Opinion Questions For Rowsus

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Bermi. Fellow Hoff holder here. Have you considered Newnes - dpp with mids, averaging in 90’s, $403,000 price so you will make a bit of cash. Lose the ruck backup however. Seems the best option IMO if you want to sideways trade him.

The other option is to grit your teeth and keep him. He can’t be that bad all season but unlikely to be 100ppg player as Rowsus points out. Perhaps 80 -90. And who knows when you might find that ruck dpp useful. You can use the trade saved on upgrading elsewhere a rookie - still looks the better option to me if you do the sums.

Haven’t considered Rowsus suggestion to trade him out for a rookie but it should give you the cash to upgrade a rookie to T Kelly when he finishes his price drop in a few weeks.
This is the trouble with SuperCoach - too many options! All the best and I would like to know what you decide.
Thanks for your suggestions Cattleherder. I'm keen to know what you decide as well.

At this stage, I'm going to wait and see how many of my rumoured Fwds are not playing this weekend, because that will be a big factor on what I do. Westhoff is not my only concern, as I have Dunkley as well to decide his future. Dunkley is of less concern because he plays CAR and his Break Even is 120, which means he shouldn't drop too much in price, while Westhoff's BE is 167 and plays WCE in WA.

To keep Westhoff, hmmm. I have not read anything that indicates Westhoff will improve his scoring a lot, nothing concrete to place any hope on. Time to bite the bullet and abandon my plan of having cover for my ruckmen.
So thinking Westhoff can be traded to Reilly O'Brien, via Bines, to make some money.
Then I could upgrade Dunkley to a Heeney (if he plays?) or even a LLoyd (via D/F Moore) and have $200 to $300 in the Cap.

You mentioned side trading to Newnes, but I was looking at another STK player that I like better and maybe you could consider too. I like Billings because, firstly, I will be able to afford him at $473,100, he is averaging 102 and his BE is 43. He is playing a new role that is SC friendly, will be 24yo and is a talented player. Could possibly be a top Fwd at season's end?

Too many options doesn't bother me much, it's not having the facts/info to help decide which option to choose that I hate.

AFL Club
Geelong
Thanks for your suggestions Cattleherder. I'm keen to know what you decide as well.

At this stage, I'm going to wait and see how many of my rumoured Fwds are not playing this weekend, because that will be a big factor on what I do. Westhoff is not my only concern, as I have Dunkley as well to decide his future. Dunkley is of less concern because he plays CAR and his Break Even is 120, which means he shouldn't drop too much in price, while Westhoff's BE is 167 and plays WCE in WA.

To keep Westhoff, hmmm. I have not read anything that indicates Westhoff will improve his scoring a lot, nothing concrete to place any hope on. Time to bite the bullet and abandon my plan of having cover for my ruckmen.
So thinking Westhoff can be traded to Reilly O'Brien, via Bines, to make some money.
Then I could upgrade Dunkley to a Heeney (if he plays?) or even a LLoyd (via D/F Moore) and have $200 to $300 in the Cap.

You mentioned side trading to Newnes, but I was looking at another STK player that I like better and maybe you could consider too. I like Billings because, firstly, I will be able to afford him at $473,100, he is averaging 102 and his BE is 43. He is playing a new role that is SC friendly, will be 24yo and is a talented player. Could possibly be a top Fwd at season's end?

Too many options doesn't bother me much, it's not having the facts/info to help decide which option to choose that I hate.
Hi Bermi
Here are some information/reasons for keeping Hoff, which I am inclined to do at t]he moment:
- he is an endurance beast only missing one game since 2013 and not averaging less than 85.2 in that time.
- In the last 3 rounds he has played two of his least preferred teams in Richmond and Brisbane. He plays WCE this round and his record suggests he scores better than average against them.
- He always throws in a few low scores each season, though I admit his recent run of 3 low scores in a row is new territory. However he did score 149 against Melbourne first round and I am sure all coaches with him felt he was a great selection!
- Most importantly, when I crunch the numbers I see I am better off using my trades to better the value of my rookies, than being sidetracked by the Hoff and my other problem J Selwood. If he doesn’t improve, then he can sit at F6 or even F7.
- Keep the dpp with rucks option.
I note your suggestion of Billing’s. I have had him the last two seasons and so am wary of him, but you may be right and he has turned the corner and is good value. Only time will tell.

