Position Forwards Discussion

Which forwards will you be starting outside of Danger/Heeney? (new poll 4/3/19)

• Gray $526k

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Mundy $521k

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Menegola $543k

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • McLean $514k

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Kelly $506k

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • Boak $477k

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Billings $438k

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Gresham $430k

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Worpel $396k

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • Greene $354k

Votes: 33 25.8%

• Total voters

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Lots of talk on social media talking up Worpel. Finished the year quite well with scores of 98, 70, 85, 92, 72, 110 but coming into his 2nd year (will turn 20 soon) too big of a risk for mine.

Any hawks got the good oil on him?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lots of talk on social media talking up Worpel. Finished the year quite well with scores of 98, 70, 85, 92, 72, 110 but coming into his 2nd year (will turn 20 soon) too big of a risk for mine.

I’m staying away. Has his moments but can burn the ball as well. Dunno how he’ll go with increased responsibility and playing more games. Came back leaner and could be a good pick. Slid to pick 46 or something but that was surprising. Hard as nails and is composed under pressure. 2nd year blues always a risk as well.

Edit: Sam Mitchell has been on his back this pre season so he might just take him to another level as well.

I like him, looks a good footballer and comfortable at the level with Hawks midfield lacking a little a role could be there for him.

Remember a red head kid named Oliver in his second year ?

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Expecting 50% or higher ownership for wingard by round 1. Not sure whether I’m that confident in him. Could just be playing 50-50 mid-fwd without Mitchell rather than 30-70 with Mitchell. Think he’d need 70-30 like he got at port to score well. Hawks seem to really dig wingard as a forward

AFL Club
West Coast
Zac Fisher anyone? In that ugly price range but if you thought he would break out this year is he an option as an M/F. Or is there just too many better options?

AFL Club
Melbourne
Zac Fisher anyone? In that ugly price range but if you thought he would break out this year is he an option as an M/F. Or is there just too many better options?
Not sure about Fischer, but how about Fasolo at $250k ? According to a Blues supporting mate, he is looking fit and moving well at training. Thinks he could be a good SC option this year. I’m not convinced, but could be one to keep an eye on.

AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure about Fischer, but how about Fasolo at $250k ? According to a Blues supporting mate, he is looking fit and moving well at training. Thinks he could be a good SC option this year. I’m not convinced, but could be one to keep an eye on.
The same report that got me looking at Fisher also noted the below on Fasolo. The reference to Soapie was a previous poster who when asked if Fasolo was on track for a Rd 1 start the answer was "borderline". Of course all of these reports are from one eyed supporters so you always need to take them with a pinch of salt.

Fasolo - “Fasolo Everywhere” he shouted as he kicked an easy snag from the square. The crowd laughed and so did the players. He’s a funny guy and adds some swagger to the list. As Soapie has mentioned previously, he needs to improve his fitness but will kick goals for us this year.

AFL Club
Essendon
Expecting 50% or higher ownership for wingard by round 1. Not sure whether I’m that confident in him. Could just be playing 50-50 mid-fwd without Mitchell rather than 30-70 with Mitchell. Think he’d need 70-30 like he got at port to score well. Hawks seem to really dig wingard as a forward
The times when he's scored poorly he was usually playing deep in the forward pocket

AFL Club
Geelong
The thing is, Wingard is starting at 480k, it's by no means cheap. Even when played in the middle at Port in the second half of last year he only looks like a 105 type mid, unless he comes out averaging 110-115+ he really isn't going to hurt you anyway, will still be affordable early on and has the R12 bye so makes a good upgrade target. Unless he smashes it in JLT and looks like a permanent mid I can't see him crippling your team vs another choice like Kelly at 30k more. Jmo on how things stand.

AFL Club
St Kilda
The thing is, Wingard is starting at 480k, it's by no means cheap. Even when played in the middle at Port in the second half of last year he only looks like a 105 type mid, unless he comes out averaging 110-115+ he really isn't going to hurt you anyway, will still be affordable early on and has the R12 bye so makes a good upgrade target. Unless he smashes it in JLT and looks like a permanent mid I can't see him crippling your team vs another choice like Kelly at 30k more. Jmo on how things stand.
A 105 ave from a 480k FWD/MID won't kill non-owners but it's a hell of a successful pick.

AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m not really an advocate of Wingard, but if you put him in your team surely he is in the Fwd line and not the Mids. If he averages 105 for you Fwd at $480k, then that would be a pretty good result.

AFL Club
Essendon
If you look at his career clearance contested possession numbers as well as supercoach position you can tell that he basically scores well when he gets mid time, the inconsistency is probably deeper than that but it seems to be the main cause of the low scores. 50% mid time and 50% at half forward (rather than in the pocket) will likely see him average over 95 in my opinion. I don't think there's a better pick in the forward line outside of Danger, Heeney and Gray if he is playing in the midfield.

AFL Club
Fremantle
A 105 ave from a 480k FWD/MID won't kill non-owners but it's a hell of a successful pick.
I’m not really an advocate of Wingard, but if you put him in your team surely he is in the Fwd line and not the Mids. If he averages 105 for you Fwd at $480k, then that would be a pretty good result.
I thought BNH was referring to the uncertainty. If we think his range is 85-105 then there is value in waiting without getting burnt and the rnd 12 bye works in our favour. Does anyone think he is closer to 110?

AFL Club
Geelong
Menegola has 22 100s last 2 yrs (23 if u inc finals) most of any fwd, excluding Danger, & 2 more than Gray. Very unappreciated SCer
It's the fact that he is sharing the R13 bye with Danger & Heeney and also the post season surgery (which was just a minor clean up and he is training now after Chrissy so all good) which has kept some away I suspect.