Votes: 65 51.2%
  • Naismith ?

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • Other ?‍♂️

Votes: 37 29.1%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Essendon
So I'm left with Nic Nat + Howe vs. Gawn + McAsey.

The first option is massive risk/reward, second option safety first. Hmmm.

I refuse Naismith's temptations.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Hahaha. I would say your very consistent overall record definitely says otherwise! Merits to both strategies as long as you structure your side well in the other slots. I think there enough basement rookies named to make GG viable FWIW. You just need to balance it with the right value options to make it work.
It's hard because whilst there are enough "rookies' in theory to line up GNR, they're higher end rookies which means one less keeper and/or tier 2 guns.

I want to hit the ground running this season so looking to start 5 big premium mids which hurts everywhere else.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Big news here

Pittonet at 236k was a very good VFL ruck so I can see him being a very good cash cow as well. I'm planning to set up my side with a view to trade say a McAsey or other midpricer to Pittonet down the track to partner Naismith. Gives me more confidence on taking Naismith R2.

Good luck all!

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Big news here

Pittonet at 236k was a very good VFL ruck so I can see him being a very good cash cow as well. I'm planning to set up my side with a view to trade say a McAsey or other midpricer to Pittonet down the track to partner Naismith. Gives me more confidence on taking Naismith R2.

Good luck all!
Yeh i'm liking the Naismith R2 if Pittonet gets to R3 over De Koning. Williams atm at R3 could be handy D7/8 swap if he plays in future or that donut and have the new #1 Carlton ruck.

Don't think anything is crazy this year, it 2 weeks we'll all look back and wonder why we wasted so much time on our teams and confiding in random strangers in this chat room
It did give me a moment's pause because it allowed me to bring in Danger straight up, but then the discussion about impact players happened and Grundy is really the ultimate impact player as a ruck who plays like a mid good for 20+ disposals per game.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Don’t think so as I’m confident that Herbie was the culprit.
I will take ownership
I can blame Herbie but tbh it feels like this season is more of a free hit for everyone, so much unknown and really unlikely we'll see the end of this season so why not........although Grundy tonight does hvae me wondering about how I can get Gawn back in. Stupidly plugged that hole with Bont!
Never owned Bont and truly don't know what all the fuss was about. :ROFLMAO:

I can blame Herbie but tbh it feels like this season is more of a free hit for everyone, so much unknown and really unlikely we'll see the end of this season so why not........although Grundy tonight does hvae me wondering about how I can get Gawn back in. Stupidly plugged that hole with Bont!
Never owned Bont and truly don't know what all the fuss was about. :ROFLMAO:
He's been strangely a non-factor tonight - certainly hasn't led from the front in any way. He'll still come good I reckon just had a slow game first up.

AFL Club
Essendon
So I'm left with Nic Nat + Howe vs. Gawn + McAsey.

The first option is massive risk/reward, second option safety first. Hmmm.

I refuse Naismith's temptations.
Yeah look.... went with option 2.

Annoying to miss out on a super POD but watching Grundy tonight has me more convinced than ever about Gawn. I think rucks are going to score amazingly well this year and Gawn and Grundy could both go to another level scoring wise. I think Gawn's (C) credentials combined with a likely increase to an already massive average make him must pick.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Can't deny that I'm not nervous as well going in without Gawn. Although, 160s against English are bread and butter for Grundy.

One small development is that Naismith now faces DK/Pittonet in Round 4 instead of Kreuzer.
I'm doin the E with Naismith see if he worth taking a donut at r2 and if it's a good score can use Gawn's money for 1 full prem and 1 med upgrade. If not he can just be a place holder for 2 more weeks make some coin and get to get in pittonet rd3 if we get that far. That is if he isn't worth keeping after rd3.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm doin the E with Naismith see if he worth taking a donut at r2 and if it's a good score can use Gawn's money for 1 full prem and 1 med upgrade. If not he can just be a place holder for 2 more weeks make some coin and get to get in pittonet rd3 if we get that far. That is if he isn't worth keeping after rd3.
Interesting strategy! I think I could do this as well potentially as I need to set Naismith E in any case to set up my C loophole.