My thoughts at present - good luck!

AFL Club
West Coast
Hey Rowsus.

I've got a Ruck line of Gawn, Goldy and Bines.

Obvious move to get O'Brien in is to trade on of Setterfield/Balta via Bines, but is there any wisdom in trading out a premium ruck for O'Brien as R2 and spending the cash elsewhere in lieu of getting someone like Sydney Stack?

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey Rowsus.

I've got a Ruck line of Gawn, Goldy and Bines.

Obvious move to get O'Brien in is to trade on of Setterfield/Balta via Bines, but is there any wisdom in trading out a premium ruck for O'Brien as R2 and spending the cash elsewhere in lieu of getting someone like Sydney Stack?
Here's what I wrote Zoku Pops earlier in the week.

I don't like it too much. You need things to go really well, to use 2 trades, to profit $200k
Mummy up $130-$140k (IF he stays on the park), Gawn to come down $60-$70k, hence $200k profit, but probably a total of 80-100 points lost in that time, too.
Generally if you are going to burn a high priced Prem, you want the them to have a 180+ B/E (Gawn is B/E 137), so you are a good chance they'll drop $100k+. Your plan also fails to fit the other clause for burning a high priced Prem, that you get a 2 for 1 Prem on the deal. I don't think Mummy counts as a Prem, so the only other time this plan works, is if you think for some reason Gawn will score sub 100 while out of your team.
Not enough return for the trades used, so I wouldn't do it.
Unless you think Preuss will force Gawn down into the 105-108 area, or lower, it's not worth it.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey Row , Hope ya been better then your Dees.
Im trying to work out best course of action with taking Drews 105.
I have 3 leagues I class as important and in these leagues i have
B.Crouch as pod x2
Kelly as pod x 2
Libba as pod x 2
Walsh as pod x 1
Im leaning towards benching the rookie in Walsh for guaranteed 105 or do i bench one if the x2 pod guys ?
Not really a analysis question more opinion

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey Row , Hope ya been better then your Dees.
Im trying to work out best course of action with taking Drews 105.
I have 3 leagues I class as important and in these leagues i have
B.Crouch as pod x2
Kelly as pod x 2
Libba as pod x 2
Walsh as pod x 1
Im leaning towards benching the rookie in Walsh for guaranteed 105 or do i bench one if the x2 pod guys ?
Not really a analysis question more opinion
Hi Maso,
sorry I got to this late. Busy day yesterday.
Assuming you meant T Kelly, I would have said toss a coin on Kelly or Walsh, so it might be best I did get her late!

AFL Club
Essendon
All good mate i ended up with B.Crouch on bench so i gained 5pts haha.
I will have a better question for you in regards to replacing Milera once supercoach opens tonight.

AFL Club
West Coast
Hi Rowsus.

I've been trawling through the statistical data yourself and others have put up and it is helping me, but just checking for any 'right now' thoughts you might have on Lloyd v Whitfield if I were to upgrade a rookie to either one this week.

I think Lloyd is slightly better as a SC option due to his role and lack of threat whereas Whitfield might be the better player but might attract opposition attention.

Not 100% sold on grabbing either one but there's a nice poetry about getting one or the other and a $123,900 rookie for Collins+Clark and having $0 in the bank.

Hi Rowsus,

Currently struggling to determine who will be the top scorers on each line and who to target and trade in as I upgrade my team. Would love to get your thoughts on what players you look to target with your upgrades and trade ins.

Do you look at guys with strong history that have a dip in form? (Eg. Gray,Laird,Simpson,Buddy, etc),or do you look at guys that have increased their scoring and are in good form and/or a new scoring pattern/breakout ? (Eg Stewart,Worpel,Rocky,Hurn, Zak Jones etc).

