Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Other 🤷‍♂️

Votes: 30 27.0%

• Total voters

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
According to Propsectus 2020, in 2019, Ceglar was rated average for hitout win rate (45.7%) and below average for hitout to advantage win rate (10.3%). AFL ruck average is 44.8% HOW% and 12.9% HOTA%

AFL Club
Fremantle
I know that ruckmen's scoring has been all the rage...

Witts 50 & Lycett 70

Maybe they nullified each other but just wanted to put it out there.
I agree. I think it's a players ability to influence a game rather than a particular position. The acts that get scored highly either positively or negatively are standing out more. Scoring will also be more volatile if we have any more games. I'm thinking of dumping a high priced mid because they will all be cheap at some point.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
According to Propsectus 2020, in 2019, Ceglar was rated average for hitout win rate (45.7%) and below average for hitout to advantage win rate (10.3%). AFL ruck average is 44.8% HOW% and 12.9% HOTA%
I’m a bit torn on him too but he’s in for now. Had plenty of 15 disposal 20 hit out games last year so I think he’s worth the risk with this new absurd Ruck scoring. Is really the only avenue for me to correct the Naismith pick so it is what it is.

You’d have to think with Hawks clearly and repeatedly stating they want McEvoy back and with him training as a defender all pre season that Ceglar at least gets a decent crack at it for the first 6 weeks or so.

If it goes pair shaped then so be it :ROFLMAO:

AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m a bit torn on him too but he’s in for now. Had plenty of 15 disposal 20 hit out games last year so I think he’s worth the risk with this new absurd Ruck scoring. Is really the only avenue for me to correct the Naismith pick so it is what it is.

You’d have to think with Hawks clearly and repeatedly stating they want McEvoy back and with him training as a defender all pre season that Ceglar at least gets a decent crack at it for the first 6 weeks or so.

If it goes pair shaped then so be it :ROFLMAO:
Is it ruck scoring or just effective ruckmen? I'm glad I didn't have English.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ruck stats from the Herald Sun this morning. Only a small sample size of one round but doesn't seem like you have to do a heck of a lot in the ruck to score well. 10 HTA and 10 touches gets you 100 (Lycett the outlier).

View attachment 16689
Excellent stats, thank you.

Does anyone know of somewhere where H2As can easily be found?

I was thinking that comparing (1) SC scores vs H2As for R1 2020 and R1 2019 would help tell us whether ruck scoring has changed, and (2) comparing absolute H2A levels (time adjusted) for those two rounds would give an indication of whether there has been a change in game style or the interpretation of what constitutes a H2A.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Ruck stats from the Herald Sun this morning. Only a small sample size of one round but doesn't seem like you have to do a heck of a lot in the ruck to score well. 10 HTA and 10 touches gets you 100 (Lycett the outlier).

View attachment 16689
Kinda hides the fact that a few of those HOTA could have been in the directly to a player who went on to kick a goal. Some rucks also have high pressure acts(Naitanui for example) once the ball hits the ground.

AFL Club
Essendon
Watched Gawn and he actually played really well after quarter time. Tough match up against the Eagles. Don't have him yet but definitely will come upgrade time.