Strategy 2024: Round 13 Trades

AFL Club
Essendon
At this early stage, Clohsey>Wawson, Wilson>Mcmullin and Darcy to Fisher, no real big ins but gives me a nice war chest moving into the next round. Clohsey and Wilson’s B/E at 70/98 respectively are now at the point I need to trade them out, I could hold Clohsey for one last hurrah as he seems to be having a one on one off week, but I think it’s time to cash him out rather than risk another 40-50 type score, chances are he’s probably due for a rest anyway. 3 midfielders needed to complete my team with 12 trades left in hand, looking at Gulden possibly Green next week which will leave me room for Serong at a discount-I love making plans that have absolutely no chance of happening!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Clohsey -> W Dawson
D Wilson -> Heeney

10 trades left and 98.3k ITB. 3 short of a full team of premos (only remaining non premos on field are Comben, Sullivan and Sexton).

AFL Club
Essendon
I'm considering Leek Aleer as a downgrade, low BE has the 100 rolling through. He's had his bye so will be decent cover.

Is it his price ,JS or is it just that most people don't have any room for a def rookie?[/QUOTE
I thought about him if Dawson wasn’t selected, but TBH I’d probably still go Dawson anyway due to his dpp, considering I have Fisher, Sexton and Comben to swing around with.

I'm considering Leek Aleer as a downgrade, low BE has the 100 rolling through. He's had his bye so will be decent cover.

Is it his price ,JS or is it just that most people don't have any room for a def rookie?
JS.

He came in for Jack Buckley, who may be back this week or the next.

Giants play a tall backline but Aleer is clearly behind Taylor, Buckley, Himmelberg, and would have to move above Haynes to be selected - but Haynes is more flexible and is often pushed up to the wing.

If Buckley is back this week and Aleer holds his spot (presumably at the expense of Haynes), I'll have a look. Otherwise I'll assume he's going out soon regardless of his highlights against Geelong.

JS.

He came in for Jack Buckley, who may be back this week or the next.

Giants play a tall backline but Aleer is clearly behind Taylor, Buckley, Himmelberg, and would have to move above Haynes to be selected - but Haynes is more flexible and is often pushed up to the wing.

If Buckley is back this week and Aleer holds his spot (presumably at the expense of Haynes), I'll have a look. Otherwise I'll assume he's going out soon regardless of his highlights against Geelong.

Thanks for the insight, will need to reconsider trade plans again

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Darcy -> Dawson/McMullin
Z.Williams -> Gulden
Stewart -> Sheezel

Stewart looks cooked. Not taking kick outs anymore, looks old, slow and his decision making has been poor.

Geelong are intent on getting it into Holmes and Guthrie's hands over Stewart for any rebounding work so really don't like his role. Sheezel having already had his bye and at 550k seems a good buy after proving he can still score tonnes in the midfield.

AFL Club
Essendon
1717370827491.png
1717370850976.png
leaves 90k itb

not sure where ill get the cash from but looking to get ryan next round and then curnow the round after(or rankine) to finish the team

blight could also be dawson, just a placeholder for now

11 trades left

AFL Club
Richmond
Steele out... may I ask why? As a Steele owner I'm very interested. Doesn't seem quite right despite scrapping together some decent scores.
saw someone else post they're trading him out and confirmed my concerns (low scoring, disposal count, injury question marks again, etc). He seems to go through this each season, have been burned too many times, having said all this I've got him back in my side as I have far bigger fish to fry...

AFL Club
Bulldogs
This is what i'll end up with if i don't reverse my trades. Love to hear your thoughts? Scored 2073 LW.

Thought process -
- Need to swap out Ridley for Martin. Whilst Martin has performed really well this year, its time to use this spot for Ess kick out preference. Price is still partiy between them although after this weekends games, with Martin's BE at 129 and Ridley at 33, there will be ~50K difference come next lock out open.
- Warner over Heeney - Just focusing on getting in premo's, got Gawn last week (Sorry i jinx him) and looking at Warner this week. I feel i've got 20 starters with some cash gen on the rookies needing to help with locking down the last two spots and maybe upgrading Oliver in the process.

My list of missing/potential upgrade players -
L Ryan
Heeney
LDU- Maybe
D Moore - POD
Butters/Treloar - On the price drop

1717370191006.png

1717370118073.png

AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like I'll be holding Crouch until round 15 where I had planned for no trades, it's not ideal as I'll be fielding 1 less premo but I still want to keep upgrading, the trades below will leave just Freijah/Reville at F6 and Bowes at D6 who'll become Ryan after next week.

Drew > Fisher
Sweet > Xerri (wanted Grundy but was $300 short)
Wilson > Dawson (if named)

Darcy -> Dawson/McMullin
Z.Williams -> Gulden
Stewart -> Sheezel

Stewart looks cooked. Not taking kick outs anymore, looks old, slow and his decision making has been poor.

Geelong are intent on getting it into Holmes and Guthrie's hands over Stewart for any rebounding work so really don't like his role. Sheezel having already had his bye and at 550k seems a good buy after proving he can still score tonnes in the midfield.
That's not true - he took the most kick ins for Geelong on Saturday night.

Only once this season has a Geelong player taken more kick ins than Stewart (Round 9 Duncan took 4, Stewart 3)

AFL Club
Carlton
Just a simple 1up/1down for me at this stage.

Wilson & Clohesy > Dawson & Neale, assuming Dawson is named.

Gives me a full 22 playing this week (albeit with Clark & Pink) :ROFLMAO:
Team is almost complete, with the forward line just needing 3 more upgrades.

That almost feels too simple for a Monday morning, got a bad feeling... :unsure:

AFL Club
Richmond
Which pair to bring in:
Moore and Merrett (both have byes upcoming, but are the best pair of players I'm considering)
Moore and Gulden (Gulden best of the mids who's had the bye that I can afford with Moore, as i already have Green and LDU)
Bolton and Neale (downgrade Moore to Bolton to afford a better mid who's had the bye)

AFL Club
Essendon
Which pair to bring in:
Moore and Merrett (both have byes upcoming, but are the best pair of players I'm considering)
Moore and Gulden (Gulden best of the mids who's had the bye that I can afford with Moore, as i already have Green and LDU)
Bolton and Neale (downgrade Moore to Bolton to afford a better mid who's had the bye)
I would be trading the players who are coming off their bye, but not sure about Bolton.