that midfield role. I'm looking at going there but after rd 15 to complete the team. I'm less worried about him losing CBAs even with Libba back in the team.
Same. Bevo early in the season flagged the mid mix needed refreshing. And it one of the rare things he was correct about.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Current update to my constant tinkering.

Darcy, wilson, clohesy out
Neale, Fisher, Dawson in.

Desperately want heeney however he has a slightly higher b.e. and neale will jump in value. 480k in the bank so heeney in next week.

Can afford dunkley, heeney and Fisher this week just. It means picking dunkley over neale.

Also entertaining holding Darcy one week. And trading clarry out instead. Then it can be heeney, neale, Fisher in. And another upgrade next week.

Almost hoping Dawson is dropped so it takes him away as an option.

AFL Club
Carlton
Who to trade out to bring in W. Dawson: Zach Reid or Rogers/H.Garcia?

Also have Pink on Def bench so not great cover if a defender is ever out for a week.

AFL Club
Essendon
Who to trade out to bring in W. Dawson: Zach Reid or Rogers/H.Garcia?

Also have Pink on Def bench so not great cover if a defender is ever out for a week.
Normally I'd say trade someone that unlocks some cash, but if you have Pink and Reid on your def bench, it limits your options quite a bit in terms of cover or flex. Maybe take this chance to get Reid out and put a DPP guy in his place, which means at least you have some options if you need.

AFL Club
Richmond
Currently leaning towards just Oliver > Warner. I could force a 1 up 1 down with RGarcia and Graham instead, but I can't quite reach the 600k r12 bye premos I want to finish the team, and the cheaper premos (and Mcmullin being F only as i grabbed Dawson last week) all ruin my r15 bye structure. Instead these two will hold another week and together along with Sullivan hopefully a rookie or two present themselves to allow me to grab Zorko in r15 to complete the team with a full 22 premos. luxury trades from then on!
1717630953712.png

AFL Club
West Coast
Just catching up on everything after being away, current team :-

Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 8.39.53 am.png
Cash: $15,200

Main issues:-

Reid & Hore both injured on defender bench - think I read Reid's a long termer?

Sweet - Soldo back now

Wilson high BE, maybe time to go

Possible trade ins:-

W Dawson to provide a link with Sexton/ defence cover so comes in for Reid/Hore

Fisher - might be a top 6 fwd now

Grundy/English to fill the R2 spot

McNeil on the bubble but not sure on JS along with McMullin

Really stumped which way to go this week...

AFL Club
Richmond

Sweet - Soldo back now

Looks like R2 is really your only position that *needs* to be filled (albeit by the end of the byes) if you count Sexton as a keeper. So I would be looking at Sweet and Wilson out for WDawson and English or Grundy. I think that's within your budget so the other thing I would be looking at with the third trade is trading out JDawson for someone coming off their bye and not carrying an injury like he is. Neale, Dunkley, Warner, LDU, Gulden, take your pick.

AFL Club
Geelong

View attachment 73936

Sweet - Soldo back now

I'd prioritise getting Wilson up to Fisher for less than 100k, team in a nice spot. How many trades left?

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1717636922713.png
Current team before trades. 13 left. $85,600 in the bank.

Option A: Wilson and Darcy to Zorko and Dawson. Gets me the strongest fwd premo available but leaves me fielding 20 this week with deadwood Hore and Reid in the backline and offering no future cover. $136k in the bank.

Option B: Wilson and Hore to Moore and Dawson. Gives me a slightly compromise pick in Moore but gives me 21 on field and sets up Dawson as cover at D7, as well as the capacity to swing him with Sexton and Fisher. $20k in the bank.

Option C: Wilson, Darcy and Hore to Zorko, Gray and Dawson. Gets me Zorko, Dawson in defence, 21 on field this week and the flexibility of the basement price floating dount in Gray, but burns an extra trade and brings in a player unlikely to generate cash or be useful on field in the event of mass injuries. $182k in the bank.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

AFL Club
Geelong
Are you planning on flipping Oliver?I'm on the fence as to whether I do it this week or wait until after my team is fully premium. Huge BE this week is annoying me @Shannon

AFL Club
West Coast
Are you planning on flipping Oliver?I'm on the fence as to whether I do it this week or wait until after my team is fully premium. Huge BE this week is annoying me @Shannon
No, want to get to full premium first - will assess next week.

Just caught up on the J Dawson news, almost missed last week & sounds like Z Reid is out for awhile but Hore is only 1/2 weeks.

So thinking of going :

Z Reid/Wilson/ Dawson > W Dawson, Fisher, Gulden

Leaves me looking like this :-

Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 10.03.57 am.png

Just the R2 spot to upgrade next week which can be funded with Sweet/McAuliffe/Freijah/Garcia/Reville, would like to get Rozee as a M9 cover also.

Bye situation is fine, like the flexibility of Fish/Sexton pairing with Dawson along with my mid/fwd rookies.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
No, want to get to full premium first - will assess next week.

Just caught up on the J Dawson news, almost missed last week & sounds like Z Reid is out for awhile but Hore is only 1/2 weeks.

So thinking of going :

Z Reid/Wilson/ Dawson > W Dawson, Fisher, Gulden

Leaves me looking like this :-

View attachment 73940

Just the R2 spot to upgrade next week which can be funded with Sweet/McAuliffe/Freijah/Garcia/Reville, would like to get Rozee as a M9 cover also.

Bye situation is fine, like the flexibility of Fish/Sexton pairing with Dawson along with my mid/fwd rookies.
Team progressing nicely there. English is still cheap cheap! Easy way to finish off :)

Can't believe they were like of Dawson was always pre-planned to walk laps during the week on a short break. SC'ers oh great, not issues then. Me, I'll put the VC on him. #lies

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Screenshot_20240606_130419_SuperCoach.jpg Screenshot_20240606_130455_SuperCoach.jpg

Upgrading Oliver to Bont. Holding ADL Dawson, hope his foot comes good.

I think Freo are onto something, I'll buy Baker too.

Thanks Sweet and Wilson, welcome NTH Dawson, you can take a seat on bench if BReville does his thing.

These 3 weeks it'll pay not to have a dedicated R/F FD on top of STK Garcia!

A full 22 plus 2 rookie loops this week. 18 non-rookies inc ZWilliams, Salem, excl Sexton.

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
Current team
Attachment-1.jpeg

Thinking:
Crouch, Sam Darcy, Wilson > Warner, LDU/Neale, McMullin.

Still tossing up between LDU and Neale, leaning toward LDU atm because of price, BE but mindful of Neale’s dependability and season finishing.

Not sold on McMullin either and might change if a likely MSD Is named.
Leaves me with 12 trades, 1 boost and $254 k Itb