Obviously price comes into consideration when looking at upgrades and observing who is ‘overpriced’ and ‘underpriced’.

Cheers,Pieman.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
What are your plans for Darling, Andrews?
I've actually already traded Darling.
It's quite amazing, that he can score a 9, and still have a B/E as low as 124!
I don't think he's likely to hit that B/E, playing Geelong at Geelong, so you have 3 choices (obviously).
Hold him now, as his price is so low ($385,000), that he's probably still potentially the best player in that price range.
Trade him up, all the way up to a more solid Prem.
Trade him down to a Rookie on the bubble (Baker would seem the obvious choice).
I think i'd cut bait, and run. Take the opportunity to go Darling ---> Baker

I'm going to try and ride Andrews out, and hope it is only one or two weeks.
I should preface that by saying, I also have Milera to deal with, so it makes the Andrews hold decision a little easier.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Rowsus.

I've been trawling through the statistical data yourself and others have put up and it is helping me, but just checking for any 'right now' thoughts you might have on Lloyd v Whitfield if I were to upgrade a rookie to either one this week.

I think Lloyd is slightly better as a SC option due to his role and lack of threat whereas Whitfield might be the better player but might attract opposition attention.

Not 100% sold on grabbing either one but there's a nice poetry about getting one or the other and a $123,900 rookie for Collins+Clark and having $0 in the bank.
Hi Eagling,
price, average, B/E's all identical, or near idenitical, amazing really.
As I wrote last week, in Anatomy, Daedalus, Sisyphus' Rock, Whitfield seemed too highly priced, and Lloyd was just within a buy range, I think I'd grab Lloyd, as Whitfield can become targetted, but Lloyd just seems to be left to run free.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Rowsus,

Currently struggling to determine who will be the top scorers on each line and who to target and trade in as I upgrade my team. Would love to get your thoughts on what players you look to target with your upgrades and trade ins.

Do you look at guys with strong history that have a dip in form? (Eg. Gray,Laird,Simpson,Buddy, etc),or do you look at guys that have increased their scoring and are in good form and/or a new scoring pattern/breakout ? (Eg Stewart,Worpel,Rocky,Hurn, Zak Jones etc).

Obviously price comes into consideration when looking at upgrades and observing who is ‘overpriced’ and ‘underpriced’.

Cheers,Pieman.
Hi Pieman,
I try to balance my trading between the two. Try and grab a Stewart type, that has a SC friendly role, before his price tops out. Try and grab a Premium that his dipped in price, before he starts to climb too much. I generally try and shy away from a dipped Prem, that only has a shallow history. He's not a solid Prem if last year was his only good performance, or even if he has only a season and a little bit, I'd prefer to try and get one that has at least 2 good seasons, and a dip in price. There really not too many that don't have a dip at some stage, so timing is everything!

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi Rowsus
Seeing as you're a Wallis owner aswell. Could I please get your thoughts on him? Do you think he has had a change in role over the past 2 weeks? Not sure whether I need to be getting off this sinking ship that is Wallis or to back him in to rebound.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Rowsus
Seeing as you're a Wallis owner aswell. Could I please get your thoughts on him? Do you think he has had a change in role over the past 2 weeks? Not sure whether I need to be getting off this sinking ship that is Wallis or to back him in to rebound.
Hi Tam,
if I didn't have worse problems to fix, he'd be high up on my to-be-fixed list.
He's not playing the role I hoped for, and can get high disposal games for low scores.
I think he can salvage to a slightly disappointing pick, but at the moment he is worse than that.

AFL Club
Carlton
Hi Rows,

Like yourself I am struggling this year.
Is Telly a must have to bring in this week
I plan to downgrade cousins to say a Hayes or maybe hately (go early) but cannot get to Telly using Parker. I would have to use Moore or Drew.
What are your thoughts on Newnes?
Seems to be playing a more SC friendly role again this tear.

Cheers

AFL Club
Carlton
Hey Rows,

Is it worth trading Danger to a Daniel or Newnes type, if it means also turning a Walsh into Fyfe or Bont ?

Status
Not open for further replies.