Opinion Player X vs. Player Y

AFL Club
Essendon
Go to a real premo like Lloyd or go budget with Ridley, as a Howe replacement.
Depends what you do with the rest of the cash. Are you bringing in a promo anywhere else? I think I might go cheaper in the back line in order to bring in Bont or Titchell. I also have to replace Naismith, but can swing Ceglar into rucks for now.

AFL Club
Sydney
Depends what you do with the rest of the cash. Are you bringing in a promo anywhere else? I think I might go cheaper in the back line in order to bring in Bont or Titchell. I also have to replace Naismith, but can swing Ceglar into rucks for now.
This week I could go Howe/Naismith to e.g. Ridley and Serong. That would give me nearly 300k to go, King to Whitfield and have another trade + 100k up my sleeve). I could probably do the first parth with Laird, and he feels more premium despite his scoring. I've fallen down that whole before though.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Green v Hill v Serong v Williamson v Xerri
Xerri looked OK without scoring massive numbers, but I would rule him out unless you need ruck backup.

Hill had 1 very good quarter and then nothing. That's a concern for me.

Green looked good, but has already been dropped from the team once, that's my biggest concern with him.

Serong also looked good and seemed to be given Fyfe's midfield role after he went off injured. I would expect he is given a chance to establish himself the next couple of rounds, but that may be all he gets if he doesn't perform.

Williamson seems to be putting up solid numbers from his two games and seems to have a reasonably secure spot.

I would rank them in reverse order to what I posted, but depends which line you need a rookie.

Go to a real premo like Lloyd or go budget with Ridley, as a Howe replacement.
It depends a lot on how you see your team shaping up. Are you going to keep Ridley all season? Is it worth spending a second trade later to upgrade him if needed?

I personally don't expect to get a full top premium side after starting a lot of mid pricers and would probably take Ridley, but you may be in a completely different situation.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tough choice.

As a Bont owner, a lot of his points last round came from a couple of key goals, he was definitely down in form in the weeks prior. Left alone, he has shown he scores well, hopefully he won't be tagged much in future.

Danger has probably looked a bit better overall, but not getting the scores until last round. Might have been a bit rusty?

Tentatively Bont, purely based on Geelong scheduled to play in a WA hub, which I don't think will help Danger, but who knows what's happening there. Could go either way.

AFL Club
Essendon
Not sold on either Saad or Andrews as a keeper. I would say Andrews is probably slightly more likely to be up there based on past data, not sure Saad will keep up his high scoring in these first 3 games. Option 2 for me.
I should mention I’m relying on how they seem to be scoring players to make these decisions, guys like Saad and Andrews are being favoured because of their impact, I want to take a gamble on one or the other

AFL Club
Essendon
Not sold on either Saad or Andrews as a keeper. I would say Andrews is probably slightly more likely to be up there based on past data, not sure Saad will keep up his high scoring in these first 3 games. Option 2 for me.
I agree though, seems like the Andrews option is the smarter one as he has two seasons of going 92 (excl injury) game and 82 compared to Saad’s 81. I feel like Saad has more upside as a pick given the way they seem to be scoring impactful players this season, but he is also less proven. McKenna returning also obviously takes a little bit away from him. Neither are ideal picks but it works a lot better for me in the long term to get one or the other to pair with Bont or Macrae this week. I prefer Macrae to Bont but again I think Bont suits what I’ve seen of this years scoring system.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
narrowed down my choices even further:

Saad + Bont

vs

Harris Andrews + Macrae
Andrews and Macrae quite easily. Prefer Macrae over the Bont and Andrews is by far a better choice over Saad.

H Andrews 2018-2019:
SC Avg: 85.51 from 37
Disposals Avg: 14.35 from 37

SC avg when disposals equal/exceed 15: 104.29 from 17
SC avg when disposals below 15: 69.55 from 20

SC avg when disposals equal/exceed 12: 93.81 from 27
SC avg when disposals below 12: 63.1 from 10

SC avg when disposals equal/exceed 10: 90.63 from 32
SC avg when disposals below 10: 52.8 from 5

2018:
1 match below 10 disposals
3 matches below 12 disposals
7 matches below 15 disposals

2019:
4 matches below 10 disposals
7 matches below 12 disposals
13 matches below 15 disposals

Beneficiary of the shorter matches due to his game style (intercepts, 1 percenters, etc).
2020:
Last fortnight he has registered 8 disposals and 10 disposals whilst averaging 4 marks which bodes for well for his scoring ability later in the season if these categories slightly increase.

AFL Club
Essendon
Andrews and Macrae quite easily. Prefer Macrae over the Bont and Andrews is by far a better choice over Saad.

H Andrews 2018-2019:
SC Avg: 85.51 from 37
Disposals Avg: 14.35 from 37

SC avg when disposals equal/exceed 15: 104.29 from 17
SC avg when disposals below 15: 69.55 from 20

SC avg when disposals equal/exceed 12: 93.81 from 27
SC avg when disposals below 12: 63.1 from 10

SC avg when disposals equal/exceed 10: 90.63 from 32
SC avg when disposals below 10: 52.8 from 5

2018:
1 match below 10 disposals
3 matches below 12 disposals
7 matches below 15 disposals

2019:
4 matches below 10 disposals
7 matches below 12 disposals
13 matches below 15 disposals

Beneficiary of the shorter matches due to his game style (intercepts, 1 percenters, etc).
2020:
Last fortnight he has registered 8 disposals and 10 disposals whilst averaging 4 marks which bodes for well for his scoring ability later in the season if these categories slightly increase.
I still prefer Saad to Andrews but I think I prefer Macrae to Bont more. The reason is only that Andrews is a key defender whose ceiling I believe is a little bit lower than Saad's. Like I've said I think this year there seems to be more emphasis on impact in the scoring, which helps both of these players, but Saad's ability to play a damaging half-back style increases his ceiling.

He hasn't had the season Andrews had in 2018 but there was 1 point between them in average last year, and Saad averaged more than him if you include finals.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Green v Hill v Serong v Williamson v Xerri
I agree with Ironhawk, except for promoting Hill, likely to number two. You know JS isn't an issue, and his scoring is decent, so it's just injury risk as I see it. DPP also handy. I'm also a happy Williamson owner and the two Freo boys will likely be what I'm weighing up this round on the rookie front.