Discussion General Discussion

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I might debut in the NFL one this year .... have been playing it for a few years but generally don't do well due to the early morning starts

More of a night owl ... and subsequently sleep through my VC / C options ... but will still be playing it and tracking stats as per normal ...
I debuted last season and finished 22nd out of roughly 2000 to 3000 with 2 SuperCoach scores leagues featuring in the top 5 (1st and 5th) and the majority of participants featuring in the top 100-200.

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I debuted last season and finished 22nd out of roughly 2000 to 3000 with 2 SuperCoach scores leagues featuring in the top 5 (1st and 5th) and the majority of participants featuring in the top 100-200.
Sounds good ... I actually used a lot of the info from this site in conjunction with my own stats, player knowledge etc after the season had started last year ...

- Unfortunately though.... I only stumbled across this site after the season had started when looking for an NBA comp to enter ..
- So ... in short I can attest to the valuable knowledge bank of members on this site and their willingness to share ...

Darkie

AFL Club
Collingwood
Sounds good ... I actually used a lot of the info from this site in conjunction with my own stats, player knowledge etc after the season had started last year ...

- Unfortunately though.... I only stumbled across this site after the season had started when looking for an NBA comp to enter ..
- So ... in short I can attest to the valuable knowledge bank of members on this site and their willingness to share ...
Wow.

AFL Club
Collingwood
2022 FIFA World Cup qualification

Group A: China, Syria, Philippines, Maldives, Guam.
Group B: Australia, Jordan, Chinese Tapei, Kuati and Nepal.
Group C: Iran, Iraq, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Cambodia
Group D: Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Palestine, Yemen, Singapore
Group E: Bangladesh, Oman, India, Afghanistan, Qatar
Group F: Japan, Kyrgyz Republic , Tajikistan, Myanmar, Mongolia
Group E: UAE, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia
Group F: South Korea, Lebanon, DPR Korea, Turkmenistan, Sri Lanka

Group Winners and 4 best Runner Ups advance to the next round

• Tuesday 10th September – Kuwait v Caltex Socceroos
  • Thursday 10th October – Caltex Socceroos v Nepal
  • Tuesday 15th October – Chinese Taipei v Caltex Socceroos
  • Thursday 14th November – Jordan v Caltex Socceroos
  • Thursday 26th March – Caltex Socceroos v Kuwait
  • Tuesday 31st March – Nepal v Caltex Socceroos
  • Thursday 4th June – Caltex Socceroos v Chinese Taipei
  • Tuesday 9th June – Caltex Socceroos v Jordan

Interestingly the Socceroos (along with Qatar) have been invited to compete in the 2020 Copa America in Colombia and Argentina from 12 June to 12 July 2020.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/07/19/2019-betfred-world-matchplay-preview

2019 Betfred World Matchplay (Darts) begins tomorrow morning with 32 players vying for the Phil Taylor trophy.

Gerwyn Price, Rob Cross, Gary Anderson in action tomorrow
Dave Chisnall, Michael Smith, James Wade, Mensur Suljovic, Michael Van Gerwen and Adrian Lewis in action across Sunday's 2 sessions
Peter Wright and Aussie Simon Whitlock featuring on Monday (last day of 1st round)

Competition runs until the 29th of July.
The 2nd round of the tournament concludes tomorrow with Aussie Simon Whitlock in action against Peter Wright.

Big name casualties so far have been
1st round- Dave Chisnall (Lost 9-11 to Max Hopp), Adrian Lewis (Lost 4-10 to Glen Durrant) and Gerwyn Price (Lost 12-13 to Stephen Bunting)
2nd round- Michael Van Gerwen (Lost 11-13 to Glen Durrant), Mensur Suljovic (Lost 11-13 to James Wade) and Gary Anderson (Lost 8-11 to Mervyn King)

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The 2nd round of the tournament concludes tomorrow with Aussie Simon Whitlock in action against Peter Wright.

Big name casualties so far have been
1st round- Dave Chisnall (Lost 9-11 to Max Hopp), Adrian Lewis (Lost 4-10 to Glen Durrant) and Gerwyn Price (Lost 12-13 to Stephen Bunting)
2nd round- Michael Van Gerwen (Lost 11-13 to Glen Durrant), Mensur Suljovic (Lost 11-13 to James Wade) and Gary Anderson (Lost 8-11 to Mervyn King)

Tough gig for the Wizard but hope he does us proud ...

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Saw the replay this arvo and wasn't surprised at the result .... Wright is in some pretty good form at the moment ....
Has been my favourite player due to his colourful attire/appearance and antics since I started watching around 2014 when he made a late run in that year’s world championship. Also with his recent from regarding amassing 4 titles in the past 2 months, I wonder if he has finally settled on a set of darts after his constant adjustments.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mentioned previously in the TV thread but I think it suits this thread better regarding Gilbert Gottfried’s Amazing Colossal Podcast. Some great recent episodes featuring Charles Fox, Beverly D’Angelo, Live Singalong and Trivia Show and the 60th Anniversary Twilight Show Panel.

Also would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations for other podcasts to potentially listen to.

Beg2Differ

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
One to store away in the memory banks for next year. I played the Tour de France fantasy and found it pretty interesting. The website was pretty good. It wasn’t that onerous and I played it pretty casually. I didn’t do that well but will be better for the run (as they say).