Votes: 65 51.2%
  • Naismith ?

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • Other ?‍♂️

Votes: 37 29.1%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone going NicNat AND Naismith, or is it one or other?
Still thinking of running Naismith at R3 with Grundy & Nic Nat.

No Sinclair being named , certainly changed my thinking about Naismith.

Could provide cover if needed and also become a viable cash cow in a season of Rookie uncertainty

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah I am
NicNat is a no brainer this year with the shortened quarters
Naismith releases some of the salary cap squeeze and makes some money as well
hmmm. You have my attention re NicNat. Also makes taking Bailey Williams more interesting even if he doesn’t make rd 1 cut. Interested in what @Lost In The Sky thinks of NicNat possible management this year.

AFL Club
West Coast
hmmm. You have my attention re NicNat. Also makes taking Bailey Williams more interesting even if he doesn’t make rd 1 cut. Interested in what @Lost In The Sky thinks of NicNat possible management this year.
A lot depends on what the fixture looks like. If it's a condensed schedule it will hurt all players but it will hurt Nic Nat more. If it's the normal week by week fixture, they have said we will keep playing him until he put his hand up and says he needs a week off. So count on him not being available at least a week or two during the season if he pulls up sore one week.

TOG for Nic Nat should be around the 65-70% mark like usual. Possibly a little higher.

We've named Hickey & Williams in the squad... But I expect Williams to get the nod. Don't see us playing 2 lead rucks when Williams is the best forward of the backup rucks.

I will add that I am seriously considering Nic Nat, the impact he can have on a match is unbelievable. But still have Grundy & Gawn as of writing this.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
A lot depends on what the fixture looks like. If it's a condensed schedule it will hurt all players but it will hurt Nic Nat more. If it's the normal week by week fixture, they have said we will keep playing him until he put his hand up and says he needs a week off. So count on him not being available at least a week or two during the season if he pulls up sore one week.

TOG for Nic Nat should be around the 65-70% mark like usual. Possibly a little higher.

We've named Hickey & Williams in the squad... But I expect Williams to get the nod. Don't see us playing 2 lead rucks when Williams is the best forward of the backup rucks.

I will add that I am seriously considering Nic Nat, the impact he can have on a match is unbelievable. But still have Grundy & Gawn as of writing this.
This is the type of insight that makes this the best SuperCoach community going around. I think I’m going to roll the dice on NicNat with the necessary ruck cover plans. Allows one less rookie on field to going Grundy.

Makes sense that teams will be reluctant to play backup rucks with the shorter quarters if they don’t have other strings to their bow.

AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone going NicNat AND Naismith, or is it one or other?
I'm probably going that way. Seems crazy, but these are crazy times. So much value in NicNat and Naismith with a combined cost of either Gawn or Grundy. Can see 180 points per game from NaiNat. Would only go this option tho if B Williams is named to provide backup.
Obviously there is huge risk still and the rest of my team will be largely durable players to hopefully counter my overall risk. Allows for 4 premium defenders, 5 mids and 4 forwards (although Lynch may need fixing next week).
Main concern besides injury risk is C/VC options , but with Neale, Cripps, Bont and Danger hopefully I'm okay there

AFL Club
Bulldogs

SHORTER QUARTERS FORCE EAGLES TO CHANGE RUCK TACTICS

One to watch for not only Eagles supporters but also AFL Fantasy coaches, courtesy of our WA reporter Nathan Schmook.

WEST Coast will decide who supports Nic Naitanui in the ruck on Friday after the reduction in quarters to 16 minutes forced a re-think on team selection and how players are used.

Potential debutant Bailey Williams will jockey with experienced big man Tom Hickey for the Eagles' second ruck spot, with both named in the 25-man squad released on Thursday, overtaking premiership big man Nathan Vardy.

Simpson said the reduction in quarter lengths provided an opportunity to formulate new strategies and use players in different ways, particularly in the ruck.

"It's 90 rotations as well, so what does that mean? Can you play your better players longer? That's probably the first question everyone is looking at," Simpson said in a teleconference on Thursday afternoon.

"Does Luke Shuey need to come off the ground. If a quarter goes for 30-35 minutes he might need three or four breaks. If it goes for 20-25 minutes then maybe he can stay on a bit longer.

"So I think that would be across the board what people are looking at. We've got a few compromised athletes who can't play every minute, so what does (Jeremy) McGovern's game look like? What does Nic Naitanui's game look like?"

Simpson said the change, which will be in place for the entire season, could see team's playing a sole ruckman.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
OKAY I’ve decided that Naismith will definitely be in my starting side. It could be R3 instead of R2 however (yet to be decided). As definite sole ruck, I think his upside is too high to ignore. He’s also been more of a 70-75% TOG ruck so these same arguments re NN also apply to Naismith. Naismith’s SC per TOG was also quite good in the Marsh series as well.

I’ve taken the view now that Naismith could easily push 90+ and thus will be one of the better cash cows this year. NN R2 is still a possibility for me with Naismith R3 (I know some might disapprove but if I also think NN goes 110-115, it’s still a +25-30ppg upgrade over Naismith which is comparable to say a Houston over a Brander/Taylor on field).

We’ll see how things land but in any case, I’m convinced on Naismith as a cash cow.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
OKAY I’ve decided that Naismith will definitely be in my starting side. It could be R3 instead of R2 however (yet to be decided). As definite sole ruck, I think his upside is too high to ignore. He’s also been more of a 70-75% TOG ruck so these same arguments re NN also apply to Naismith. Naismith’s SC per TOG was also quite good in the Marsh series as well.

I’ve taken the view now that Naismith could easily push 90+ and thus will be one of the better cash cows this year. NN R2 is still a possibility for me with Naismith R3 (I know some might disapprove but if I also think NN goes 110-115, it’s still a +25-30ppg upgrade over Naismith which is comparable to say a Houston over a Brander/Taylor on field).

We’ll see how things land but in any case, I’m convinced on Naismith as a cash cow.
See, that was easy now wasn't it!

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Someone said I was too predictable and vanilla and would never win it and hit a nerve so f-em!

Naismith FTW
Hahaha. I would say your very consistent overall record definitely says otherwise! Merits to both strategies as long as you structure your side well in the other slots. I think there enough basement rookies named to make GG viable FWIW. You just need to balance it with the right value options to make it work.

AFL Club
Carlton
Call me Crazy but with Kreuzer out for the season. I am going to drop Nic Nat for Cegler, then next week i will sideways trade a FWD rookie to Pittonet. 230k for out new number 1 ruck