Opinion Rate My Team

AFL Club
Essendon
Pure bias has me thinking Fantasia could be a decent pick in 2019 now he's playing a Cyril Rioli role but I'll refrain
Absolute bias I reckon. Not sure where he gets his 10 ppg increase from.

19 games is the most he's ever played in a year also.

AFL Club
Essendon
Righto. My Version 2.0. 15 Keepers ...

D: Whitfield, Witherden, Williams, Roberton, Rooks
M: Titch, Neale, Dusty, Zerret, Sloane, Rooks
R: Westhoff, Goldy, Rook
F: Danger, Menegola, Heeney, Wingard, Rooks

AFL Club
Essendon
Absolute bias I reckon. Not sure where he gets his 10 ppg increase from.

19 games is the most he's ever played in a year also.
I think if he's fit as he's meant to finally be going into this season his average will improve, he played a lot of games carrying an injury last year. He showed he can score big last year when played as a high half-forward with lots of tackling, score involvements, marks and goals, kind of reminding me of Cyril or Greene. Think he can only average up to 90 to 95 at the max so I won't be going near him, I meant it more as a joke, he's also way too injury prone to seriously think about.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon

Great backline, I like all the picks but not sold on Sloane (tags) or Westhoff

AFL Club
Essendon
Great backline, I like all the picks but not sold on Sloane (tags) or Westhoff
Before last season, Sloane had 6 consecutive seasons of 105+. Yes Danger was at the club and would have got the tag for some of those, but I'm not sure I believe this whole idea he can't handle a tag suddenly after scoring like that.

AFL Club
Richmond
At this stage I'm running Walsh and defending him and all of this premeditative nonsense that's all hypothetical. He will still need to play well in the JLT. Just from the outset I think I will need to start him, especially if I'm only running 5 premiums deep in the middle.

Haha you're spot on I will probably go for Gray and Wingard at F3 & F4 rather than keep Lynch in the side if they are both playing the right role, but he's probably someone I will gamble on if they are not. He's definitely a risk but I see a big ceiling at the tigers for him and he is pretty cheap. Due to the fact that he is a bit of an injury risk and I don't particularly enjoy the rollercoaster of key forwards I will probably prefer the other two I mentioned. JLT could change all of that. Surely Port play Gray in the middle? Wines, SPP, Ebert and Rockliff is a brute of a midfield with no class, surely they want some class?

Without Lynch I will probably downgrade Macrae to Neale, I feel like Macrae is still fairly risky at that price given that he was slowed down a bit when tagged last year and more could come his way. Banfield kept him to 98, Hutchings to 74, Pendlebury gave him close attention at stoppages and kept him to about 100 and Melbourne tagged him in the 2nd half and kept him 10 disposals, whereas he had 23 in the first half of that game. He did smash Gibson in the wet though. He will be a top 5 mid imo but might not be worth the cost, on the other hand he could go to another level and I could be left behind.

Cheers for the Fyfe update, Fyfe is always injured and playing injured haha, I will still pick him due to my concerns about the other premo's around him. Oliver's double shoulder reconstruction, Kelly's groin surgery and tough draw to start the year and my belief that Cripps plays his best footy in the 2nd half of the year still make him the guy. Fyfe still scored very well last year whilst consistently playing with a niggling knee injury so I'm not really worried (that might be the knee he had a clean up on post season). I expect to use him for his points and to need to trade him out at some stage because of an injury. His ceiling is too big for me not to start him and get caught behind those who do.

I have 16k with Macrae and Lynch, 43k with Neale and Wingard.

Pure bias has me thinking Fantasia could be a decent pick in 2019 now he's playing a Cyril Rioli role but I'll refrain
Macrae slowed down by a tag? Did you see his games n the scores he put up? Ave 127 and take out his injury game of 51 (by memory he scored that in the first quarter) he ave 131. More than Grundy a titch.

AFL Club
Essendon
Macrae slowed down by a tag? Did you see his games n the scores he put up? Ave 127 and take out his injury game of 51 (by memory he scored that in the first quarter) he ave 131. More than Grundy a titch.
What did he score in the games where he was tagged?

AFL Club
Essendon
Before last season, Sloane had 6 consecutive seasons of 105+. Yes Danger was at the club and would have got the tag for some of those, but I'm not sure I believe this whole idea he can't handle a tag suddenly after scoring like that.
You have a point but I still think he was hurt by tags this year as well as last, fanfooty seems to think so but they aren't always reliable as a source. The prospectus from last year said that in 2017 he averaged 17.5 disposals in the 6 games where he was tagged versus 27.5 when roaming free.

