Opinion Questions For Rowsus

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey! Thanks,
I've traded in Houli.
Just as an update...my opponent traded out Sloane for Marshall....
VC Gawn was way below par so I need to get my C choice bang on here....decisions decisions!!!

@Rowsus @Darkie

Lads! hoping you get a chance to see this message before all the games this arvo! Yesterday's games had some major repercussions for my opponent, and I've seem to have somehow avoided any carnage...thus far!!
Now the situation is as per below!!!

1566088978601.png

We both have Laird and Grundy on the bench as (E) who will come in for Bines & Gardner in my team, and for Sweet & Gardner on his team.
Question now is though because his Fyfe (C) didn't really work out, I have the option of taking Gawn's VC score.

If I do and assuming my maths is correct, I would need 235 points from Yeo, Gaff, Dusty & Houli.....I think this *should* be possible even if Hutchings tags Dusty and he only scores 60 for the whole game...so right now I am kinda leaning towards taking Gawn's score...!!
Thoughts?! :censored::geek:

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
@Rowsus @Darkie

Lads! hoping you get a chance to see this message before all the games this arvo! Yesterday's games had some major repercussions for my opponent, and I've seem to have somehow avoided any carnage...thus far!!
Now the situation is as per below!!!

View attachment 10957

We both have Laird and Grundy on the bench as (E) who will come in for Bines & Gardner in my team, and for Sweet & Gardner on his team.
Question now is though because his Fyfe (C) didn't really work out, I have the option of taking Gawn's VC score.

If I do and assuming my maths is correct, I would need 235 points from Yeo, Gaff, Dusty & Houli.....I think this *should* be possible even if Hutchings tags Dusty and he only scores 60 for the whole game...so right now I am kinda leaning towards taking Gawn's score...!!
Thoughts?! :censored::geek:
I think your logic is correct, although I’m not 100% sure on the maths. I think there might also be an even better option available to you.

From what I can tell he should be 353 points ahead on current total (SC should confirm this) based on what we can see above, and his only players to come are ones you have as well ... so that’s what you need your four players (plus any change in VC) to score. On that basis I would play Gawn as VC and back in your premos. Each are projected at over 100, and Rowsus has shown above that Houli does very well at the MCG, so I think you are a favorite to win as things stand, and you would likely be reducing your chances if you switched VCs.

Assuming you have time and internet access later today, I think you can actually make the decision with even more info, if you also have someone like Macrae or Dunkley (anyone not from Rich or WC) as a viable captain backup. Your four unique players should be halfway through their games by the time Gardner locks out, so if for some reason they’re looking like missing 353 (assuming I’ve got this maths right), you can switch to a pod VC (let’s say Macrae) as a backup option to try to once again improve your chances.

Good luck!

AFL Club
West Coast
I think your logic is correct, although I’m not 100% sure on the maths. I think there might also be an even better option available to you.

From what I can tell he should be 353 points ahead on current total (SC should confirm this) based on what we can see above, and his only players to come are ones you have as well ... so that’s what you need your four players (plus any change in VC) to score. On that basis I would play Gawn as VC and back in your premos. Each are projected at over 100, and Rowsus has shown above that Houli does very well at the MCG, so I think you are a favorite to win as things stand, and you would likely be reducing your chances if you switched VCs.

Assuming you have time and internet access later today, I think you can actually make the decision with even more info, if you also have someone like Macrae or Dunkley (anyone not from Rich or WC) as a viable captain backup. Your four unique players should be halfway through their games by the time Gardner locks out, so if for some reason they’re looking like missing 353 (assuming I’ve got this maths right), you can switch to a pod VC (let’s say Macrae) as a backup option to try to once again improve your chances.

Good luck!
Yup you're bang on, he's 353 points ahead at the moment. 1511 to 1158
I will be watching the Richmond vs. WCE game. Macrae/Dunkley on standby if needed
Thanks (y)(y)

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
@Rumbler @Darkie

Nice going, Rumbler.
Darkie's advice, as you have indicated, is spot on.
I think it's likely you end up locking in Gawn, but waiting for more info is the key.
The problem with Macrae/Dunkley is we don't know where De Boer goes. He could even go the Bont, but that seems the least likely of the three.

At Halftime your 4 players are on 244. Barring injury or any unforeseen circumstance, it's looking pretty good!

AFL Club
West Coast
@Rowsus @Darkie

Judgement day is upon ME today! So here’s an update!

