Strategy BBL|09: SuperCoach BBL Trades Discussion

AFL Club
Sydney
Thinking these three trades to make sure I upgrade on my side whilst getting players that won’t price out of my squad’s salary cap:

Chris green > Maxwell
Lynn > Dunk
Sams > Q Ahmad

Targeting Maxwell for his double in round 5 as I already have 3 strikers (agar, Carey and M short) and have chosen dunk purely so I can get Carey, philippe and Banton on field without having to buy a loophole player.

Henriques has kept his spot in my squad purely because his price didn’t allow me to grab anyone else. Hoping he may redeem himself by bowling more overs than the solitary one he bowled.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I want to keep khawaja, but facing big billy and dangerous bowlers could mean early exit

whats Everyone thinking?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lynn dropped too much in value for me to be able to do the trades I had roughly planned out in pre-season.

Thinking Lynn, SOK and Hughes out. Will probably bring in Curran/Abbott, Green (Perth) and Maxwell/Khan. First spot is a coin flip for me, either should do OK for Rd 2 and 3 before they get traded out. Maxwell looked great, but Khan may be the better option to get now for that third spot with his two doubles coming up.

Possibly weakening my side a little bit this round by bringing in a bottom priced player in Green, but I think I have enough options to cover, as I kept two Strikers on the bench in the last round. Not too concerned about that, as Green seemed to be one of Perth's better batsmen in their first match - hopefully he keeps that up.

Fairly sure these trades should still get me roughly where I wanted to be for the R3 matches, but it will depend on the next lot of price changes. I hadn't planned much further than that yet.

AFL Club
Essendon
Will reconsider in the morning, but for now have gone:
Out: Cutting Vince, Khan
In: Stanlake, Carey, Khan

Gives me 5 Adelaide players for the DGW. I'll pick up 2 scorchers and a Sixer heading into Round 3, giving me 11 DGW for that round, or a Stars/Renegades player. I'm backing the Strikers to do a number on the Scorchers and Stars in Round 3. At the conclusion of Round 3, I'll start grabbing Stars and Renegades players to prepare for their DGW.

These trades would have my team look like:
Short, Curran, Philippe, Carey, Hales (Short, Green)
Banton (Nevill)
Khan, Green, Nair, Laughlin, Stanlake (Agar, Ellis)

I don't think personally chasing Ahmad's wickets makes sense.

Sam's to Rashid
Ferguson to Matt Short
Nair to Stanlake

Leaves Me with 10 DGR rd3 players. (Includes SOK)

Keeping Lynn for Rd 2 as a semi POD move

Keeping SOK as a semi POD move and possible captain loophole for rd2.

Phillipe, Banton and Carey, one of you boys is sitting out rd2, time to flip my 3 sided coin

AFL Club
Sydney
Trades at this point are Lynn,Laughlin and Sams to Qais,Rashid and Kerr or is this too extreme? Would mean playing one of M.Short or Kerr in my starting team

Just a thought

Can we sticky each round trade thread as we go,
Could be difficult to optimise input otherwise

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Trades at this point are Lynn,Laughlin and Sams to Qais,Rashid and Kerr or is this too extreme? Would mean playing one of M.Short or Kerr in my starting team
Depends who else you have. Just remember you have trades after R2 as well before the next lot of double games, you may want to work out which six trades you want to make by then to get a strong side for those games. Maybe save one of those trades for a couple of days if you don't want to play one of those two this round?

AFL Club
Sydney
Depends who else you have. Just remember you have trades after R2 as well before the next lot of double games, you may want to work out which six trades you want to make by then to get a strong side for those games. Maybe save one of those trades for a couple of days if you don't want to play one of those two this round?
This is my team if I went through with those trades

Khawaja
Ferguson
Banton
Hughes
M.Short

Phillippe

Curran
Abbott
Rashid
Qais
Cutting

Kerr
Sutherland
Peirson
Green
Ellis

Not enough money right now to get Rashid Khan so that's a job for next round so this week its:
Sams to Qais
Lynn to Carey
Harris to Cam Green

AFL Club
Essendon
Is 5 Strikers too many? I'm deciding between Stanlake and F Ahmed for my final trade in this week. There's the potential I bring in Stanlake anyway before Round 3, but I think that I need to get a second Scorcher in rather than have 5 Strikers... Would love some opinions!

AFL Club
Collingwood
I've gone Sams, Khawaja, Steketee to Rashid, Ahmed and Harper. This gives me 10 DGW for R3 and two weeks to get up to 6 more Stars/Renegades.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is 5 Strikers too many? I'm deciding between Stanlake and F Ahmed for my final trade in this week. There's the potential I bring in Stanlake anyway before Round 3, but I think that I need to get a second Scorcher in rather than have 5 Strikers... Would love some opinions!
I find that 5 from one team generally tips the balance. Personally, I choose a maximum of 4.