Strategy 2024: Round 13 Trades

AFL Club
GWS Giants
I think its questionable but I'm not sure there are many downgrades that won't have questionable JS form the current crop. At least he is DPP so can get buried at either F8 or D8, and links with Fisher/Sexton which is handy. I honestly don't love the pick but it's the best option this week.
True, I'd like to keep Mckercher as M/D coverage and yr right, Dawson does allow for a Sexton/Fisher link.

I probably need a solid M/F cover now

I think its questionable but I'm not sure there are many downgrades that won't have questionable JS form the current crop. At least he is DPP so can get buried at either F8 or D8, and links with Fisher/Sexton which is handy. I honestly don't love the pick but it's the best option this week.
Richmond 1st gamers might be popular for the brave...

AFL Club
Adelaide
Will Dawson is interesting, what's his JS like? Ideally anyone coming in now needs to provide coverage for the rest of the season. I'm not sure he fits that mould does he?
I Agree, he's had 4 goals (R10 Ess Wright) and 5 goals (R11 Marshall Port) kicked on him last 2 games. If he gets picked i'm thinking the coach want him in the side and is worth selecting. Wil did score 79 SC points in his last game against Port

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
McMullin was the sub and came on and scored pretty well as a mid. COGs missing for 3-4 weeks so he could be able to get full games at least during the bye rounds. Also we don't have many options available atm unless going blind on an MSD who might get picked this week.
What about Stone, what does his JS look like?
Looking to bring in both Stone and McMullin if they can hang around through the byes

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What about Stone, what does his JS look like?
Looking to bring in both Stone and McMullin if they can hang around through the byes
Not great as he didn't play the round prior to his bye. Was subbed off in his first game and was the starting sub in his second game. You're better off grabbing Dawson or go blind on an MSD rookie.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Option 1:
Darcy -> Neale
Clohesy -> Phillips

D6 remaining as last upgrade and likely Yeo after byes. No Butters

Option 2:
Darcy -> Blakey/Whitfield
Clohesy -> Phillips
Butters next week and no Neale

Feel like no one is talking about Blakey but in 11 rounds:
3 120+
2 110-120
3 90-100

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will Dawson is interesting, what's his JS like? Ideally anyone coming in now needs to provide coverage for the rest of the season. I'm not sure he fits that mould does he?
Only really need him to play next two weeks, most teams are setup and almost fully premium.
his DPP to swap with sexton or Fisher types will be invaluable even if he does get dropped which is a possibility…

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Currently sit at

IN Heeney, Dunkley, Dawson
Out wilson, clohesy, Darcy

$378,100

Leaves me with

Daicos, Ryan, Sheezel, Dale, Martin, Salem (Reid, Dawson*)

Bont, Serong, Dunkley*, Butters, Oliver, Miller, Green, Walsh (Sullivan, Garcia, Freija)

Gawn, Grundy (Livingstone)

Heeney*, Zorko, Flanders, Macrae, Powell, Sexton (Garcia, Richards)

Probably need to improve D6, F5,6 and hopefully improve Miller and Clarry. Only 12 trades left.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Currently sit at

IN Heeney, Dunkley, Dawson
Out wilson, clohesy, Darcy

$378,100

Leaves me with

Daicos, Ryan, Sheezel, Dale, Martin, Salem (Reid, Dawson*)

Bont, Serong, Dunkley*, Butters, Oliver, Miller, Green, Walsh (Sullivan, Garcia, Freija)

Gawn, Grundy (Livingstone)

Heeney*, Zorko, Flanders, Macrae, Powell, Sexton (Garcia, Richards)

Probably need to improve D6, F5,6 and hopefully improve Miller and Clarry. Only 12 trades left.
Can even afford Fisher over Dawson

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Screenshot_20240604_012027_SuperCoach.jpg

The Oliver experiment has made $40k but not delivered a top line scorer. Let's spend $100k and slingshot him into Neale.

And let's buy the Bont. Sweet Wilson thank you for your service. I'd seriously consider Kreuger over Livingstone for an extra body /Ftd2p but I don't have the cash.

AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 73875

The Oliver experiment has made $40k but not delivered a top line scorer. Let's spend $100k and slingshot him into Neale.

And let's buy the Bont. Sweet Wilson thank you for your service. I'd seriously consider Kreuger over Livingstone for an extra body /Ftd2p but I don't have the cash.
Yep, the Oliver experiment has disappointed, I'm so tempted to trade him out this week.

Following MEL's poor performance last weekend, I anticipate a strong comeback this week against COL's injured midfield, potentially allowing Oliver to score close to his BE 134. So, I am also tempted to hold on to Oliver for 1 more week before his Rd14 Bye.

If Oliver scores poorly this week, then I will definitely use his money to get Gawn in after their Bye.

AFL Club
Essendon
Fellow Crouch owners with basically zero leftover funds like me, who are we turning him into? LDU?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hmmm, I just seen this article and maybe it is time to drop Oliver?
Oliver's drop in stats were also caused by him playing with an injured hand, that clearly affected his performance. But fitness does look like the main reason for his average performance.

'Plodding' star's drop in form concerns Cornes (msn.com)

'Plodding' star's drop in form concerns Cornes
Story by Anna Pavlou
• 1hr ago •

Kane Cornes has raised concerns surrounding Melbourne midfielder Clayton Oliver's fitness.

It comes after the Demons' dismal 92-point smashing at the hands of Fremantle on Sunday in Alice Springs.

It is Melbourne's third loss in four games and also the heaviest defeat in coach Simon Goodwin's time at the helm.

"You have to question their credentials," Cornes said on Nine's Footy Classified on Monday night.

But, more specifically, Cornes is questioning whether Oliver, who had a nightmare pre season, is up to the standard he once was.
The 26-year-old's lead into 2024 was far from easy.

In October he was admitted to hospital after a seizure, the cause of which was partially attributed to side effects of an ADHD medication.

The 26-year-old then took extended personal leave in January after he was sent home early from a pre-season camp

Oliver did manage to play in the club's Opening Round loss to Sydney at the SCG and has been a mainstay in the side ever since.

But, his midfield presence is simply not being felt due to his fitness drop off, according to Cornes.

"He just looks like a plodding midfielder who isn't doing any damage with the football," Cornes said.

"He doesn't look as fit as he has in the past. Certainly not covering the ground like he would.

"For a player that's earning $1 million a season, I know it's complex, I know there's a lot going into it, but we judge him on his on-field performance and it's just not up to standard."

Oliver is a 2021 premiership player and in 2022 was crowned Melbourne's best and fairest after a standout season.

Oliver is averaging 24.6 disposals this year. In 2022, he averaged a stellar 32.7.

He's also dropped to an average of 10.8 contested possessions, in comparison to his 17.8 two seasons ago.

It's a major red flag for Cornes, who is most worried about his drop off in intensity around the footy.

Oliver has dropped from an average of 8.7 clearances a game in 2022, to just 4.8 this season.

"(Those) are the numbers of an average midfielder," Cornes said.

"The thing that concerns me is the clearance. Almost half-less in clearance and score involvements."

Despite the lamenting of Oliver's drop off, Matthew Lloyd says no one should be shocked at his downfall, considering how poor his pre-season was.

"Are we surprised (at Oliver's drop off)? Of course you're going to drop off, aren't you?" Lloyd said.

"You'd have be a rare player, that can have such a poor pre-season, and then expect to turn up and play good footy."

Melbourne dropped out of the top eight after their loss to the Dockers, sitting in 10th with a 7-5 record.

They'll face off against Collingwood next Monday as part of their annual King's birthday clash at the MCG.