My current score is 1716, my opponent has 1595, we both have Gardner as (C) and Laird on the bench as (E). Looks like both of us will be taking the VC score..

So all I can do now is sit and pray his 4 unique players don’t go big today but at the same time hope Dusty fires and Boak brings it home for me!!

7A1E2565-066F-4561-A472-69552B42B4AA.jpeg CF7C6BF3-F3FE-4415-8BF8-B217948EC5D7.jpeg

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
@Rowsus @Darkie

My current score is 1716, my opponent has 1595, we both have Gardner as (C) and Laird on the bench as (E). Looks like both of us will be taking the VC score..

So all I can do now is sit and pray his 4 unique players don’t go big today but at the same time hope Dusty fires and Boak brings it home for me!!

View attachment 11162 View attachment 11163
Nice one mate, I reckon you’re in a good spot. He should probably put his C on a player with a high ceiling (even one of your common players) to try to claw back some points, but other than potentially mirroring that to neutralize a POD, you already have a great VC score and all you can really do is cross fingers that things go to plan and you secure the win!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
@Rowsus @Darkie

View attachment 11162 View attachment 11163
Thanks for the update, Rumbler.
I'd rather be in your shoes than his right now.
Good luck, I will follow it with interest!

AFL Club
West Coast
@Rowsus @Darkie

Final score 2792 to 2712! Winner! :D:D

Heroes :love::love:
Grundy, Gaff, Houli, Dusty, Yeo

Villains :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Billings, Boak, Merrett

But anyways it doesn't matter now! Will take home a decent cash prize ($150) from my work league! Can't thank you enough for all the help and advice!! The Yeo and Houli pickups over the past few weeks have been legit match winners!

Finished 11k overall in my first season at SC so I'm pretty happy! Thanks again!! (y)

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
@Rowsus @Darkie

Billings, Boak, Merrett

But anyways it doesn't matter now! Will take home a decent cash prize ($150) from my work league! Can't thank you enough for all the help and advice!! The Yeo and Houli pickups over the past few weeks have been legit match winners!

Finished 11k overall in my first season at SC so I'm pretty happy! Thanks again!! (y)
Congratulations, that’s a great result! Well ahead of me overall, maybe I should be asking you for advice ?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rowsus - more an observation than a question, but one you might find interesting.

I think I’m right in saying that never before has a player fallen below a 120 average, and then managed to get back to that level.

If that’s the case, the record has just been broken, by one Nat Fyfe. It’s fitting in my view, he’s still under-rated as an SC gun in my eyes.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rowsus - more an observation than a question, but one you might find interesting.

I think I’m right in saying that never before has a player fallen below a 120 average, and then managed to get back to that level.

If that’s the case, the record has just been broken, by one Nat Fyfe. It’s fitting in my view, he’s still under-rated as an SC gun in my eyes.
Not to derail this thread but I know my rule was to either start with him or not touch him .... wasted so many trades on him over the years ... willing to admit though that I got it wrong this year !!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
@Rowsus @Darkie

Billings, Boak, Merrett

Really happy for you, Rumbler! Well done!
The cash is not the main prize, the bragging rights for the next 12 months are gold!
I'm glad Darkie's and my advice was able to help in some small way. :) (y)

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne

How about this then?

No player that has been over 120 (in a season), then dropped below it, has ever gotten back over it again!

Amazingly, Fyfe went exactly 120.00!

These little rules are there to be broken, eventually.
They still hold relevance, even when the odd exception hits!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good evening (afternoon) Rowsus,

What % of his games played has Joel Selwood finished the match with a bandage wrapped around his head?

Cheers
Diabolical
:p
Afternoon, Diabolical.
It would be a great stat to have an answer on!
I'd also like to know, does Geelong's winning percentage go up, when it happens!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
I'm chuffed at the privilege of opening this thread for season 2020. I trust that you're well and truly rested for another 1,000+ questions coming your way @Rowsus :)

I've been cycling through the 'return from injury' players (Docherty, Roberton, Doedee, Mitchell & Smith) in & out of my teams without any conviction and/or reason for either of them to stay or not. Part of me is feeling the FOMO on their perceived value and part of me is telling me that they all carry an element of associated risk.

Should I be putting a line through all of them and take the 'wait and see' approach or should I be trying to slot them in where I can as their value is too hard to ignore...?

Interested in how you view them individually as starting prospect and how you would rank them in order from lowest to highest risk...?

Status
Not open for further replies.