Position Forward Discussion

Which players caught your eye after Marsh 1...?

• H Greenwood

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • D Parish

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • A Brayshaw

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • C Petracca

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • C Rozee

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • J Martin

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • C Wingard

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • B Acres

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • D Smith

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Essendon
Take out Whit, Dusty & Heeney whom I think are locks whether you start them all or not. Who else would you bank on finishing top 6 or 7?
Walters. If he plays a mix of midfield time like he did last year then he could top a 100 average again. Injury risk though.

Wingard perhaps. He attended a ****load of Centre Bounces toward the end of the season although this didn't necessarily translate to SC points. A year older and a year wiser in the system?

AFL Club
Carlton
Average, Total, PIT? Different answers for different criteria.
Good point. I generally try tailor my squad to target a high ranking.

So ideally I want the players who can finish top 8 in averages and are likely to play 20 games or more. Obviously you can't predict most injuries but you can try reduce your risk by not picking/starting players with interrupted preaseaons or a history of soft tissue injuries.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Walters. If he plays a mix of midfield time like he did last year then he could top a 100 average again. Injury risk though.

Wingard perhaps. He attended a ****load of Centre Bounces toward the end of the season although this didn't necessarily translate to SC points. A year older and a year wiser in the system?
With a new coach I'd be waiting on any fully priced Freo players to see their role. Upgrade targets.

Early thoughts on Ryan and his role?

Who do Freo like the ball in the hands of coming out of the backline and is does Ryan have any competition for that intercept marking gig?
Not sure what effect if any new recruit Hayden Young will have on Ryan if he gets games but during the Under 18 Championship Young was ranked first for intercept possessions and is considered the best kick from this years draft. No idea if he will get games, hopefully the new coach will give a few of these young blokes a go.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure what effect if any new recruit Hayden Young will have on Ryan if he gets games but during the Under 18 Championship Young was ranked first for intercept possessions and is considered the best kick from this years draft. No idea if he will get games, hopefully the new coach will give a few of these young blokes a go.
Great info, thanks for sharing!

AFL Club
Fremantle
Early thoughts on Ryan and his role?

Who do Freo like the ball in the hands of coming out of the backline and is does Ryan have any competition for that intercept marking gig?
So hard to know with a new coach. We got a glimpse of Shaw, Teague and Ratten coaching for quite a few games but Longmuir and Nicks could do anything. They should have a license to experiment so there will be plenty of opportunities for PODs.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Okay, some speculative picks here in the Essendon camp. Joey Daniher. Priced at 62avg (no disc 4 games, but include injury game). Yep, just add him to the list to cheap KPFs! Also any thoughts on Will Snelling. Scores well will he be best 22?

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Can the SC GOAT pull out a couple more respectable SC seasons... Brent Harvey went to 21 seasons...
I think GAJ said that 2020 will be his last.

Fully expect him to maintain an elite average and he did play 21 matches + finals so I don't think he's as much of an injury or resting risk as the masses would have you believe.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Take out Whit, Dusty & Heeney whom I think are locks whether you start them all or not. Who else would you bank on finishing top 6 or 7?
I think GAJ said that 2020 will be his last.

Fully expect him to maintain an elite average and he did play 21 matches + finals so I don't think he's as much of an injury or resting risk as the masses would have you believe.
4. Walters
5. GAZ
6. TJL
7. J. Steven (Perhaps...)

Little bit too similar to last year's performance... 5/6 ... normally more change... but it's tricky. If it was easy...