AFL Club
Geelong
I thought that last year and started Sloane, it was injury and club performance that derailed his season but he still can't handle the tags and every other club knows it.

AFL Club
Richmond
What did he score in the games where he was tagged?
His a big body contested player. They always score well. He had 2 game under 100 (98,74) so really had 1 average game, it’s gonna happen. I’m sure teams just don’t let him run around and do what he wants I think his just to hard to stop.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood

This is a surprisingly good side. Usually when someone mentions that they have a really high number of keepers, many of them are very average at best.

I think Roberton is the only one that I wouldn't consider a keeper. I have him too, but he's a mid pricer in my eyes, and if he ends up a keeper that's a great outcome for both of us.

Westhoff and Goldy are both in my top four ruck options, and I like all your other keepers except maybe Sloane and Witherden, although I understand the arguments.

If you're right about Roberton, you only have seven upgrades to do versus my eleven, and you still probably have enough spots on each line to accommodate the absolute best scorers and not leak too many points. Nicely done.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Macrae is a beast. Sure, some taggers will reduce his scoring, but I don't think many will. I'm expecting him to be one of the top scorers this year.
Sloane finds it harder to beat the good taggers, so I am expecting he will have some low scoring games this year.

AFL Club
Essendon
His a big body contested player. They always score well. He had 2 game under 100 (98,74) so really had 1 average game, it’s gonna happen. I’m sure teams just don’t let him run around and do what he wants I think his just to hard to stop.
Just because he's a bit big doesn't mean he's untaggable, he's 85kg and not the size of Cripps or Bont. He's good inside and outside which makes him tough to tag but not untaggabble. Being a contested player isn't enough to beat tags as Sloane and Selwood have shown. I don't think he will be heavily beaten by taggers but given he's priced at a 127 average taggers could reduce his average to 120 on the year, I'd rather pick him up a bit cheaper. Like I said in the games where I can see that he was tagged Banfield kept him to 98, Hutchings to 74, I watched Pendles on a Friday night pay him close attention at stoppages and keep him to 102, he destroyed Gibson and got 177, Harmes tagged him in the 2nd half of the dees game after he came out firing and kept him to 10 disposals for the half (this I found out through digging). On the evidence he is slightly affected and the more he makes a name for himself the more he will get tagged.

To be clear I don't think he will be massively affected by tags and he's a beast who I expect to finish about 4th or 5th amongst all scorers but the price combined with tag risk combined with his big jump in scoring makes me hesitant. It's a game of inches and tags are just another reason to be cautious. He could prove me wrong and I would not be surprised.

AFL Club
Richmond
IMO looking at other supercoach teams I think to much money is getting put into the forwards. Dangerfield is a must but most teams have 4 premo coasting about 2.2m. Apart from danger it’s to unpredictable. A lot of money for the lowest ave position

AFL Club
Richmond
Just because he's a bit big doesn't mean he's untaggable, he's 85kg and not the size of Cripps or Bont. He's good inside and outside which makes him tough to tag but not untaggabble. I don't think he will be heavily beaten by taggers but given he's priced at a 127 average taggers could reduce his average to 120 on the year, I'd rather pick him up a bit cheaper. Like I said in the games where I can see that he was tagged Banfield kept him to 98, Hutchings to 74, I watched Pendles on a Friday night pay him close attention at stoppages and keep him to 102, he destroyed Gibson and got 177, Harmes tagged him in the 2nd half of the dees game after he came out firing and kept him to 10 disposals for the half (this I found out through digging). On the evidence he is slightly affected.

To be clear I don't think he will be massively affected by tags and he's a beast who I expect to finish about 4th or 5th amongst all scorers but the price combined with tag risk combined with his big jump in scoring makes me hesitant. He could prove me wrong and I would not be surprised.
I would rather spend the extra cash on him than have 2.2million setting in my forward line on 4 players.

AFL Club
Essendon
IMO looking at other supercoach teams I think to much money is getting put into the forwards. Dangerfield is a must but most teams have 4 premo coasting about 2.2m. Apart from danger it’s to unpredictable. A lot of money for the lowest ave position
2.2m on forwards isn't a lot if one of them is danger