Strategy Round 9: Trades

AFL Club
West Coast
I've got some problems in defence this week with Doedee and Hill out.:unsure:

One trade done already Budarick to Bazlenka

Have Noble on the bench for coverage, but no confidence in him holding his place in the team.

Think I will have to trade Doedee and Hill, but miss on Close, thinking at this stage given the js issues potentially for Ling/Watson will do:

Hill to McKay and Doedee to Ridley

I know that I'm paying a premium on Ridley, but he still seems the best DEF upgrade leading into the byes.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

To a degree, I feel that the fact that McKay, has to be on-field this week may make him a better option than Ling/Watson, or are my thoughts totally wrong?
Not sure about the Noble situation as I traded him out the first time he was dropped to avoid a donut.
But I'm highly certain I'll be trading in McKay this week. I'm thinking the injury situation at North Melb will see him maintain his spot for at least the next few weeks. Even if he has shady JS I'm happy to risk it cuz I need the cash gen and I'll likely have a full defense after getting Stewart next week. Only way I wont trade in McKay is if Brander gets recalled, but he looks to be completely out of favour now unfortunately.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Already got oliver and close in.

Last trade. Im leaning to holding doedee for now.

So williamson to ling or pay that extra for mcpherson. Whoever i select plays this week.

Also after oliver i have no change. Who do i take lol

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have the same issues with Doedee and Hill down back. I can trade Doedee to Lloyd, Sicily or Haynes but all have their byes coming up. Hoping Starc can have one of his good games and get to a 75-80 which I will glady take instead of risking Noble.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Haven't paid much attention to Ling. Is he a solid DEF option? I would ideally prefer to bring in a DEF rookie for Hill (plus might help me avoid a DEF donut this week), but is Close a safer option?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
A simple tweak I’ve found useful is to think in terms of how you can maximize your chances of picking the best cash cows: simply by starting more of them.

This leads to fewer mid pricers (the average quality of which will be much higher as a result), a higher number of cows with good prospects, and you naturally end up with higher quality premiums because you still have the same budget, but fewer non-rookies to spread it across.

It’s much easier to find a $500k mid or $450k fwd/def to fill one of your last spots at this time of year than to “have” to find $650-750k to get the uber premiums you didn’t start (eg Gawn, Grundy, Neale or Lloyd).
Gawn last week and Neale next week. I'm leaving this lesson...the hard way.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Need some last minute advice - Ned Cahill or Elijah Taylor?
I likeed Elijah last week (didn't see first match) Can't comment on Cahill. I will probably be bringing in Elijah. Swans not going to win many but looked dangerous around the ball. Not going to be a massive return but dpp will be useful.

AFL Club
West Coast
I likeed Elijah last week (didn't see first match) Can't comment on Cahill. I will probably be bringing in Elijah. Swans not going to win many but looked dangerous around the ball. Not going to be a massive return but dpp will be useful.
Yeah I didn't get Cahill.

I'm thinking I might get Ling; over Taylor because he was a 1st round draft pick and been in the system a couple of seasons.

Either way it'll be one of the two.