Strategy 2024: Round 13 Trades

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone looking at Bowes?

387k - 96 Average if you take out his 2 sub games.
46 Break Even
Games where he wasn't sub he went over 20 possies in 6/7. The 1 game he didn't he tagged Cripps and still got 80 from 14 touches (10 tackles).
Looked very good playing midfield this week with 29 touches and a goal.

AFL Club
Essendon
Choosing a mid fresh off their bye this week to replace Crouch (assuming he is out for a while) is going to be tough.

Had a bit of a deeper look into LDU and there is a trend of him finishing off his seasons much better than he started.

Used the bye as an arbitrary cut-off point for the sake of this exercise and also didn't include any very low TOG games.

2020 - Pre-Bye 71.8, Post-Bye 98.0
2021 - Pre-Bye 75.2, Post-Bye 92.8
2022 - Pre-Bye 100.1, Post-Bye 110.9
2023 - Pre-Bye 106.1, Post-Bye 121.1
2024 - Pre-Bye 104.5, Post-Bye ???

On top of this noticed that NM have the best remaining fixture for inside mids and that all the other teams fresh off the bye are in the bottom 8.

https://dfsaustralia.com/season-long-dvp/?pos=INSMID

Last edited:
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have to start cleaning up rnd 14 this week as I can't do it all next week.
Darcy, Clohesy and Graham out.
I've only got 2 obvious holes in my team. Ryan and R2 but they won't be done this week.
No one else screaming out to be traded in. I can carry a rnd 15 fwd and mid if it suits.
Brisbane don't have a great run home so not keen on Neale, Dunkley or Zorko at their prices.
Moore an option despite a tough game this week.
LDU maybe.
Could go 2 down with Dawson and McMullin.
🤔

AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone looking at Bowes?

46 Break Even
Games where he wasn't sub he went over 20 possies in 6/7. The 1 game he didn't he tagged Cripps and still got 80 from 14 touches (10 tackles).
Rnd 14 nightmare for me.

Choosing a mid fresh off their bye this week to replace Crouch (assuming he is out for a while) is going to be tough.

Had a bit of a deeper look into LDU and there is a trend of him finishing off his seasons much better than he started.

Used the bye as an arbitrary cut-off point for the sake of this exercise and also didn't include any very low TOG games.

2020 - Pre-Bye 71.8, Post-Bye 98.0
2021 - Pre-Bye 75.2, Post-Bye 92.8
2022 - Pre-Bye 100.1, Post-Bye 110.9
2023 - Pre-Bye 106.1, Post-Bye 121.1
2024 - Pre-Bye 121.1, Post-Bye ???

On top of this noticed that NM have the best remaining fixture for inside mids and that all the other teams fresh off the bye are in the bottom 8.

https://dfsaustralia.com/season-long-dvp/?pos=INSMID
I think LDU is a great POD.

I'm expecting him to outscore Green, Walsh, Steele, Miller, Oliver, Petracca & Dawson comfortably on the run home.

AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone looking at Bowes?

46 Break Even
I've had him since round 5, his 2 subbed games were his 1st one back from injury, I think that there was a 5 day break involved too, his 2nd subbed game was off another 5 day break after the game in Darwin. He scored 36 in that Darwin game where the Cats were flogged but he did have over 70 Fantasy points, obviously cruelled his ratio with a heap of clangers and low DE%.
The reason I brought him in was to firstly act as a stepping stone but also for better scoring power over a rookie which would have been in his place, in the main it worked out quite well apart from those 2 recent scores in the 30's, his 146 last week partially made up for it, I wouldn't place any emphasis on that score as he was up against the Tigers substandard midfield, I would note however that he was only on 32 pts at half time.
As far as his average going forward is concerned I'd place him around 90, FWIW he's being traded out for Ryan next week.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am seeing McMullin being brought in by a fair few, what am I missing?
McMullin was the sub and came on and scored pretty well as a mid. COGs missing for 3-4 weeks so he could be able to get full games at least during the bye rounds. Also we don't have many options available atm unless going blind on an MSD who might get picked this week.

AFL Club
Carlton
The Crouch news makes Laird an interesting proposition at $525k
Had him since the start of the season. He was gone for me at the bye, but will have to reconsider now. Glad I get a week to see what happens. Still don't trust Nicks, and his extremely low TOG this year is a worry too (has always been low but has dropped even further). Painful to watch him start the game and be on the bench after 2 min most weeks.

AFL Club
Adelaide
IN Z Fisher, T Green, W Dawson (if selected)
OUT Sweet, Clohesy, Wilson

My team is nearly complete and I've covered the bye rounds except round 15 (2 trades required to obtain 18 onfield Rnd15)
If Sexton keeps scoring well he might be a keeper in the forward line.
I should have 7-8 trades left after the byes, slowly building cash to pickup 1 or 2 more keepers.
Selecting the right rookies from here on will be crucial. RND 13 TEAM.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Darcy and Reid suspensions force my hand one week earlier than planned…
Clohesy to W Dawson ( gives me DPP with sexton in fwds)
Darcy to Neale
Reid to Moore

leaves only one premium forward spot remaining ( for Rankine)…
cleans up my round 14 bye period too….

AFL Club
Essendon
Will Dawson is interesting, what's his JS like? Ideally anyone coming in now needs to provide coverage for the rest of the season. I'm not sure he fits that mould does he?
I think its questionable but I'm not sure there are many downgrades that won't have questionable JS form the current crop. At least he is DPP so can get buried at either F8 or D8, and links with Fisher/Sexton which is handy. I honestly don't love the pick but it's the best option this week.